September 19th - Welcome to my garden!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Armagon

Armagon Gameplay Design, Sound & Dungeon Guy Chucklefish

Armagon submitted a new blog post:

September 19th - Welcome to my garden!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Novakid entering a majestic courtyard garden, on an epic mission deeper into the sprawling castle...armed with a frying pan.

3. Love hearing that a stable update is coming. But again I have to ask... Has the Unstable branch been forgotten? Isn't that supposed to be your testing grounds for the builds? I've not even seen an Unstable branch update in months now...

4. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome guys, love to see work getting done. Can't wait for the next stable update. Any news on when Hylotl will see more content?

5. Cyrix

Cyrix Void-Bound Voyager

Please say that the Frying Pan is gonna be a racial weapon for the Novakids

Mimots and OmegaMinion like this.
  6. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Glitch stuff is the best.

OmegaMinion likes this.
  7. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

The unstable branch is essentially the stable staging area. We won't start updating unstable until we have a candidate stable build that we want to test out with a larger audience.

8. Imperial_Ranger

Imperial_Ranger Void-Bound Voyager

Yaaa 6th person to comment thats a new record for me. I know that Starbound has enough money and programmer to keep work for a long time, but how much of that would be real solid work. Don't get me wrong i think you guys are doing awesome work, but how long will that continue after 1.0 you have already said that more work will be done on the game but I'm just worried that it won't be noticeable after 1.0 comes out. But as always thanks for the update and i love what you people are doing for the game i have more than 300 hours on it.

9. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

They will realize that this is the Frying Pan of Justice, and they will feel ashamed.

10. PabloM

PabloM Pangalactic Porcupine

While I understand you don't want to give any specific dates for the Stable release, so as not to give any fodder to the "broken-promises" whiners, can you give any indication as to expected/anticipated time frames?

Days? Weeks? Months?

11. TheGlitchKing

TheGlitchKing Subatomic Cosmonaut

You said on this post "I've been sidetracked from the glitch mission"
    The glitch mission? there's only going to be one? Did you mean the glitch mission... that I'm working on at the moment? I really expected a lot of missions and that whole branching progression system you talked about, so if there's only one mission per race it'll be kind of disappointing.

12. TeddyBearYoshi

TeddyBearYoshi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Honestly I feel that nightly should just be unstable, because as it stands unstable isn't any less stable then stable. Nightly clearly fits that title. :p

13. lividust

lividust Starship Captain

can't wait to try the frying pan on some of those missions. i don't know about anyone else but i'm taking over that giant castle

14. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

All kidding aside like the look of the castle keep it up devz

15. MottSpott

MottSpott Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the update! Glad to see solidarity in the Starbound corner with all the poopy-poop-that-need-not-be-named flying around the vidgie game community right now.

Also, I've been abstaining from Starbound to make the big 1.0 feel even more special, but the work you've been doing has made that suuuuuper hard. Good job? Yes. Good job!!

16. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Out of the frying pan,

Into your face.

MysticMalevolence and Serenity like this.
  17. Cgeta

Cgeta Pangalactic Porcupine

Oooh, you can now place trees infront of background walls in dungeons!

Before then they just removed the wall and made holes

Serenity likes this.
  18. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

Looks beautiful, and I enjoy hearing about the Glitch getting so much love this early into the mission development process.

One thing that I've been curious about, as a player who doesn't indulge in the nightlies... do all the scripted missions take place on specific planets, or are they like other dungeons which have a chance of randomly spawning, provided the proper requirements are met?

19. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

FRYING PANS CONFIRMED

Mimots, Jonesy and Serenity like this.
  20. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

And NovaKid holding it? He can fry someone with that!

Feathery Dust likes this.