12th May - Color Coordinating Colonies, Cogently

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, May 12, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

12th May - Color Coordinating Colonies, Cogently

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Richtor, velkos4ever, Tamorr and 16 others like this.
  2. TheWalrusNet

TheWalrusNet Phantasmal Quasar

You... You monsters D:

3. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

Oh I can't wait to populate my Death star! and is @tccoxon having fun at work?!

4. Speed4racer

Speed4racer Void-Bound Voyager

That's hilarious, I think you should keep it like that! It'd be nice to have some NPCs that can be abused with no consequence.

tomatelopes, The Squid, Retr0 and 2 others like this.
  5. ScienceSlasher

ScienceSlasher Void-Bound Voyager

perfect song for testing that sort of thing if you ask me. and trust me. i do a lot of that kind of testing! :sneaky:

6. Unclever title

Unclever title Cosmic Narwhal

Any chance of flames like those burning up wooden blocks and structures? Or other ostensibly flammable materials? I'd like that.

7. Barlov Monkiss

Barlov Monkiss Big Damn Hero

Not sure if post is cold or hot... :lod:

8. I'm excited for pallet matching based on biome. It makes far more sense from a biological standpoint.

9. Marandola12

Marandola12 Void-Bound Voyager

Good suggestion for a future update.

10. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Griefers rejoice for that one.

On-topic: Can I later change my colonist's clothing? *remembers NPC Control mod from the Koala era*

11. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

More importantly if you could have access to NPC's inventory. Or at least their wardrobe. Or use NPC as container, put/take clothes/weapons and watch them redress...

12. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Huh... Respawning NPCs eh?
    Traps... Buzz saws... Flame throwers... Insta-respawn... OP god items... I think I've got some ideas for a new *house* that I'd like to get started on. :devil:

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  13. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I hope those 'Test NPCs' were all evil Politicians! :mwahaha:

Agreed. It's completely silly to be able to go down to the Core of a Planet & make a Ice Platform on the Block layer above the Core Lava & literally be able to use ICE to stay safely over LAVA. :rofl: (& I personally vouch for this being possible, I have tested & confirmed this being possible.)

14. NeoFoxx000

NeoFoxx000 Phantasmal Quasar

In my mind, I'm imagining that respawning NPC screaming phrases like "What did I do to deserve this!?" and "I'm sorry I took the last doughnut from the break room!" and my favorite "This was never mentioned on Craigslist!"

Anyway, on a serious note, I don't think it's a good idea for them to drop pixels upon death. I mean after watching the video a few times, I noticed that along with bandages and seeds the respawning NPC was also dropping a small pile of cash.

Tamorr, Blue, shannyxvx and 3 others like this.
  15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Feng-shui them around a bit. It's object placement that controls the seed that controls the looks.

16. SecretlyRiot

SecretlyRiot Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure what I had expected from the video, though whatever was expected was overwhelmed by my desire to laugh way harder than I should have.
    On a serious note though: I'm glad to see the colonization is moving smoothly, will the spawners be broken into categories (one colony npc spawner for a non-essential npc and another for, let's say, a merchant?). :viking:

17. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Those two things look awesome! I might finally actually have the motivation to build a big city or something when this hits unstable.

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

Cool change, and looks like a fun job to have

19. Hunter_J

Hunter_J Industrial Terraformer

All I have to say to those changes...

Future generations will write text interpretations on this.

20. Akuma2142

Akuma2142 Void-Bound Voyager

Now that's a fun and lazy way to farm pixels! :rofl:

Axe Garian likes this.