Dev Blog 26th April - Some Assembly Required

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 26, 2017.

1. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Heh, I managed to get 1000 plus Durasteel ore just by visiting mutated planets constantly. Ironic, considering that it was until recently the limiting factor in my building process.

Although I doubt large amounts of any substance will be necessary for building mechs. Most vanilla Starbound recipes require very little to make a single unit. And I wonder whether some of the parts will just be straight-up uncraftable, rather than simply requiring that you find the blueprint.

2. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Same I had a lot of Durasteel but most of it went into my ship, colony, and capture pods. There is a really big colony project I'm working on and it's draining a lot from me so I set up mining outposts atleast I have no shortage of coal, copper, silver, and gold. In fact I might have too much.

I honestly think most of the mech parts are only buyable, findable, or quest related. If there is craftable parts, I expect them to be almost useless... I don't know, I could just be dehyping myself so I'm not disappointed lol. I doubt I will be disappointed though since you can strap rocket launcher looking things on though, I like blowing things up lol.

3. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I mean, it's not like durasteel is that expensive, though. Using an elemental Fluffalo and Perfect Pants-based farming system, and using the estimation that my computer could probably take 200 fluffalo on-screen at a time, I could probably get 50000 pixels every 15 minutes or so. Even with the ludicrous prices of the Ursa Miner, that's still more than 3 durasteel bars per minute, or one every 20 seconds.

Then again, running back and forth farming probably isn't that fun, either. Although if you're doing a big colony, that's going to be an issue as well.

As for the mechs, I suspect that it'll be a 40-60 split between buyable/blueprint-makeable and finding/quest only.

4. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can we have legendary 2-handed weapons systems like the theta's cannon from XS mechs or FTL's Vulcan cannon?
    Can we have dedicated explorer ships in case you don't want a mech?
    Can we have XS-inspired parts?
    Can we have backup ships for extra crew and storage space?

5. chacalik

chacalik Void-Bound Voyager

I just wish that they release a modding toolkit... at least a universe editor to make a ready custom universe with specific sectors in specific coordinates with specific planets of specific biomes.
    Also... it would greatly enlarge the popularity of SB among the mod fanactics... Those who just buy a game to mod it.

6. ApexCollective

ApexCollective Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Am I the only one who thinks that colonies should have a real use other than aesthetics and the occasional gift of pixels and a stale cake? A solid flow of materials would be nice, even if it's just corn and iron. Something to give them the feeling that they are actually doing something other than playing with levers and sleeping. Also it would be cool if there was an object the settlers congregated to, to have a "party" or something. A bit of life, y'know?

Anyway, I can't wait for the new update, haven't played in a while

Blevruz likes this.
  7. User011232

User011232 Guest

what colonies, I didn'T found any colonies yet, just shitty quest in villages and on that outpost thingy.
    they where totally lame.

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

The ones you can make yourself with a handful of colony deeds.

9. chacalik

chacalik Void-Bound Voyager

A mod can give an universe of uses to the vanilla Colony system.

10. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can we have a fist so we can FALCON PAAWNCH!
    can we have a dashing rapier? Or just a regular rapier?
    Can we have NPC mechs?
    Can we have LAAZOR BEEAMS?
    Can we have a ground pound?
    Can we have legendary mech parts with special effects?
    PLZ REPLY TO ME SUGGESTIONS MOLLY!

STCW262 likes this.
  11. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I'd love more to be added to colonies, provided they can do something about the in game performance of large colonies. gonna slowly make a mostly human settlement, though some of the other races will be fine too.

STCW262 likes this.
  12. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

[​IMG]

Its time for our Guards to be assign to mecha as well, best offence is the best defence. As for now I c its time for the mecha war.

13. Grave Knight

Grave Knight Subatomic Cosmonaut

Will the articles of mech war prevent attacking pilots or is it all fair game?

Also anyone know if mech can be immune to lava damage? Would be great if we finally had a way to explore the depths of magma worlds.

14. ChaoticGamer

Nothing is a fair game when the enemies decied to use a giant mecha dragons.

Kawa likes this.
  15. Morticharr

Morticharr Void-Bound Voyager

Eager to see this update come through, I honestly kinda fell out of playing SB for a while, this one has my interest-hype rebuilding at a nice, steady pace.

16. Nariz

Nariz Void-Bound Voyager

So, i can't use the assembly station to assemble my own mech... already did the quests using admin command but still says "unauthorized user"... any ideas?

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Nariz: Penguin in the outpost, underground, has a mech lab. Do a quest for him to unlock use of his assembly station. Then if you acquire another, that'll also work for you.

18. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Her, actually. Also, it's how you fight the shockhopper now. You unlock the basic, lowest-tier mech parts using the first quest, and the post-shockhopper quest lets you get the tier 3 racial mech body.

19. ChaoticGamer

Still waiting for the next update unstable starbound get NPC piolt the mechs.

20. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

It's already out as Unstable.