1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

^^

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BitHorizon, Dec 14, 2013.

1. BitHorizon

BitHorizon Ketchup Robot

For any of you who didn't know, using the arrow keys makes your character do emotions (Up for happy, down for crying, left for - _ -, right for angry). While most races for the happy emote just smile, glitches use their eye-lights to make a "^^" shape on their face. However, because glitches only have a one pixel high eye space, it comes out looking like they have three one pixel eyes.

LastDay and Justanzo like this.
  2. Justanzo

Justanzo Cosmic Narwhal

Mind = Blown

I have to try this out right now. Thanks for sharing.

3. BitHorizon

BitHorizon Ketchup Robot

This is a major game breaking issue that must be seen! Bump!

4. LegendOfSen

LegendOfSen Phantasmal Quasar

Wow, nice find. I didn't know you could do that

5. Omegnarok

Omegnarok Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They are also linked to chat emoticons

6. I always noticed the glitches happy emote looked really weird, this totally makes sense I didn't know it was supposed to look like ^^

7. BitHorizon

BitHorizon Ketchup Robot

If you put the Snow Infantry helmet on, you can see your eyes properly as a glitch, as they make your head "Flat".

DotBeta likes this.
  8. R4zgriz

R4zgriz Space Spelunker

I know that about emotions, I use glitches since last wipe and before, but i did´t notice emotions on arrows till last update. I always thought it was an "10" (just like binary code 101010100100110101001010101), did´t even noticed that was trying to be an ^^, always thought it was a binary code in his "led eyes".
    Coll you´re shareing this.

:)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  9. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Whoa! Nice find! :)
    I know that typing some smilies in chat makes your character's facial expressions change, but I had no idea about the arrow keys!

10. tre288

tre288 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I found this by mistake when I first played the game when I tried seeing if arrow keys could be used for movement. I thought this was already a well known thing xD