27 March - Wrapping up the week!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 27, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

27 March - Wrapping up the week!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

AdenSword, Tamorr, Lecic and 13 others like this.
  2. alibabaggypants

alibabaggypants Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That is the best news I've heard all day. So glad for this!!

3. DreadNaught

DreadNaught Void-Bound Voyager

I'm so excited!!!! Restarting is sooo tedious. Thank you! :virorb::whoop::mwahaha:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Titanium likes this.
  4. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Loving the concept sketches that are included with each blog post now!

5. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

Alright, Starbound update on my birthday. VERY great present. :3

6. Starboundbyboundedstars

Starboundbyboundedstars Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, so Kyren's not working on server stability anymore? Did she give up or is she finished? The only update we ever got on it was about a "rare occurrence".

Communication, people, makes the world go 'round.

7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Is this the end of Twerkgazer????

Also, thank you Kyren! You'll make a lot of people happy with that change!

8. Greymir

Greymir Void-Bound Voyager

Wonderful news! Especially that last bit about unique worlds, and not having to restart missions when we die during them.

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

"Kyren is making persistent unique worlds and making mission instances last longer."

This is very interesting to me.

The | Suit likes this.
  10. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

My also add they maybe add in like small sidequest or objectives through finding secrets or interacting with some of the NPC you find during missions, given em some depth

11. Connockobonker

Connockobonker Aquatic Astronaut

When is the BIG update we are all talking about with ship pets, more ax types,etc going to be released:wtf:.

12. Treldent-02

Treldent-02 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

'New Boss'? Hmm...Wonder if that's that boulder thing from awhile back..

13. ESquidHD

ESquidHD Void-Bound Voyager

Pretty sweet concepts... they really make the story of each race pop. :eek:

14. TheGlitchKing

TheGlitchKing Subatomic Cosmonaut

Exactly how are we not going to have to start over? Checkpoints that you return to when you die(I would like that-perhaps a pattern-buffer-esque thing at certain points in the mission)? Are you just changing it so that the player still has to go back and choose the mission again, but parts of it are already complete? Either way, saving missions sound great to me.
    By the way, do longer mission instances mean that the missions will last longer and have more fights and such, rather than a single boss battle(as with the Dreadwing and Penguin Robot missions), or is it a reference to something in the code of the game?
    (Also, great work on the concept sketches.)

15. Doctor Devil

Doctor Devil Big Damn Hero

I'm quite sure "mission instances last longer" mean that the mission world won't get reset even after you die and leave it. That is the case ATM. Now, when you die during a mission, you'll be able to start it again, without having to kill the minions (like the smaller penguins or flesh-people). Maybe even the bosses HP will persist, who knows.

I really hope Chucklefish won't decide to add checkpoints. That would totally ruin the difficulty level. Unless they would be only present in the "casual" mode :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Akre and TheGlitchKing like this.
  16. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

17. Tuliup Man

Tuliup Man Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hopefully she finished in "fixing it" as multiplayer is REALLY broken sadly caps is the only thing I can use to express my great distress at this, but the content is great... its just that I would love to play it with friends and all... you know without the world getting reset and the servers crashing every 3 seconds thanks ;D

18. ThaOneDon

ThaOneDon Parsec Taste Tester

I love these updates.

:up:

19. Silveressa

Silveressa Subatomic Cosmonaut

Nice to see regular updates like this, and looking forward to seeing the dungeon mission progress saved. (just splitting it up so the boss fights are separate missions would solve the issue mostly since the main annoyance is having to redo the entire dungeon when you die from the boss.)

There's a problem with server stability? I've been playing on a personal server with my significant other and we've got around 40 hours with only a single server crash (when occurred when I was mining and fell through the bottom of the moon unexpectedly.) Even then all our progress was saved so it was only a 2 minute delay while I restarted the server.

20. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

That'll be a nice and anticipated feature to be able to play the mission without repeating everthing after dying. :confirm:
    I seriously detest repeating things in games to progress. There where quite some games that went straight on the shelf again because the saving 'feature' was pure idiocy.
    Love the sketches. :love: