Dev Blog 26th January - Secret Avian Man

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Original Post

---

Hey everyone!

We're doing a lot of work on various missions and bosses and things! Here's a screenshot from one such upcoming mission. You guys had some really interesting theories about the last mission screenshot I posted, so I'd love to hear what you think about this one!

[​IMG]

This week's community Build of the Week theme is Storage Facilities, and so far we've got a really cool Traditional Art Conservatorium from ElvenCourage and an asteroid base from the-nick-of-time. To submit your Build of the Week, check the Starbound subreddit for the current week’s theme, build something awesome, and then submit it as a link post with the prefix [BotW] or [Build of the Week]. Sometimes we post our favorites! :)

[​IMG]
    'Til next time! <3

2. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

I'd say that Avian looks too damn happy to be in an Avian temple, can't say I've been offered smiles in those things before.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  3. enderlordmc

enderlordmc Big Damn Hero

it looks like we're getting racial missions, maybe this is where we get the "6 keys"...

4. TeddyBearYoshi

TeddyBearYoshi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Awesome. Still really wish we had bodytypes, though.

Alkanthe likes this.
  5. RyunosukeKnT

RyunosukeKnT Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thornwing?

6. pjeeeeeee

pjeeeeeee Void-Bound Voyager

most likely not, probably "just an Avian" like how Nuru is "just a Floran".
    It's not like we met Greenfinger in the Floran mission.

7. pjeeeeeee

pjeeeeeee Void-Bound Voyager

Hmmh, why the glass though? Doesn't look like it belongs in the temple aesthetic at all, the other Avian temple structures currently in the game don't have glass windows either...

8. Hatesu

Hatesu Void-Bound Voyager

You need a camera feature like Terraria so people can take pictures of large builds with out having to take pictures of the build in sections and glue them all together to make a complete image.

9. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

I played around with the avian mission on the nightly. Barring bugs, it's looking pretty neat so far. Not a fan of the pigeon though, unless you get Patrick Warburton to voice him in the Kronk voice.

Last I checked, there was no music in the avian mission. Can't wait to see/hear what it gets, especially after seeing what was in the apex mission had.

10. lemon flavoured

lemon flavoured Aquatic Astronaut

Loving that storage facility, and the mission looks interesting too.

11. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

The avian. It is smiling.
    Inside one of their temples.
    He's a priest too.

I'm not coming within arm's reach of him without a minigun.
    Please add one.

12. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

I like that oval shaped hylotl pod house have a good ailen mix with ninja feel to it and that fits but its missing something i can't quite put my finger on
    I agree the avians are the most aggresive race on starbound even the apexs give me a waring if i step to close to there base but not the avians they are even more aggresive then the florans

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  13. Iamacarrot

Iamacarrot Void-Bound Voyager

he looks sort of like an avian enthusiast who collects many things and he must have created this museum like place to show and tell about many of the avian objects. Looks like collector missions will be done with him or something like that, as he holds a book in his hand he must be very knowledgeable and loves to study and probably will take any race object to observe and place in his museum of things.

14. Astrih Konnash

Astrih Konnash Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That hylotl pod-like home - awesome!!

15. DarkishScotScot

DarkishScotScot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*Insert Rick and Morty Bird Man Comparisons Here* *Cough! *Cough!

:blank:

adr and The Squid like this.
  16. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Now that is a house... Quite like the design. :nuruhappy:

Gonna love quite a few of the things coming...:nuruflirt:

17. JacobDaGun

JacobDaGun Void-Bound Voyager

Well, that guy looks pretty...oh, what's the word...
    Unique?

I feel like he's a character who would sort of be...I...He feels like he'd be a bit thick skulled, but brave and fearless. Like Kronk or that Captain hero man from Ratchet and Clank.
    (Yes, I know I got the name wrong, I never played them. Don't blame me for my own ignorance.)

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Since the Chuckledevs had such trouble spelling his name, we had a little fun on IRC and I think I almost got them to call Tonohuac Tonauac "Kronk" instead, out-of-game.

He's a tour guide, btw.

JacobDaGun likes this.
  19. TimeWriter

TimeWriter Aquatic Astronaut

Hey cool hunger again!

20. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

Hey, that's a genius theory! Seriously, I like that idea and I hope that's correct, I'd love that.

adr and Sylxeria like this.