ATTN Londoners: Win tickets to EGX Rezzed 2015!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 17, 2015.

1. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

ahh... suddenly i miss london lol

edit: huah! first post for once!
    xD

BloodyFingers likes this.
  2. Avering

Avering Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am sad that I won't be able to go..... Oh well we can see a lot of interesting stuff (especially looking forward for the stories). Good luck to the contestants.

3. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

I don't live in London :(

4. Thanatos-IV

Thanatos-IV Star Wrangler

Wow! I wish I was in London. . .

5. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Brb buying a plane ticket

eksynn likes this.
  6. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Can't wait to see the entries people make for the competition.
    There are some really creative people in this community.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    eksynn, Tamorr and Kawa like this.
  7. GorunNova

GorunNova Pangalactic Porcupine

Attention non-Londoners! *cue fanfare* ... nothing to see here, move along.

Conventions are cool, though. Pity none happen in the middle of nowhere that acts as my city of residence. ^^

eksynn likes this.
  8. Saphykun

Saphykun Void-Bound Voyager

OMGWTFBBQ I'm in utter absolute disgust that the devs are going to a con instead of actually developping stuff. Clearly they're such greedy people, charging for an early access game (you should pay US for testing!), and now selling t-shirts and stickers? How greedy can you get? And never mind that they're giving out free tickets because that is totally irrelevant to the discussion - oh wait, they're making us WORK for it! BLASPHEMY! SHENANIGANS! HWFO! WARGHBARGLE!

Jokes aside, this sounds totally awesome. Another of my favorite development teams is going to be there too (Arenanet with Guild Wars 2, anyone?). If I lived in London I think I would participate in this contest!
    ... or heck, I can go ahead and build Big Ben anyway. That sounds like fun to build...

Good luck to all the entrants! Have fun at EGX Rezzed, guys :D

9. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Tempted to enter, win, and keep the ticket despite not living in London.

eksynn likes this.
  10. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Tempting, but I don't feel like breathing that air.... kidding!

I just don't live in Europe, so can't make it.

11. DaedricShadow

DaedricShadow Pangalactic Porcupine

HNNGRH I LIVE IN LONDON HNGRNH MUST MAKE ART HUARRGHN MUST ENTER IN COMPETITION HAAZNHGAH
    I wish I had the patience to create any of these things. Well, who knows? Since I live in London, I might as well make something cool and creative like... The Wellington Arch! No-one's thought of that one yet.

eksynn likes this.
  12. Don't do that. :p

RatixFarrence and eksynn like this.
  13. Alex WaveDiver

Alex WaveDiver Pangalactic Porcupine

14. desarial

desarial Void-Bound Voyager

I don't understand, you have to own Starbound to enter the contest for a ticket you're giving away. this ticket will allow people to see you demo Starbound, which they already own? I mean, your "partners" have been poorly advertised by you, and you don't gain any money from them, so let's be realistic, you're not going to demo there games for very long. so basically the contest goes like this: Buy Starbound, Enter contest for tickets, maybe win, go to event, Watch the failing developers who are kings of broken promises play the game you already own, and they can't even finish. oh, and before the backlash, you're over a year late on the full release, and you have already talked about DLC in the past. your business model is horrible. modders have literally given this game more small updates then you have. how about you don't waste our dime on going to an event to advertise an unfinished game to create hype and eventually disappointment, and instead spend that money on finishing the game. when the game is complete and has all the "features" that were previously advertised, then you can go have fun at conventions. you're too focused on public eye and not focused enough on delivering your product. and before you act like I'm a hater, I've watched the progress of this game since day 1, I've read every post on your front page. I had, and still have, hope that this will be a great game. but the programming is messy, and the largest focus of the game is art, not functionality.

15. Limetail

Limetail Aquatic Astronaut

i'm having trouble, none of my starbound worlds are randomly generated and all my characters i make go to the same exact world where my characters have made progress (my house is present in all characters from when i made my first house with my first character), so i have to delete everything in the files to do the events, will you be able to fix it so i get random generations again so i can do this

16. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

*Sigh* oh well, at least it is nice to see events are going on. Not close enough to get there due to being on other continent. Good luck to entries.:D

17. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Yup, too far for me too. Maybe I'll participate for the fun of it though!

18. Supernorn

Supernorn Starbound Artist and Parallax Pixel Pusher Chucklefish

You sound like fun! hope to see you there! :)

Kingmarshy, dropdead, Aey and 7 others like this.
  19. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

that's because they're not randomly generated. they're PROCEDURALLY generated. it's the same exact universe for everyone, it just.. 'generates as you see it'.
    i think the only random thing about the game is which* planetary system you start in...

question to devs, will any/all of these entries be in the final game? the player-made dungeons and all these things?
    or just the best ones?
    or none at all?
    xD
    cuz i'd enter the contest even if though i know i can't win it just to help add content to the game... lol

* = edited