Starbound Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

mollygos submitted a new blog post:

Starbound Progress

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  2. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Okay, so I get it that you guys are moving. I don't belong to the part of community, that constantly whines about the lack of updates. I know you are working hard and had something more important to do. But hey, you're missing an opportunity to speed up your development! Look on all mods people made for this game. While you're working on main aspects of Starbound, people are making more stuff for this game! Why not just take what they did and add it to the game right away? This would lead to a) bigger updates->more happy people, b) happy modders and c) less worries about the contents, knowing that players would have enough stuff to play with.
    You've got a whole world community helping you! Ain't this nice? :3

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
  3. restredainted

restredainted Phantasmal Quasar

Good luck with the final movements, nice to have an awesome dev team working in my timezone :D

4. Kokiris

Kokiris Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the news Tyi ! :)

Serenity and Edward Eldritch like this.
  5. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

I think a mod needs to move the posts from the first thread over here

The problem with that is once again the community who then would accuse CF of being lazy for implementing mods that someone else worked on.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
  6. EmGeHo

EmGeHo Cosmic Narwhal

I hope ocean planets aren't too far down the road, got some crazy high hopes for'em!

7. Psycho Hyena

Psycho Hyena Phantasmal Quasar

So you recognise they'll complain either way but you changed your behaviour? Why? You've got the numbers, you can estimate at least most of the people complaining probably haven't played in months anyway. Now that modding can handle the incremental updates happily enough the only real complaint about delivering the THICK AND FAST is just the usual contrarian bullshit.

8. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

How are ships coming along? Can we have a teaser, c'mon Tiy!

Scarletting likes this.
  9. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Why just include, when they can also improve it in the way they want it to be?

10. willpill35

willpill35 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Honestly this is the kind of information i love. Makes me happy to see what your working on major core aspects of the game wile also trying to get out little updates. I know personally i'm really looking forward to being able to upgrade my ship in the base game instead of updating my mods for them every time there is a update. Having more room to grow my crops on my ship will be very nice.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    charity236, ericbab, Titanium and 4 others like this.
  11. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

Keep up the good work Chucklefish.

skudinja, Serenity and Windcaller like this.
  12. Xary

Xary Big Damn Hero

TL;DR version

Community's being a bunch of whiny asses

but more seriously its a recurring theme with early access programs in general that a majority of people who buy it don't realise the game is NOT COMPLETE and it can take up to a full year (or even more) to finish even though you bought yadi yada....

Waiting isn't fun ?

True

But would you rather wait and have the game live up to its promises or NOT wait and the game be a glitchy and buggy mess ?

Because I tell you the later happened to me and BOY I was not a happy camper because of it

13. SpaceBadger

SpaceBadger Void-Bound Voyager

When an Update comes I'll be waiting to play the update with joy. I can only imagine the kind of strain moving to an office can be but also that the efficiency will skyrocket with everyone in one location.

Colaymorak and Windcaller like this.
  14. springly

springly Astral Cartographer

People are such incredible whiners! Keep doing what you're doing, it's great. The rate of updates early on was absurdly high anyway, no one over the age of 12 believes you guys should burn out trying to push ridiculously fast updates. Take it slow and do it right, we like the game already.

15. Quizok

Quizok Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think big and slower updates are fine as long as they are constant, which apparently will be the case from now on after they settle in the office. Thanks and GL to the team.

16. bbq1040

bbq1040 Big Damn Hero

Ha. I love this post. People wanting the best of both worlds are so annoying. They want great games but they want them tos take no time. Im so glad they got called out, but in such a nice way they cant make it something elae to complain about. Cant wait for the big updates :) keep up the good work.

17. Nimeni

Nimeni Big Damn Hero

Thanks about letting us know, the community, what's going on.

18. Stormalisk

Stormalisk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

We need quite alot of cheese for all the whine that has been going around lately. It seems like no matter what you do people just find a reason to complain...

I do however support the larger updates, while they may take longer, they will definitely give us alot more too play with. I am excited for this ship/navigation update, keep up the excellent work CF.

19. LimpPimp

LimpPimp Void-Bound Voyager

Forget the whiners and the critics, do it your way. It will still be the best game ever!
    I donĀ“t mind waiting for updates.

I love you all! :love:

Sylosis, argos498, SmugFrog and 9 others like this.
  20. Liacu

Liacu Void-Bound Voyager

Devs, please do whatever you want and ignore the community. All they do is complain ._.

This is why we can't have nice things.

DBeslan, H2SJaeger, argos498 and 19 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.