1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue 64bit will not launch

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by narayanjr, Apr 21, 2017.

1. narayanjr

narayanjr Big Damn Hero

System:
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Version: 1607
    OS Build: 14393.1066

Intel Core i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
    SLI 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M running Driver: 378.92

The game will launch if I start it in 32 bit mode from steam or from the folder. The game will not launch in 64 bit from Steam or the folder.

I click Play, steam says "Preparing to launch" then I get set active in steam as if the game is running. No window opens and after about 3 seconds I hear the windows error sound and Steam stops saying I am playing Starbound.
    The starbound.exe process does appear in the task manager during this but no game window opens and no error message is displayed. I just get the windows error sound when it dies.

I have tried Steam integrity check and it says all is good.
    I have reinstalled the game which had no effect.
    I tried the newest Nvidia driver which didnt work, then I rolled back to 378.92 because several people said that helped them, but did nothing for me.

Windows Event log,
    Faulting application name: starbound.exe, version: 0.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x58b0519d
    Faulting module name: starbound.exe, version: 0.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x58b0519d
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000cfb44
    Faulting process id: 0xcdc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2bad1b85d9d0b
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win64\starbound.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win64\starbound.exe
    Report Id: cb9f5a05-1c9b-4428-bd0f-7dae47e036aa
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Attached Files:

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

there was something here, then i realized i didn't finish reading what i based it off of. brbi was right on part b. not enough allocated memory, Java throws an error., doesn't let the startup stack write, game fails to load. get Java 64 bit

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

@NexusTheBrony
    A crash related to ram issues causes a total different output. Also 2GB of vram and 16GB of ram are more than enough though.

@narayanjr
    Update your Nvidia driver. Current version is 381.65

~ Iris ~

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

i fixed mine. i didn't finish reading the thing i was basing off of

5. Iris Blanche

Starbound doesn't and never even used the JVM o_O

~ Iris ~

6. narayanjr

narayanjr Big Damn Hero

I tried it on 381.65 first before downgrading, but I have now installed the update again and it doesnt fix the issue sadly.

7. Iris Blanche

Try updating to the Win 10 creators update then. It runs fine for me with the latest nvidia driver.

~ Iris ~

8. narayanjr

narayanjr Big Damn Hero

I updated to Version 1703, OS Build 15063. I still suffer from the exact same issue. Any other ideas by chance?