23rd March - Busy Monday!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Supernorn

Supernorn Starbound Artist and Parallax Pixel Pusher Chucklefish

Supernorn submitted a new blog post:

23rd March - Busy Monday!

MinimalHermit, Zael, Lecic and 12 others like this.
  2. ZallCaTor

ZallCaTor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice love the textures!
    I'm glad we have variety now, especially with the axes. Up next, swords maybe?!
    1st, cuz I can.

3. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice dizzy animation - no need to actually whack the enemy, rotate several axes like that will do :laugh:

The first impressions on the swords look nice, too. And the transporters. Nice work guys, you seem all to be like :kitten::kitten2: right now :up:

Titanium likes this.
  4. Geissanhall

Geissanhall Scruffy Nerf-Herder

after all the amazing progress thats been done and anticipation for the next update summed up >[​IMG]

5. 576-Belligerent-Coil

576-Belligerent-Coil Void-Bound Voyager

This stuff looks super-boss. I like the direction the axes and swords are going, and it's always fun to see some visual stuff. One question though, are you keeping some of the classic low-tech looking weapons?

Hamty likes this.
  6. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Nice to see that swords are up for getting some awesome improvements!! And I am absolutely hyped to know all about the story of Starbound......but I have to ask the obligatory question I must always ask: when are we going to hear something about the builder and farming progression paths?

DaedricShadow and teilnehmer like this.
  7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

The sword hilts look really good.
    The red one is a bit weird for me - but otherwise the rest look great

8. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Yea, what to do with those rusty old weapons? Keep them in the game, so that we can smelt them into usable material!

cheeseywiz98 and Type1Ninja like this.
  9. I was wondering if you guys could work on boosting the speed of the coordinate/planet finder/ship console's processing. It's very slow and the only way to fix it is to beam down, wait, then beam back up. Thanks.

10. Harrug

Harrug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First of all, this is all sooooo cool! Swords especially.
    Secondly, I love the new update format with you guys posting quick little summaries of what you have all been working on/accomplished. Not sure if it's here to stay, but I find it very informing.

11. Starboundbyboundedstars

Starboundbyboundedstars Void-Bound Voyager

Any updates on servers?

12. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

That's awesome :D

13. ZStoneheart

ZStoneheart Poptop Tamer

Out of curiosity has there been any work on the Instability of the Shipworld files? :3

14. thedemoninside

thedemoninside Starship Captain

Just a quick question anybody who knows can feel free to answer....Has there been any news on a release schedule for the next stable update? I don't keep up with Starbound as much as I used to, and only come back for a week or two when a big update is made.

15. Ignify

Ignify Phantasmal Quasar

Soooo cool! I love the more futuristic-appearing teleporters, what I guess are the Apex and impervium ones? I also love how the .gif of the player cycling through some of the axes shows how the positioning is done for each of the specific handles. Thanks so much for the update! ^-^

16. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

i'm going to be that nitpicky guy and say "i don't see anything green in those palettes for the axes" and than i'll be that other guy that says "I kind of like it that way"

17. Broseph20

Broseph20 Void-Bound Voyager

Loving those new sword hilts already! Can't wait to see moar!

18. 1nfinitezer0

1nfinitezer0 Cosmic Narwhal

Great work, exciting things ahead!

The post reminded me to remark how much I've been loving the cave generation lately. You find a trickle of things pointing into a rock, and are often rewarded with a vein of ore or continuation of the cave system. Feels very natural :gjob:

Mining still feels slow though, all tools could ramp up, and it doesn't look like I'll ever not have to cheat/mod to do so :/ Is there a reason it's so slow? Waiting at those ratios doesn't offer anything to gameplay

19. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

Also, about the teleporters......

Any idea if there will be 3 varients? 1 for planetary teleportation (between ports on 1 planet), 1 for interplanetary teleportation (between planets) and 1 for interstellar teleportation (between systems)

then again.....hearing that in my head, feels like im defeating the purpose of the ship somehow

20. 1nfinitezer0

1nfinitezer0 Cosmic Narwhal

The way it's currently in nightly is that you can beam up from any planet with a teleporter to your ship, or you can goto the teleporter and select another one in the network.

DaedricShadow likes this.