One year later...

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2014.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

One year later...

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Happy birthday Starbound! :party:
    May you be released as soon as the devs could release you >w<

3. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Celebrate by pushing to Stable what you have so far? We've been waiting patiently...

4. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Did you even read the post?

Jonesy, Zael, willpill35 and 8 others like this.
  5. bbq1040

bbq1040 Big Damn Hero

Take cover! Incoming questions about the date of the stable release!

6. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I'd say it is quite a bit that has changed. I am one that has kept up with the changes, and was still nice to read the list done on the history page.

Really good year, at least I think so. Always note you can't have the good without the bad, as those work in unison and how we learn in the first place. So it has been quite a bit of progress to add the details well needed in the game or well getting even closer to what was envisioned by the devs, with a little insight from the community. I like that which has brought us here a year later.

Still a ways to go I would think, but nice to hear soon I will get to play and mess around with a built with what they have in mind. Soon being arbitrary I think... After all it will be released when it is ready.:)

Titanium, JoeBlk, common and 2 others like this.
  7. Davidius

Davidius Void-Bound Voyager

Here's to several more years of gamelife ,development , community support and fanbase. Happy birthday Starbound!

Jonesy, Zael, Tamorr and 7 others like this.
  8. Indeec, 1 year. There's still some areas where developers should see amazing potential that is being wasted.

This is also the birthday of iLoveBacons Starbound Server. Born the same day Starbound did! At the end... next update is indeed unstable, then unstable >stable? Feels more legit, otherwise it would break just too much.

Also wondering about those boats being one actual placeable thing or just a tech...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  9. Maxiplayer

Maxiplayer Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]
    One year of hard work, of happiness, of waiting. Happy birthday Starbound

dtanotrew, Jonesy, JoeBlk and 2 others like this.
  10. drakd

drakd Void-Bound Voyager

Was hoping for more information, but oh well. happy anniversary, congrats on all your success.

Exxil3d, JoeBlk and neil_v like this.
  11. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Congrats, Happy Holiversary, and stuff. Oh, and keep up the good work!

JoeBlk and DrVoodoo like this.
  12. LethalShade

LethalShade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Happy birthday Starbound!

13. Chaines

Chaines Scruffy Nerf-Herder

One year later, i completely forgot this game. I bought it age ago and was since desabused. Thanks for wasting my money

Tirilka, Driko, Johan and 4 others like this.
  14. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

D'aww, thanks for the wiki-love @mollygos . Like she said, most of the changes are documented on the wiki, but there are still a few big things missing (and a number of little things). Most notably;
    • MAJOR Progression overhaul (armor, food, tech, crafting, farming)
    • Tons of engine changes
    • New Foods/Cooking Progression
    • New Tech
    • Mission Details/New Quests
    Mostly new stuff and WIP features. The entire list there is publically editable, so if anyone feels so inclined to add something they notice is missing feel free!!

15. Mystify

Mystify Void-Bound Voyager

Happy birthday. That changelog is impressive to skim through

16. Shakaron

Shakaron Void-Bound Voyager

But where is the birthday cake???

willpill35 and DrVoodoo like this.
  17. Camshaft

Camshaft Phantasmal Quasar

happy birthday but when come the update for the normal user? after another 8 months?

Driko, enderpony, Exxil3d and 8 others like this.
  18. Gacut

Gacut Orbital Explorer

Neat and all, but how it is with the stability of the new update? I just want to know, if it's going to run on my computer like it supose to. Without low fps problems.

19. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

Yay, can't wait for the new patch gonna be so AWESOME i want to build things again without fear of total loss!

So excited to get back into the game once the 1.0 stable update drops :rofl: :lickitung:

20. Captain Rage

Captain Rage Phantasmal Quasar

And not a day too late! I still won't be able to play until the Chrismas holiday, so take your time. Oh, what Christmas holiday it's going to be. :D

JoeBlk, SeaMichelle and DrVoodoo like this.