Nightly builds are live!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jun 16, 2014.

1. NOTICE: Please refer to the Nightly Builds Support section of our forum for technical support concerning the nightly builds.

mollygos submitted a new blog post:

Nightly builds are live!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
    TurboEryx, Harakhti, Setsy and 15 others like this.
  2. Ceridran

Ceridran Big Damn Hero

Molly's said it, but I'm fairly sure someone's going to complain that it wasn't said-- Back up your save files before trying the nightly build. This can't be emphasized enough.

3. jibbi

jibbi Title Not Found

I dont think i will follow the nightly updates personally, but i think its a cool way for the people that cant get enough starbound action.
    Hopefully the next real update wont take too long. :)

4. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Also, because we're currently working on progression. The very first thing you'll probably notice is that your ship is damaged and the fuel system doesn't work (sparks flying out of it). The only way to currently fix the ship is through admin commands so unless you know them you'll be stranded. This is *really* for people that want to see progress + modders. You have been warned!

Harakhti, Setsy, Dagorran and 11 others like this.
  5. morebits

morebits Space Hobo

Thanks for the update guys!
    I'm thinking that it might be a good idea, to start a youtube channel showing your progress!
    That way people can see the progress without having to get the nightly, it would also be great evidence
    that progress IS been made!

Peter Molyeneux and Jack do it for Godus!

6. Pinocchio

Pinocchio Subatomic Cosmonaut

first time that starbound doent work at all/after "launch starbound" with open gl and without..... gonna try reinstall first

someguy616 likes this.
  7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Well. Even though you warned them.
    I brought my popcorn and am ready for the show.:up:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    Setsy, Dr. Higeki, Kajima and 7 others like this.
  8. krynis

krynis Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way to run both the Nightly and Normal builds separately?

9. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Phantasmal Quasar

I think I'll refrain from running the Nightly builds. They sound too risky. I think I'll just wait for the next update.

10. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

I need a 10ft pole to touch this thing with, or maybe nah.... :cautious:

11. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP.

I give it 30 minutes. Just 30.

This is something a lot of people have been looking forward to for a long time, so...let's see uncut, raw, hardcore early-beta action. I wanna see what people do when the patch isn't polished and girlied up.

Dr. Higeki, Zouleena and Tamorr like this.
  12. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

How would you recommend going about backing up worlds you want to save for if you want to go back to the normal build? Just copying the worlds folder somewhere?

Lady Lurkin likes this.
  13. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Dear Devs:
    Are you planning on implementing any form of launcher? I might try creating a launcher for now. It probably won't work, because I basically know how to make a calculator and that's it... But I will try! I will be back soon! (Or in a month. :p)

14. Pinocchio

Pinocchio Subatomic Cosmonaut

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the app's support team for more information.

If thats a easy to fix thing by changing my settings pls let me know

15. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

It's a nightly build which is advertised as "probably broken". Just wait until the next day and see if they've fixed it, if you can't play at all.

16. Silvador

Silvador Phantasmal Quasar

I'd like to know this as well.

17. Kingpwn

Kingpwn Big Damn Hero

It's about to get heated in here. I'll go start the firetruck.

Sokina likes this.
  18. *Hides in his QQ-resistant bunker*

Setsy, Titanium and Silvador like this.
  19. SssiltSsstrider

SssiltSsstrider Title Not Found

why a firetruck? its going to be a down-right war- you should have called a "Waah!-mbulance" for all the butthurt that will occur when it goes down

20. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Not currently, unless someone has made a multi-starbound launcher. I'm working on one now, but chances are at... 30% that it will work. That's about how many of my programs haven't suddenly been faced with massive unsurmountable roadblocks of my ignorance of how to java.