30th June - A Fistful of Pixels

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jun 30, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

30th June - A Fistful of Pixels

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Lecic, Tamorr, Rator81 and 13 others like this.
  2. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Nightly News
    • The Yetee announced 2 new official Starbound shirts! You can see them in detail with all the source links here.
    • They added 2 new Oasis mini-biome themed tenants, I have added them to the wiki page.
    • They also made a new Oasis microdungeon in Tiled, along with continued work on other recent Tiled microdungeons
    • Desert parallaxes continue to get work, you can see some great examples of them on reddit already, here and here.
    • Quiqksilver posted what seems to be a follow up to his horrific hallway 5 days ago.
    • They added 4 new admin commands, which I have added to the Commands wiki page.
      • /eval - Usage /eval <lua>. Evaluates given lua in script processor context.
      • /entityeval - Usage /entityeval <lua>. Evaluates given script in the context of the closest scripted entity to the cursor.
      • /snapshot - Usage /snapshot <file> xsize ysize. Render the view of the world centered on the player with x and y size, and store to the given sbscene file.
      • /naked - Remove all gear. Useful in macros to give a character new gear replacing the existing gear, or you know, for fun.
    • /warp was removed from the help file, not sure if it still works.
    • Curtis Schweitzer, Starbound's composer, has uploaded at least 17 different music tracks this past month (non Starbound related ones)
    • There was a lot more work on the new Glitch Underground Maze dungeon, that thing is going to be awesome.
    • Known issue - The new Log Blocks can be spawned and placed; however, they drop Pillar Blocks when mined.
    Edit: On the current Nightly, the character screen does not seem to show older pre-existing characters. This will likely be fixed soon, they were not "wiped".

Edit 2: metadept said this is a bug and should be fixed in the Nightly tonight.

Healthire posted this wonderful GIF. Here is his quote and a shortened version of the gif (on imgur):

"Casual dialog between non-player entities is a good way to make your game world feel alive"
    [​IMG]

Going to repost a late edit to my news post yesterday:
    • @Mackinz captured and pointed this out to me - http://pastebin.com/xZqcJWe9
    • tl;dr - Healthire (dev) said that new characters starting on the same planet will be "addressed". It's not a simple fix but it is not being ignored.

Hylotls have 141 decorative objects already, Novakid have 0. (or, like 10 now, counting this news post)

The Hylotl stuff simply does not spawn naturally ingame anywhere yet, but that will be changing. Almost all of it shows up in the upcoming Hylotl mission, and later on in Hylotl underwater cities (including an arcade that is already made).

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  3. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Yehaw, now I can stop spitting on the floor

Sadiesaur, Jonesy, Axe Garian and 5 others like this.
  4. SelahJimm

SelahJimm Void-Bound Voyager

Hylotl! :hylotl::diving::whoop:

Vertelan, shannyxvx and Airling like this.
  5. Caidoz

Caidoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Underwater stuff, Hylotls need more love. Sunken ships would be cool to explore, as well.

Vertelan and shannyxvx like this.
  6. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

I love you guys for adding Saloon doors in there!

7. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

do an avian crystal set like the avian consoles :D

8. user2345562

user2345562 Guest

Yay novakid stuff :DD
    I really hope the piano is playable :3

9. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

If it's a saloon piano it should play itself!

10. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

YES! Stuff fo' my people, finally!
    Bless our brands!

11. Beathrus

Beathrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

...I love that you are adding new things.. But... Hylotl... Some of us have been waiting for so long.:cry:

jasonzoo123 and Airling like this.
  12. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

I don't know. I like it how in Westerado the music doesn't stop, even in the middle of a gunfight, until the pianist gets shot.

In fact, this opens up a new query: Is there going to be NPC musicians? One that actually plays the instruments we can obtain?

13. Cgeta

Cgeta Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, a retrofuturistic style would be amazing!
    Kinda like how the people in the sixties or thirties imagined how the future would look like. With round windows and sleek colorful furniture.
    Something that would fit into this kinda setting.
    I guess it's retrofuturism? Or googie style, dunno xD

It could be related to the alien biome, which is pretty retrofuturistic. I really loved it as it felt much more artistic than the others.

Was a random idea...

14. Burnalot

Burnalot Void-Bound Voyager

Ye'olde saloon, now with all the western themed gambling, violence and ofcourse coupled with the needs of the space age.
    I know ill be making a killing when I setup my bar sometime in the future. :V

If not, at least that liqour cabinet will look fine next to the flight cockpit.

Axe Garian and Plex_Director like this.
  15. Kentoz

Kentoz Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd want to see a biomech set, like the kind of things you'd see in H.R.Gieger's artwork, though with perhaps less genetailia.

greenRAM, Lintton and Hatsya Souji like this.
  16. Poachyinator

Poachyinator Void-Bound Voyager

Give the cultists some more love :D
    This sounds pretty cool too. Also, maybe the opposite and take some older designs (40's - 80's) and add a few of those as well! :chucklefish:

17. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

To me, Novakids be like the ones in Muse's Knights of Cydonia video already. Give 'em more Wild Wild West objects with hints of future-tech.

Sadiesaur and Plex_Director like this.
  18. Cube The Zombie

Cube The Zombie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah... players long time hasn't seen new furniture. All was seen ans used. Mayabe need even more.

19. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

I WANT that table :) I need to poker with the NPCs.
    That furniture looks really cool!

20. Netherlord

Netherlord Void-Bound Voyager

I'd love to see a haunted house-themed set of funriture or something ghostly, in the future. Found in a spooky micro-biome, why not.