July 4 - Reworked Human Armours

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Supernorn

Supernorn Starbound Artist and Parallax Pixel Pusher Chucklefish

Supernorn submitted a new blog post:

July 4 - Reworked Human Armours

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

karinca, Serenity, Tamorr and 19 others like this.
  2. Oh no. This is now competing with the defense turret changes for my favorite upcoming feature. How will I decide now!?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    Jonesy, bayley, Serenity and 2 others like this.
  3. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Looks great and i really like the "more militarised look". :)

Serenity, Aldrin and crazysanta123 like this.
  4. SteelSoldier

SteelSoldier Existential Complex

Militarized makes a lot of sense, probably the majority of humanity was forced into becoming a soldier in order to try and stop the tentacles, unfortunately it wasn´t enough.

5. Prop

Prop Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like this new armor, it makes sense for military armor to be military armor and not... whatever the hell the current armor is.

6. THE_____

THE_____ Phantasmal Quasar

I have only one thing to say...awesome.

7. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Looks like some good looking changes!

8. squirrel_killer-

squirrel_killer- Sandwich Man

I would like to see some reworking on the glitch armour armour as well. It, IDK is just plain weird. I wear cosmetics to avoid seeing myself wearing glitch armour. I get its supposed to be medieval... but... no. Just no.

The human looks great BTW.

9. Carryall

Carryall Big Damn Hero

Game Over, MAN! Game Over!

On a side note:

Though I love the armor inspired by 90's science fiction films (they will always have a place in our nerdy little hearts), perhaps there should be a gradual progression to the space armor? My question is, how do you visualize progression from our current z2 space suit to your modified t45d powersuit inspired space suit? Appreciate the concept so far though.

Hatsya Souji and Izzabelle like this.
  10. Alphabet

Alphabet Poptop Tamer

I love the new human armours and the military resemblance is nice and new. Though this is an interesting addition, I would also appreciate changes to the other races' armours, such as the Floran. Keep it up everyone and continue fulfilling our high expectations.

11. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Personally i don't like the extra pairs of eyes. They do look a lot better with this mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/glitch-armor-fewer-eyes.335/
    Even i don't play a glitch, i use it - in case i encounter a glitch npc... ;)

12. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Lookin nice,hope to get some of those for my Floran!

13. Hwo Thumb

Hwo Thumb Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Guy on the far left is clearly Malcolm Reynolds.

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

[​IMG]
    I dunno... does this seem right to you?

linkthegamer likes this.
  15. TheFudgement

TheFudgement Ketchup Robot

2nd tier looks very nice. Not too heavy.

16. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

They look good - though not a fan of the all blue one.
    I would think it would look something better in a Night black and dark blue.

[​IMG]

17. hiul

hiul Void-Bound Voyager

i like the human new armour will the other race get reworked armour appearance too? if it is i suggest to add this armor for hylotl if its not against the rule
    it was base from design hiraki coral event creat by Lucid_Dakou
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

because i think this armor more suit for futuristic armor for hylotl but still look asian and badassjust need to polish it and make it base of char body and the helmet
    and i actualy like glitch armour it suit with the medieval knight but if it got change too i hope its still look badass ;)
    i just realise the new female human armour now don't show up the boob :p look more like real life armour

18. Aey

Aey Pangalactic Porcupine

The blue one, the helmet looks a bit too forward to the chest. BAD POSTURE. :mad:

upload_2014-7-4_11-36-13.jpeg

19. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix Void-Bound Voyager

That's a shame. I was hoping for updates to move player humans away from being part of the human military. The currently existing content containing npcs of the human military faction paint them in a negative light. To be playing as a character who, through the examine descriptions, is shown to be very nostalgic and proud of them... it removed my interest in playing as a human character.

Thundercraft likes this.
  20. Cmiller

Cmiller Void-Bound Voyager

Big improvement over the current armor sets. Thanks.