8th and 9th October progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Tiy submitted a new blog post:

8th and 9th October progress

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. SomaSam

SomaSam Big Damn Hero

Huzzah, airships! But may i ask, how do they work? Are they like a player's space ship, and you can warp onto it and raid it. Or is it a dungeon, except high in the sky as opposed to on the ground? With the addition of space pirates, all we need now is zombies and it will be just like SPAZ!:)

The shrines also sound like a very cool feature, but if they are anything like what you would find in a rogue-like, then they will most likely kill you 9 times out of ten! Random Number God is spiteful that way.

3. CaptainRick

CaptainRick Void-Bound Voyager

4. Tairuse

Tairuse Subatomic Cosmonaut

Looking forward to more unique items I can't wait to peek inside :)
    I fixed the gif :)
    rotate (1).gif

5. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

Yes! Daily update 2 for 1!!

6. asdfghjkl1234567890

asdfghjkl1234567890 Big Damn Hero

This game is gunna be so immersive. :DD

Noctwinds, BrenSage, kik4444 and 5 others like this.
  7. Zaffirus

Zaffirus Subatomic Cosmonaut

a...turning fridge? :eek:

8. Chobin

Chobin Phantasmal Quasar

Avian airships. While I can't say there was any chance I wouldn't be making an Avian before, I can definitely say I'm pretty much a hardcore fan now. Yeeeeees.

Can we pilot these at all? Build our own? Or is it an NPC only event thing? Pirates and birds and airships and Starbound and oh my god, Tiy, you combined all of my favorite things.

Now that I'm done fangirling, question time.

Will we be able to 'adopt' a town? Take lordship over it in one way or another? I'm doubtful of this and it would be a very daunting task for a player, anyway, unless they had all the time in the world or they designated one or two areas to stay in. Forever. Unless it's like most games where nobody minds if their governing party disappears for months on end.

On that same note, if you have a 'reputation' in town, if there -is- in fact any sort of reputation/faction system, would guards/other NPCs be more lenient toward you for certain things? Perhaps not minding you have your weapon out, for example.

I'm super excited that guards will be useful as something other than player deterrent! And while I know this may be a bit of an irritating task what with mobs being randomized and all, but will there be prey and predator species? Hostile creatures occasionally attacking other hostile/non-hostile creatures?

I've forgotten the rest of my questions in my excitement about airship pirate avians, but I'll be sure to edit if anything comes to mind.

Thanks again!

9. Zerbyte

Zerbyte Title Not Found

Im kind of glad I only just found out about this game. The wait is already terrible.

10. EarthlyOdin

EarthlyOdin Phantasmal Quasar

Can we get some examples of the advantages (or disadvantages) that those spinney fountain whatevers give? And will the guards try to arrest you first or just attack you if you don't put away your weapon?

11. DrLicori

DrLicori Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

Here, have a fixed gif for ya.

12. Jman1177

Jman1177 Void-Bound Voyager

Woo-hoo, I was waiting for this :p Thanks guys!
    edit-

What do you by avian airships? Are they vehicals or just built into the terrain like buildings but in the air?

tassina and CandleKitty like this.
  13. Vampiz

Vampiz Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello, my name is Vampiz, and I'm addicted to Starbound updates.

14. Oculemon

Oculemon Starship Captain

getting a spot on the front page is that important, huh?

Core, Gellelao and CandleKitty like this.
  15. adamalmy

adamalmy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Coming along nicely :)

CandleKitty likes this.
  16. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

Oblivion style Guards ftw! Nice update :) Keep it up guys!

tassina and CandleKitty like this.
  17. SomaSam

SomaSam Big Damn Hero

Hhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Vampiz! Welcome to our starbound addiction seminar, would anyone else like to tell us their name?

18. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

*lights cigarette* What? Did you think the updates were gone forever?

And it's an interesting update at that. Not familiar with fountains / shrines in roguelikes (or indeed roguelikes in general), so I'll have to see what those contraptions do. It'll also be interesting to see how the Avian airships turn out.

That's pretty sad, honestly.

19. Gruntdonttoot

Gruntdonttoot Subatomic Cosmonaut

That would be cool if those things contained rare loot or specific lore you can only get from those. I'm assuming its just some sort of stat increase be it temporary or permanent.

CandleKitty likes this.
  20. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

I love you.
    ^.~

Core, Showbiz, Silican Beat and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.