February 12 - Update Notes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Feb 12, 2015.

1. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

metadept submitted a new blog post:

February 12 - Update Notes

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I have so many uses for chattyobject.lua.

3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

You guys fixed 95% of all the bug reports!
    Great work!
    Now about those AoE status effects for objects. *cough*

Hadies237, Snowpup and NeuRazgriz like this.
  4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

dtanotrew, Cat656, Hadies237 and 9 others like this.
  5. That is nice. Seems you weren't able to work around the server Stability Issues, but now with error logs on crashes i might help, i will setup one unstable server so we can reproduce the problems and get them fixed!

UNSTABLE SERVER (always up till next stable): sb.ilovebacons.com:21026
    Help playing around to reproduce possible issues so they get fixed!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  6. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Still didn't fix the paint tool glitch :eek:

TrueEdge likes this.
  7. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Oh nice!
    The crashes were annoying.
    Also very glad to hear we'll be getting craftable capes.
    Very few of the backslot items right now look like capes, oddly enough.

I always wondered about bows lacking visible stats.
    So I guess only staff weapon stats are hidden now?
    Would be nice to see them in-game, too!

Too many fixes for me to comment on all of them all, but glad to see them! :)
    It's never a good sign if a game company allows the amount of bugs remain high for long.
    Bug fixing is probably the least interesting thing in coding but oh so appreciated.

8. SerinityFyre

SerinityFyre Subatomic Cosmonaut

Nice stack up updates!

9. Rika

Rika Void-Bound Voyager

Woo! Can't wait for these to be moved over to stable *u* (time to kill off my naked crew and spawn new ones)

10. Drakaden

Drakaden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good progression, i hope to see multiplayer ship protection soon int hose features, as i prevent myself from playing any public servers just for the reason that i do not want vandals and thieves boarding my ship.

Freakscar and Fleder like this.
  11. Celd' The Magi

Celd' The Magi Pangalactic Porcupine

Good Work Y'all!

I will patiently wait for this to be pushed to stable. And I look forward to all you have coming!

SecretSquirrel

:cool:
    [DOUBLEPOST=1423754204][/DOUBLEPOST]

Response to Drakaden:

I thought they could only beam aboard if you party up with them? But not otherwise.

12. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Holy shit, this is a lot of bug fixes! I won't update the thread until it hits the stable, but I'm happy to know you managed to fix some of them![DOUBLEPOST=1423754306][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You mean the glitch when painting some blocks, like plant block or pile of eyes?

13. Zebak

Zebak Void-Bound Voyager

..sleeping without armor and no longer naked crew.. these are nice updates that bring some peace to the mind... ^.^

Seeing that list, is one lot of bugs that got squished and a few treats added... nice work, really!

...now, mind adding to the list some race-specific visual to the research station?
    ...and maybe moving the captain chair at the last tiers? (no problem adding avian consoles and an extra chair to make it look like a bridge, but right when one upgrade the ship, that lone captain chair in the middle of a huge bridge is.. a bit odd.... just my 2 cents.. ^.^)

14. SleepySquidd

Specifically referencing the outpost blocks. Already talked with Meta about it in the IRC, though.

15. Drakaden

Drakaden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's not sufficient. I want crew people and i want people to be able to come in to trade in my ship without the fear that someone will bring out it's matter tool and destroy everything. I got security mechanisms set on my ship, but nothing will protect the ship if someone just destroy them, got code pad for the teleport room doors and got a safety keypad for emergency locking the important ship doors, which would work perfectly if they wouldn't be removable by people who shouldn't have the permission to.

Freakscar, Kittails and Proydoha like this.
  16. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

You can color outpost blocks? How did you get them in the first place? D:

17. SleepySquidd

Kinda, it's glitched so it makes it look like painted ship walls. I made a hotfix that you can grab here. If you find any other blocks that do something similar let me know so I can add 'em to the hotfix.

18. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

19. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

Thank. the freaking. gods.

20. midga

midga Void-Bound Voyager

I can't access my floor chests anymore? NUUUUU ;_;

Thanks for the rest of this tho :D