Dev Blog 3rd February - Painted Love

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 3, 2017.

1. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Could be a Lunar Base platform. *GASP* Lunar Base platform?! I wonder if it's player-made, or a new moon dungeon....

2. Space_explorer

Space_explorer Phantasmal Quasar

i just hope the idea of customizable mech is true, i dont like the actual body/head of the mech so pretty much if they are customizable would be really appreciated (because i have the feeling that this its the standard mech for all race without difference between mech race)

xaliber and DarthTrethon like this.
  3. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, I fear poor implementation too....if they want one for each race that's fine but they HAVE to let the players pick which of the race-based mech they want without locking us into one mech type based on the race of our character....frankly I think they should at least look into doing this for the ships as well(at least one opportunity to pick ship at the beginning of the game) since there is no way for us to have other ships without mods.

xaliber likes this.
  4. Krabbe

Krabbe Pangalactic Porcupine

too sad Starbound wasn’t nominated at the "Excellence in Musical Score” award. it is probably the game with best music i know

5. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

The mech they showed on the 23rd of January had another torso/body and its head was transparent, so they do in fact seem to be just as customisable as the hands and colouration.

6. ogdred

ogdred Phantasmal Quasar

Can we also get the Human Mech back? I dont really like the design on this one , it has teeny-tiny stubby legs.

Kelthazan and Space_explorer like this.
  7. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

The ideal option - it is an opportunity to gather combat vehicle from the various component parts. But it's a dream.

8. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Spaceships? Mechs? CUSTOMIZABLE mechs? SQUEEEEEE!

Kelthazan and Lodish like this.
  9. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Seconding this. I'm absolutely. dying. for object dying....We need this feature, CF. :zzz:

Loving the mechs though!

Kelthazan, mastercookie and Lodish like this.
  10. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

Thirded! Dyeable items would be bomb, and maybe a paint-tool that opened a pallet on right-click instead of flipping through a disappointing amount of colors :\ that'd be nice too. Maybe customizable mechs is the first step towards that dream :rofl:

AmazonValkyrie and DraikNova like this.
  11. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I'd be happy with just having the current colors and a color picker so that I can paint blocks the same color as the planet's natural blocks.

xaliber, Kelthazan and AmazonValkyrie like this.
  12. Terra-Gast

Terra-Gast Void-Bound Voyager

I really want to vote for Starbound... but... Hyper Light Drifter is up there too... Ach, decisions!

13. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Is there any possibility whatsoever in the far future that

Chucklefish might expand how mobility in space works?

I've always, always wanted to see some way to differentiate this game from other Terraria-likes and

Rotating-screen, true zero-g (with, like, gravity boots) just seems like such a perfect way to do that. The gameplay possibilities! The sci-fi theme!

14. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Multi-directional jetpacks and gravity zones? Sign me up!

15. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Phantasmal Quasar

They seem very chunky compared to a lot of the other tech in Starbound.

When will we be able to fly our spaceships? ........

16. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

I just really want to see if it's possible to rotate the screen in Starbound. "Zero-g" environments just seem like such a missed opportunity... I wish I would put in the time to learn to code this game. I wonder if this is only something the developers could implement.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  17. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Not a Sb expert, but I'd think that that would probably require an entire engine rewrite.... Which is A TON of work, and would likeley create an enormous amount of new bugs.

Titanium and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  18. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

You're not wiping us again, are you?

19. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If it's gravity, isn't it adjustable though? There's a gravityRange parameter in the config file. Mods like Frackin' Universe and Variable Planet Sizes both adjust planet gravity depending on its sizes...

20. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Gravity they could adjust easily.....but rotating screens and all the rest of that not-so-much.....to have the generated terrain even be displayed upside down or sideways at a moment's notice without loading screens and lost frames is a whole different beast. If the engine can't already do it(which only CF really knows) then it probably never will....not for this game. Maybe if they rework or advance the engine for SB2 or their next SB-like game then maybe there.....all assuming the engine can't already do it and it's just not a feature CF have chosen to use....but I think that's unlikely.

DragonsForce likes this.