1st April - Not a bug!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 1, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

1st April - Not a bug!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Well what do we have here? A blog post on April fools?
    Hehe, it's going to be interesting to see the comments!

TeddyBearYoshi likes this.
  3. Magament

Magament Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well I wont believe nothing of this post april fools :/

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Oh sweet NPC dialog boxes finally. One feature that really will help immersion.

5. Feathery Dust

I'd be very disappointed if this is an April fools prank because this looks awesome!~ ^ w^

Doctor Devil likes this.
  6. No April Fools pranks here. :p

7. Cgeta

Cgeta Pangalactic Porcupine

Oooh, I really REALLY like that!

Kawa likes this.
  8. steelwing

steelwing Big Damn Hero

:D The old lady character portrait looks awesome. Actually, they all look awesome!

sid3aff3ct likes this.
  9. Feathery Dust

Great to have it confirmed~

10. Starboundbyboundedstars

Starboundbyboundedstars Void-Bound Voyager

I'll keep saying until I get a response from the Devs.

How are the server stability fixes going? I mean, you do know that's still a problem, right? How has Kyren done?

11. Hey! Sorry you haven't gotten a response. I'll tell you what I told someone else just yesterday:

We know a lot of people are concerned about multiplayer issues. I've asked the programming team just to be sure, and I can confirm that we've spent a lot of time recently on the server architecture and we're hoping that the impending update will have already fixed a bunch of these issues. Problems that aren't addressed in the next update will be a priority for the next update!

After the next unstable/stable update is out, we'd be interested in knowing which of these issues still persist! If you can provide any detailed reports about the symptoms/conditions where they occur, that'd be really helpful to us.

12. engiSonic

engiSonic Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i reiterate that esther is the main guide for the story parts because she's an archeologist and the ark is really old. you probably meet her by the tents. I'm also glad dialog boxes are going to be a thing - even if only for main story.

EDIT: also hey guys remember when we thought the concept art of esther was greenfinger? good times

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

<Kawa> Aaaaand I suppose I'll have to make some felin NPC portraits now. Or at least a good template.
    <Lumi> haha totally

One edit of the felin SAIL avatar later...
    [​IMG]

14. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

... That glitch concept art is great.
    Also, despite repeated affirmations that this is not a prank, I'm still kinda nervous. I mean, it's like...
    It's april fools! It must be a prank! And they said it isn't, so that means it really is! But what if they want me to think that? What if it isn't a prank? And then, after I've decided on, that, *BAM* it comes out it's a prank! But all of that was, in and of itself, a prank! So that means that... Uh...
    Error:
    Type1Ninja.exe has encountered a fatal error

Memory Overflow
    Try turning it off and on again

*Bzzt*
    ... That's a little better.
    Anyway, I liked last year's prank a lot, actually; it was clearly a prank but not that harmful. Unless you have light sensitivity issues. Then it could be harmful, I guess, but that's what the brightness setting is for, right? :p

15. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Har har, I see what you did thur.

16. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Omg NPC portraits! Thank you! This *really* opens some doors for NPC design & creation in modding. Can't wait to see how Yall have built the NPCs so that I can start putting characters into my own mod work!

17. Firetempest

Firetempest Big Damn Hero

Ok, now make a real Bug NPC. Like a Evil one in a jar in a holding cell at the outpost. Plankton character comes to mind.

18. Unclever title

Unclever title Cosmic Narwhal

Hmm... a plant person princess stuck in a bottle?

Morzan, Fina, Makao and 1 other person like this.
  19. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

Ah, the pains of trying to post a progress update on a day where nobody believes anything...

I do love that glitch though. It gives me ideas for my own glitch art. :D

20. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I feel bad I only now realized there is a homage to fresh prince of belaire
    Used to love that show

==
    Will Smith! - nuff said.

Eternalmyst and Heartstrings like this.