Dev Blog 4th July - Where the Fluffalo Roam

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Hey everyone! And Happy 4th of July, Americafriends!

The addition of Fluffalo has allowed for a reliable source of otherwise rare crafting materials in Starbound - plus, they're adorable! There's more work still to be done on balancing crafting, though, particularly in Survival Mode where food is essential. With that in mind, you can now tame chickens, robot chickens and Mooshi!

[​IMG]

You can purchase livestock at Terramart at the Outpost, but they won't start producing materials for you right away - you'll need keep them safe long enough for them to mature.
    Chickens will produce eggs, robot chickens produce batteries, and Mooshi produce milk!

[​IMG]

Also! Look out for a special Starbound stream on our Twitch channel this Friday at 5pm GMT.

'Til next time! <3

Attached Files:

2. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

I <3 the Mooshi's, the art and animation's sick!!

Type1Ninja likes this.
  3. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

You know, I stopped following Starbound a couple months ago; the blog posts detailed amazing stuff every time I checked, and I couldn't bring myself to play: If I waited just a little longer, I'd get to see all this exciting stuff in the next update. Coming back to the blog after all that time, I gotta say, you guys are still doing amazing things and I can't wait for 1.0. Keep it up!

(I'm still probably not going to play yet; I can't wait for *this* amazing stuff to be in stable. :p)

Side question: how do I change the theme back to the old dark one? I can't seem to find the option.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    PabloM and Zebe like this.
  4. Graham Gygax

Graham Gygax Void-Bound Voyager

Man love those farm animals, but i really want the chickens to be more wierd and alien half chicken half Xenomorph, or at least a little bigger.

5. Hmmmm

Wonder what will make it special. Perhaps an announcement? :illuminati:

6. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

Aw that Mooshi is adorable! Needs more variants, like the Fluffalo. Poison Mooshi: Soi Milk - Electric Mooshi: Soda - Fire Mooshi - Whiskey - Ice Mooshi: Milk-shake.
    :rofl: Also, still need space(ier) pigs! Could have different variety of bacon: strange bacon, static bacon, spicy bacon, chilling bacon.

Edit- ALSO Bull Mooshi should protect the herd and have a single horn like a majestic cow unicorn!

7. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Void-Bound Voyager

Come on guys, at this point the fluffalos are just begging to be made into plushies :3

8. RamsiC

RamsiC Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm really hoping this isn't the only batch of tameable husbandry animals we're being offered. I mean Chucklefish pushed in alongside Stardew Valley, if there aren't about 5-7 more animals we can work with I'm going to be severely upset.

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

10. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Can we have horse-like livestock? What about pigs?

11. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

I NEED a tiny space cow RIGHT NOW! :cry:<3

I can't wait to mod in more farm creatures when these guys hit the unstable and stable updates. I've been waiting for farm-able creatures for a while now! :love:

12. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

More farming things. Nice to see that getting some work and touchups. Keep it up. :nuruflirt:

Cpanel button at top:
    preferences will popup with window and should be a drop down I think at top labeled style. the old one is marked old, and what I have been using.

Type1Ninja and FearnWAZZA like this.
  13. Spiderslay3r

Spiderslay3r Star Wrangler

Cute, looking forward to the stream, maybe we can finally get some closure about a certain issue... ;)

FearnWAZZA likes this.
  14. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Robot Chicken you say?

[​IMG]

15. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

well, I'll be damned.

also YES YES YES YES YES YES YES I NEVER THOUGHT I WANTED TO SPEND A SANDBOX EXPLORATION GAME RAISING SPACE ANIMALS

16. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

Survival mode in it's current form is simply a system demanding constant (incessant) input to keep a bar full otherwise you drop you stuff and beam back to your ship.

It's really closer in design to Dance Dance Revolution than anything reminiscent of 'survival'. It's not immersive, it's not believable, it's not very interesting and only really detracts from the parts of the game that are.

Tiy, play UnReal World, discover how 'survival in a harsh environment' as a game mechanic can be implemented in a meaningful and (most importantly) FUN way. Otherwise, just scrap it (again).

17. jaymee_murder

Survivals good, the hunger makes sense and i like how you only drop some of your items plus i like how you cant beam up underground, thats immersive, what you talkin' bout :S Keep up the good work Chucklefish!! :D

Ralek and Ainzoal like this.
  18. TheCreeperCyborg

TheCreeperCyborg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

aaaaaaaamerica friends, is that you english folk's term for us?
    whaen doe this happen, is it an update, or is it something reserved 4 nightly and 1.0 and ur just teasing us

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2016
  19. jaymee_murder

I think being able to breed the livestock would be awesome :p

Ralek and Type1Ninja like this.
  20. minemikay

minemikay Void-Bound Voyager

how do i get one-

Type1Ninja likes this.