Dev Blog 4th July - Where the Fluffalo Roam

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Son0fgrim

Son0fgrim Spaceman Spiff

So Chuckle Fish Is Eager Too hack saw off one of the Communities arms and legs just so they can make the core look "prettier"

I feel so valued.

2. ilya39

ilya39 Subatomic Cosmonaut

That's probably the first time i've seen two nightly updates a day, and only after that i've realized that right now nightly and unstable - the exact same version. So... we're in unstable already with next update? That's, probably, 1.0? And still no changes related to hotbar topic?...

Chris1488 likes this.
  3. Chris1488

Chris1488 Phantasmal Quasar

Ikr? They haven't said anything past "We don't know yet." I'd like to hear their stance regarding the hotbar now... Let's keep it in one topic for now though. ;^)

4. Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

So you want to play a broken feature so people can ride CF's arse about it cause you know that's what will happen if they release something broken. I've played games where things are broken and it was a pain in the ass so I left. Starbound has been in early access for what 2 1/2 years now they can't afford to release a half-assed feature after having players wait so long for official release. They could also push the release date back AGAIN but I have a feeling if people's fillies frillies are in knot now this would just make them go ballistic. I think they made the right choice and hope it won't take long to fix the chat problem once 1.0 drops.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

...I'm sorry but did you mean "frillies" cos holy shit that mental image :nuruawe:

Jonesy and Sh4dowWalker96 like this.
  6. Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

Dammit yep that's what I get for using auto correct.

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Y'know, that doesn't help with the mental image very much.

Avarwen likes this.
  8. deltaluan27

deltaluan27 Space Hobo

Hello , I'm not able to play the game "starbound (nightly)"

Every time I get up and try to talk to the robo he tells me :

" No mission co -ordinates Currently available "

So I can not do anything :nurusad:

9. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

The nightly version actually needed a mod to access the current missions.

I'd say wait for the coming days because apparently the nightly content just hit the "Unstable" build and a developer stream on Twitch is planned for Friday.

deltaluan27 likes this.
  10. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

so... unstable has been pushed... Hmm... been sitting on nightly for a bit.... >< Didn't realize. That is good to hear I'll have to revert back then. :nurutease:

11. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

Tell me there's no universe or character wipes involved. I spent a lot of time on these characters and colonies, and I would hate it if I had to start over.

12. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Don't really know, but I imagine would be fine. Just means you have to probably go further out maybe? I'll find out soon as it is fully downloaded, since I do have an old giraffe character on the regular unstable...

As to the character, that would most likely be a no wipe sort of thing; it is just recommended to start anew. Mainly just to see the actual progression they have changed and story. Mainly just a few things in mechanics have changed, or well how questing and the progression system in general goes from here to there. Multiple routes though or ways to go about progression. Primarily the 3 they have been mentioning in the past. :)

You might however see a few generic items appear in inventory or storage though depending on what you collected. That is mainly the weapons department, as that has been reworked or tweaked is more like it.

I see if anything of that is the case, but not too worried myself, as I planned to start over anyway; however I can see the concern. Will see in a moment. :nurutease:

13. Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

There isn't, manually wiping them is highly recommended, but not strictly required.

Tamorr likes this.
  14. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I completely gutted my Floran's ship awaiting the new design, which is probably going to overwrite my current ship. I moved it all to a barren planet, along with a bunch of stuff I had stashed on an airless planet.

leinglo likes this.
  15. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

Smart. In fact it would probably be a good idea for everyone to move whatever they want to keep to a safe planetside bunker somewhere in preparation for 1.0.

16. jmw7777

jmw7777 Void-Bound Voyager

So, planet chat is dead... and not to be rude but... it's kinda... needed. And I know that like, it may be somewhat broken (I think, right?) but like... at least the top six multiplayer servers kinda like, needed that so...

Idk, maybe I'm being dumb but, it just seems like... idk

17. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

I dunno why but when I look at the mooshi I imagine when they get startled that they just start flapping there ears and start to fly away

leinglo and Kawa like this.
  18. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

Well, great. Now you got me thinking there needs to be a mod for a "wild mooshi" that uses the bird AI.

19. hirakhos

hirakhos Phantasmal Quasar

Considering you already have an amazing creature generating algorithm, don't you think it'd better to have random creatures be farmable and have some scanning method for figuring out what they give?
    I feel like a ton of people what that zoo and exotic animal experience, and it means farming players can still explore and find interesting farmable animals.
    Seems like such a waste to use pre-created farm animals with such an interesting random creature generator.

emeraldgreen72 likes this.
  20. 暴走的南瓜

暴走的南瓜 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this update's adorable, finanlly i can raise these cute creatures:kitten: