30 April - Greetings, humanoids

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 30, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

30 April - Greetings, humanoids

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I claim full responsibility for giving metadept the idea for the NPC thing.

DaedricShadow and severedskullz like this.
  3. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

Now give him idea about custom user-defined status bars and windows, pronto.

4. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Existential Complex

There are really people who seriously complain about having two Starbound apps in their Steam library? Is that really a problem? Srsly?
    On a sidenote: Please keep up the good work. Have fun with your new (old) table too. I started playing SB recently after a long time and I absolutely love it.

5. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

This is all awesome :D

People have also been asking what was in the last stable update though? Was it just the 1 server fix?

6. Treldent-02

Treldent-02 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wasn't that the update from april 27th? That seems to have more than 1 server fix

7. SoldierMorty

SoldierMorty Big Damn Hero

Oh damn, that's a pretty nice table now! Would be a shame if... ssssssssomeone stole it.
    *TENSIONS MOUNT* :urgh:

Gunslinger likes this.
  8. Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

@ Gunslinger its not that people 'complain'
    when something like that happens, some folks worry that something has gone wrong with their steam. or that something has happened to their original to break it ect. some freak out because they dont know *why* something new is there. and for some it just bugs the hell outa em. i know it bugged the hel out of me when my game count went down by one, but i cant see a missing game lol

im glad its a real legit things. i can keep my stable (which i back up befor playing updates) and still mess about with unstable or nightly on the other version
    thanks, Starbound :D

Gunslinger likes this.
  9. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Was wondering what that was all about... So now that I truly know I can utilize it. I find it funny the ones that complain of the two separate apps, but at least their is a way to hide them.:)

Well that answers indirectly some of my questions of housing.

That seems like an interesting idea for a table. collage looks nice from this angle.:D

10. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Nope, there was a 249 MB - 570 MB stable update late in the day on the 28th. (Posts one and two from players about it.)

11. ScienceSlasher

ScienceSlasher Void-Bound Voyager

so that's what happened to the nightly version! i was confused! thanks for the update!

12. extremist

extremist Existential Complex

That's amazing, I much enjoy checking out the nightly w/o possibly breaking my character. I'm bad about backups :badpokerface:

13. Treldent-02

Treldent-02 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, my mistake, not sure i got that update, might of just not noticed it, though

14. Sitanel

Sitanel Void-Bound Voyager

I can't wait to repopulate all galaxy without any chance of getting a STD :D

neon_xeon likes this.
  15. Kamarihi

Kamarihi Void-Bound Voyager

I'm really hyped about all that I see, but I have a question; since I don't know what the changes to the Humanoids completely includes. Are the Avians finally gonna have talking emotes? :O If not, that's all good- I can wait, but I got really excited when it said the changes to all humanoids are done.

16. midga

midga Void-Bound Voyager

I would love a nice wallpaper of that table. ;)

17. jcklsldr

jcklsldr Void-Bound Voyager

I mentioned in a previous post about lazy builders not wanting to build every house for a new colonist and having the colonists "build their own house within a player defined 'colonization' zone". Maybe create another system where i can "scan" existing structures and add their template to the colony template so NPC's can choose at random which house they want to build

18. Captain Rage

Captain Rage Phantasmal Quasar

Splendid table! If I only had a Pixel Printer IRL to print one. :p

Tamorr likes this.
  19. enceos

enceos Subatomic Cosmonaut

Molly, you definitely need to start featuring videos of the week and mods of the week for this community. I suggest Starbound Side Stories to be the first mod featured. This guy is genius!

vanella and LeSir like this.
  20. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

What were the NPC/humanoid changes?