3rd September - Chucklefish Blog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 4, 2014.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

3rd September - Chucklefish Blog

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

You guys really need to think of a better name for the pirate game. ?????? doesn't really cut it.

3. ThaOneDon

ThaOneDon Parsec Taste Tester

Powder Parrot

4. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

5. Tarsen

Tarsen Void-Bound Voyager

biome tree and tech tree diagrams lookin good.

so stable release hopefully by the end of the year eh?

well, least we can be pretty sure that it wont happen in october, which is where every game i want this year is being released, for some bizarre reason.

jamstronaut likes this.
  6. LimpPimp

LimpPimp Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome!

7. Arkitech

Arkitech Pangalactic Porcupine

Yikes, looks like 1.0 may not be released until next year.

8. Zael

Zael Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry I ever doubted your pirate game. *sold on the first mini-banner*

mollygos likes this.
  9. Tiev

Tiev Subatomic Cosmonaut

So no renting/farming progression system in 1.0? *sadface*

10. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Awesome to know this!
    However. It's not really a spoiler. This would be like me telling you that terraria has you craft a titanium furnace before you can smelt titanium or that you kill the Wall of Flesh to enter HardMode. It's not really a spoiler.

11. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Well that is a fairly big to do list....

Good to see a general idea of what you guys want completed for 1.0

If you gave that info to someone who didn't know and didn't want to know of course it's a spoiler.

Tamorr likes this.
  12. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Where's our farming and food update there? We could have started a Monsanto-esque produce peddling scheme on Starbound, as in a Refinery for cooked food!

cacaudomal, Sasquas and BrakSampson like this.
  13. Ixmore

Ixmore Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's either already finished or they decided to scrape the idea.

14. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

If you implemented an item that allows for refrigeration, there wouldn't be nearly as much spoilage in those diagrams or the game.

Seems like a decent idea to centralize CF news into a single location, but it does seem that you have a lot of different channels open, each getting some different information. Maybe a few replies on Steam forums, maybe a couple AMAs on reddit, a couple posts here, etc. Is there any thought to just have all downstream forums / communities be linked to the upstream CF blog?

cacaudomal likes this.
  15. Good to see you guys finally got a separate blog up for news on the other games you're publishing/general news. Should quell down the backlash people tend to give when you post non-SB-related news here. >w>;

Also, thanks for giving us a status report on where you guys are atm in terms of finishing the update. Seems like a long ways off, but the upcoming features I greatly look forward to.

16. BrakSampson

BrakSampson Big Damn Hero

Can we get an estimate on the next stable build sometime soon, please?

jamstronaut likes this.
  17. Flannicus90

Flannicus90 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Brak, Tiy mentioned in the blog post that they're "going to be releasing a stable update once the tech tree can be progressed through from start to finish." Although this is not a specific date, it is a rough estimate of when the stable build will be available. From their perspective, they might not be comfortable with releasing a static date given the amount of things that can change from time x to time y. If they release a date, people start taking it as something writ in stone, and if its missed, there will be much backlash.

tl;dr: They released a timetable for stable, but in regards to feature completion, not the calendar.
    Have a splendid day! :cake:

18. SupertankerZambda

SupertankerZambda Void-Bound Voyager

This stuff is shaping up nicely. I'm hoping it's done by the end of the year, but if not, hey I've waited this long. A few more months really isn't anything. Also, I'm going to try and refrain from reading any spoilers. I want it to feel like I'm experiencing the game for the first time again.

19. jpmrocks

jpmrocks Phantasmal Quasar

I love the blog!

20. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

Thats really interesting.

Nice touch the clouds in the diagrams. Makes the boxes easier to see and read.