We're back

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Tiy submitted a new blog post:

We're back

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

gapagapi1, Ahsoka, Rozer and 43 others like this.
  2. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

Sounds good, just keep improving the game ^_^.

3. Welcome back!
    Fix the evil things! Fix them all! o_O

Hoping you fix on the server software some severe exploits that griefers would love to have on next update to keep having fun destroying everyone else fun abusing the software security flaws.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    kittykatt, Zael, Blake81 and 3 others like this.
  4. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

That's so fetch.

Anyway, sounds like you guys have a good idea on what you want to do, let's see it happen! Make the game that everyone is looking forwards to!
    (no pressure)

Zael, Blake81 and Axe Garian like this.
  5. Colaymorak

Colaymorak Big Damn Hero

These are looking/sounding/reading good. I await the stable update with baited breath.

Ravager, n1t3n, Zael and 1 other person like this.
  6. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

Welcome back. Have fun working on the game.

Zael, Caelorum and Axe Garian like this.
  7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Sounds good so far! Can't wait for the next stable update, like most of us lol.

Great work, guys! Seemed like forever since the previous dev blog but hearing you're that much closer to a stable build makes it worth it.

Caelorum and Axe Garian like this.
  8. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Good to know! A nomad's life is my true calling but the more playstyles this game supports the better. Who knows, maybe I'll run into a builder who might offer me a temporary base of operations for a fee while I scour a planet for loot and glory! And/or a farmer who might supply me with food, should I need it.

RPing as an adventurer who needs to pay rent sounds very entertaining to me as well :DD

9. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

Playing through the unstable build at the moment. I would definitely like to see more *options* that increase difficulty besides death penalties. Additionally the death penalties should provide some incentive to use them even if it is purely cosmetic. Like exclusive personality options when making a character or unique costumes.

Zael and Caelorum like this.
  10. The Doctor

The Doctor Pangalactic Porcupine

You can make mining better honestly by giving us a new lighting source, torches are relatively crappy lighting sources and since you removed temperature they server little to no purpose. also don't torches fit into that far to medieval vine with pickaxes? just a thought or suggestion, give us something brighter and more modern, like a nano-lamp that can cast light through blocks to show us things off to the side of the regular mineshaft.

Also you could easily bring temperature back, just make two new monster drops ie. alien fat for fighting cold, and if you have a syringe you can also collect alien blood for fight against heat, and give the tech menu for the body an injection option where you can inject different amounts of fat to fight against cold and blood to fight against heat, and have the fat and blood degrade over time so that its essentially a potion effect sort of thing.

MutatedAlien and Caelorum like this.
  11. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

I still think they should have hot/cold meter, just not on the average planet.
    Ice planets and lava planets should not be acessable until you have the proper gear.

12. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Will this particular aspect take into account those of us who might consider Homeworlding an Asteroid Field &/or a Moon?

Vinely, Zael, guyverlord and 2 others like this.
  13. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

And on that note, I also think we gain access to the breathing apparatus way too quickly.

Anton8000, MutatedAlien and Blitz7737 like this.
  14. Squidbit

Squidbit Void-Bound Voyager

I use a plasma rifle that has sticky bullets to light up my caves. They cast a lot more light into the walls than torches do, and it's way easier to light up a bigger area faster, or out of reach areas to see exactly what you're about to leap of faith into.

I'd really like something like that, but adjusted to exclusively be a light source launcher instead of a weapon.

15. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

That would also mean that if there's ever racial armour bonuses, the planned Hylotl armour bonus would be largely redundant after getting that nanoskin.
    That light rig tech was a good Idea, but they'd need to cast a much stronger light and be accessible early on to serve those purposes.

16. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

With all due respect, some of us LIKE Moon/Asteroid kinda Biomes, & I for one like being able to explore them already. Places like those are even my idea of a good place to live. :lolwut: (I'm still thinking Asteroid Field cause it's like a Barren Planet kinda place to build huge... except more exotic. If I ever happened on a Tiny Size Cobalt Blue colored Moon though... :love:)

Fair point. Minecraft Tekkit Mod distinguishes between 'Underwater Breathing' & 'Space Breathing' in its implementation of stuff... Starbound might have to do similar to avoid Hylotl Racial Armor being gimp. Frankly, there really IS a difference between no atmosphere & tons of liquid trying to drown ya, I dunno if devising one single way of breathing in both circumstances at the same time really is that doable... one would think heavy liquid pressure & lack of atmosphere would require 2 different strategies.

17. So far I'm finding the new patch to be thoroughly enjoyable. My one minor gripe is the fact that I'm stuck with a Novakid Train ship. I don't really like the design and aesthetic. I'm really hoping they implement something to let you swap ship designs soon.

Otherwise, it's great to see this level of progress ^^

DoctorShaggy and Esahc_ like this.
  18. Esahc_

Esahc_ Cosmic Narwhal

I'm really glad you guys are adding a reason to settle on planets and the ability to teleport instantly to bases instead of having to go to the planet and either hope your base is right on the spawn or travel to wherever it is. I really like the idea of creating bases but I also felt like I was handicapping myself when I did so.

19. Dinoyipi

Dinoyipi Big Damn Hero

I get the feeling this will come up sooner or later in this thread, so I'll try and probably fail to put it to rest immediately:

Note that Tiy says that the issues will be addressed for 1.0. Which is not the same as the upcoming "Winter update". So we shouldn't necessarily expect planet bookmarks or a revamped hunger system when the update hits Stable later this month.

poboy, FelixFB, Type1Ninja and 14 others like this.
  20. bbq1040

bbq1040 Big Damn Hero

Get everything ready for the stable build right now. Please and thank you :)