November 10th - Swamp Things

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Supernorn

Supernorn Starbound Artist and Parallax Pixel Pusher Chucklefish

Supernorn submitted a new blog post:

November 10th - Swamp Things

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  2. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

That giant tree *W*

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Aaand I just had a flashback to earlier today.

Keep up the good work, you guys. Here's to another ten pages of futile crosstalk and misunderstanding!

4. Starbug

Starbug Guest

I don't think that a small swamp biome dev blog is going to keep the critics at bayou.

This thread will just end up bogged down.

5. GorunNova

GorunNova Pangalactic Porcupine

SWAMPS!? You're adding SWAMPS to this GAAAAAME!?! I'm gonna quit it NOW, never playin' again!

... heh, right. Nice new sub-biome is nice. ^^

Tamorr and Kawa like this.
  6. I hope the developers understand something they need to do that is add scripted content to specific biomes like Terraria does, but, mix it with randomly generated content.
    Specially on the Monsters you encounter on the planets, even they being different, when it comes to make sense on the planet biome, it's where it fails.

So the biome itself being nicely done, etc.. isn't enough if you don't make more scripted content for monsters on such biomes. Unique stuff with unique behaviors tied to specific biomes / sub-biomes would be amazing.

Beatrice, Madzai, Ado and 7 others like this.
  7. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

I expect to see all sorts of THINGS added, please and thank you ;)

[​IMG]

8. 0243

0243 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Great. Would be even better if nightly version at least could be launched.

9. Entomoligist

Entomoligist Big Damn Hero

If there's anything to say here, its the work Chucklefish is putting into this game.
    I honestly didn't expect all of the extra details.
    I cannot even explain how much I appreciate the work being done. The work and dedication on ONE planet is probably equal to a whole 3/4 that other game developers put into their games. :)

10. Supernorn

[​IMG]

11. Cam

Cam Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i have some bugs from nightly for you to fix if you didn't find them

- flying to a arctic planet causes the ship to get stuck in a infinite flying loop
    - the lantern stick doesn't light up
    - the oxygen tank you get for the alien meat quest doesn't work (you run out of air on moons)
    - Asteroid fields are empty levels
    [DOUBLEPOST=1415651194][/DOUBLEPOST]

i have some bugs from nightly for you guys to fix if you didn't find them yet

- flying to a arctic planet causes the ship to get stuck in a infinite flying loop
    - the lantern stick doesn't light up
    - the oxygen tank you get for the alien meat quest doesn't work (you run out of air on moons)
    - Asteroid fields are empty levels

12. Supernorn

Thanks for these! There's bound to be plenty of things wrong/buggy with Tier 2 but we're going to be going through it very shortly.

As for the lantern stick, I believe that's already fixed. It should be working (with directional point light!) once the new build goes up.

Maxwell Demonic and Kawa like this.
  13. Percival

Percival Phantasmal Quasar

Can we get a Weeping Willow too? Maybe?

14. MOAR BIOMES!

Seriously, I'm really enjoying the effort being put into biomic-diversity.

15. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Looking good.
    Hopefully they make the Swamp biome planets "darker" "low light" environments. Considering swamps are generally darker scarier places.

Naun likes this.
  16. MutatedAlien

MutatedAlien Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yay swamp biome! but now in all seriously talk about specifying alien body-parts so that the aliens that spawn in certain biomes actually look like they belong? Having bright green predators on a snow planet just dosent seem phesable, could this be a thing in the future? btw great work on the swamp!

17. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Ah, this is the kinda stuff I'm in for. The grander variety of biome dropped into the game, the better.

And this feels like the kinda thing they can KEEP adding well after "1.0". I mean, it's not like anyone's gonna run out of universe to explore anytime soon.

I looks forward to "cyberformed" biomes or planets that're all metal (I wants my Cybertron), glassworlds, and more oddities.

Runetora, Ravager, rhomboid and 4 others like this.
  18. Treldent02

Treldent02 Orbital Explorer

The bottom of the swampy tree reminds me of Cthulu's face...Yeah

19. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

WildSwamp things, you make my heart sing
    You make everything groovy, wildSwamp things

With that aside, I look forward to slinging mud at random hylotls and/or various natives!

Starbug likes this.
  20. Dino_Disco

Dino_Disco Void-Bound Voyager

Do you have any ideas as for when the regular non-nightly stuff will be updated?