RELEASED 2CUTE FarmCave w/ Legend of Zelda-like fairy hotspring & also an underground library. UPDATE: 7/19

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, Jul 19, 2016.

1. aprilr41

aprilr41 Big Damn Hero

That is not my link. I quoted the original farmcave creator, dk2020's post about the problem [http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/bigger-cave-now-with-2-floors-and-farmable.109636/page-5]. Yes, the link is no longer working, I just wanted to quote their entire explanation including their fix (in case any modder wanted to take a crack at it?). I have contacted dk2020 [http://community.playstarbound.com/members/dk2020.624135/] to see if they will re-upload the fixed farmcave file, but that of course will only be their version, not the 2cute farmcave.

• Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah, I see. It just didn't show up as a quote so it seemed like you were the one saying it. Sorry about that.

• Abastion

Abastion Astral Cartographer

Beautiful! Are you going to make more Zelda-ish stuff?

• Kmirima

Kmirima Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone have any idea why i get this (see images) message when clicking on stuff? i get it for all of it, bookcase, the typewriter and the computer Is there anyway to fix it/get it working. Also just noticed fruit spawns in that room too lol (is that meant to happen?? xD)

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Thats because this mod is outdated: they changed how map messages work in 1.2. The mod author hasn't updated so you can either ignore it, fix it for yourself, or uninstall it.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

This is happening with several of the mods I use. What would we need to do to fix it?

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

• Terreoak

Terreoak Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, good evening! I tried installing this mod but every time I enter the cave it crashes, I copied the 2cute.xnb file the content folder and replaced the FarmCave.xnb file in the map folder like said, tried to empty the mushroom cave too but it's the same. Has it something to do with the fact that I chose mushrooms instead of fruits ?
                Thanks.

• veganvulcan

veganvulcan Space Spelunker

@Terreoak, I was having that issue too, because I misunderstood to put "FarmCave.xnb" in Maps, and 2cute.xnb into the general Contents folder.

It sounds like that's what you're doing, but wanted to point that out in case you might have made the same misstep I did.

I hope it helps!

-VV

• Terreoak

@veganvulcan Yes that's what I did! What am I supposed to then ? I'm still confused hahahaha

• hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

@Terreoak, if you're still having trouble with this: try putting 2cute xnb in both the contents and the maps folder. sometimes stardew valley has a bit of weird game logic where it needs certain sheets to be in both places.

• Terreoak

Well I'll not bother trying now that it's broken with the multuplayer update and there is no content patcher update to it :/

edit: typo

• asunai

asunai Void-Bound Voyager

I just downloaded it and am still using it, but I've not tried it in multiplayer. What exactly is broken in the multiplayer version of the game other then the string stuff?

• amberwolfe

amberwolfe Void-Bound Voyager

This mod is fantastic, but it has one gigantic problem for me.... I tested it out on an old vanilla farm, and it was everything I wanted! But then I started a new farm using a custom map (specifically one from Ace's Expanded Farms MTN), and the ladder no longer worked! I can't get to the hot spring, which is what I wanted most. Please help!

• sashuka

sashuka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

same problem please help!

• Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

Can't say I know what's causing the problem, but assuming you're using the Content Patcher version, here's an updated cave that should work with custom farms. Just replace the file FarmCave.tbin in the content patcher folder for it.

Attached Files:

blouwho? likes this.
                                • b0bulat0r

b0bulat0r Void-Bound Voyager

This was one of fav mods for Stardew Valley,
                                  unfortunately now it just causes an infinite load of my game whenever it is active since 1.4 update so I've had to go back to a plain old boring vanilla cave map,

Any plans to do a 1.4 compatible version?

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

There's an unofficial update by Opalie somewhere on the 1.4 updates thread. :)

• b0bulat0r

b0bulat0r Void-Bound Voyager

Brilliant, I've found it now as someone linked the update on the nexus mods page

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019