The future of Chucklefish and Starbound

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

mollygos submitted a new blog post:

The future of Chucklefish and Starbound

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
  2. Nice to known, ambitions objectives but time is the key to get one awesome game going. :D

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  3. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

A little different than I was expecting, but AWESOME nonetheless!

Tiy, what about the AMA?

4. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Thanks for a nice story :3

dogs at war and Svarr Chanston like this.
  5. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

So....when does the beta come out for this new game :D

6. restredainted

restredainted Phantasmal Quasar

Looking forward to Director mode, I quite like admining servers :3

7. Sounds good to me.
    Thanks for an update =)
    Good job everyone!
    [​IMG]

Bacon543210, kellbyb, MaZa and 34 others like this.
  8. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Whoah, impressive!

Anyways, one question that REALLY burdens me: Will there be any modding tools? You know, something that allows to edit stuff more comfortably than by messing with file placement and notepad, worrying whole thing won't work due to a single typo.

9. Izzo

Izzo Void-Bound Voyager

Very very cool. Thanks for the information and I look forward to both the future of this game, and future releases from Chucklefish. Congrats on all your success guys! You deserve it!

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  10. Disig

Disig Pangalactic Porcupine

This game is going to be SO COOL when it is officially released! I'm so excited and happy to be a part of this development process ^.^ My husband and I just bought 4 copies for friends as well! Oh I so cannot wait for director mode!!!!

You guys rock! Keep it up!

Hashpike, AIex, tboy21 and 4 others like this.
  11. doubtful

doubtful Void-Bound Voyager

Sounds awesome, Tiy!

I'm really happy for you and the rest of the Chucklefish team. :)

These are exciting times for indie games (and indie gamers), and it's awesome to see people like you guys helping spearhead this new Renaissance of gaming. I think what you guys are doing for other indie developers, publishing-wise, is fantastic.

Don't let the Starbound community's gripes and grumblings get you down. I know it can be frustrating when there's this cacophony of complaints and bug reports and requests flying at you 24/7 from all directions, but it's only because they (we) love you guys and we love what you are creating! :)

I'm super excited about where this game (and this company) is headed. No matter what else happens, you guys have left an indelible mark on gaming forever. :)

12. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Pixels to have access to the quest....

Okay, thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard! I'm sorry, I usually agree, but thats just cheap progression right there.

And while it does feel like a grind right now, and you say we will have more ways to get pixels in the future, I seriously doubt it will be balanced. Normal gamers try to find the quickest, and easiest way to obtain pixels or means to progress. The easiest way to get gold in Terraria was to make a gold-fish farm, but you never NEEDED gold.

I knew I'd be disappointed in something...
    O well, *continues reading for the goodies, moddies, and other stuffies*

Edit: I like the Mission Map idea.... (In other words custom maps)

13. SnakeX

SnakeX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great stuff, really looking forward to seeing the game evolve further with all those plans! Organizations and their accompanying spaceships is something I'm particularly looking forward to.

And congratulations on the office and new project! :up:

14. themightyadam

themightyadam Void-Bound Voyager

Amazing, guys. truly amazing.

15. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

Most of it sounds great, though I'm a bit worried about the proposed progression changes. I like the current system where you have to gather specific materials in order to summon the boss. Just collecting pixels for each tier seems rather dull. I do like the other changes though.

It sounds like there's a lot of work left to do though, I hope the final release isn't too far away.

16. Gene

Gene Phantasmal Quasar

Congratulations on reaching the point where Starbound is at, and looking forward to great things to come.

The future starts now.

17. Nantes

Nantes Void-Bound Voyager

My thoughts too.

18. 64legos

64legos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm really looking forward to all these new ways of collecting pixels. This will make building so much easier!

19. Fiben Bolger

Fiben Bolger Pangalactic Porcupine

I actually got a bit of a chill reading that. If they're able to implement and integrate all that magnificent and glorious crap, it's going to be quite the unique experience.

Luay and LostCraftGhost like this.
  20. MrLevi

MrLevi Phantasmal Quasar

Sounds awesome. Glad the current tier system is temporary. It all sounds a bit ambitious though, haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.