Dev Blog 26th April - Some Assembly Required

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Slaves to Kluex: God of Wings Chapter II: Glitch Fortress

metadept and Pohany like this.
  2. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Histories of Stabbing and Poo Monsters.

Pohany likes this.
  3. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Personally, I'm concerned about whether this will be a major component of the game or a gimmick left to the side. I never really appreciate this side stuff if it doesn't have at least some application to the overall quest i.e. making the final boss easier or something.

STCW262 likes this.
  4. GG123Snipa

GG123Snipa Void-Bound Voyager

Will there be mechs with multiple seats? Allowing passengers or even gunners? It'd be pretty entertaining to fly and walk with a friend. That's to say if the coding is even possible, hah.

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

This is no guarantee, but benches and vehicles already support multiple seats so...

6. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

I'm still waiting for a new update. ( ̄ヮ ̄)
    [​IMG]
    Art made by Pohany

davoker and Kawa like this.
  7. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Cool Ò0ó

8. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cool. Do you have a thread of your pixel art?

9. HachiYakumo

HachiYakumo Phantasmal Quasar

Here I am waiting for my mech to explore the galaxy.....Let's play some music in the void of space.

Attached Files:

10. JSG6155

JSG6155 Void-Bound Voyager

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*inhale*

So excited. I've started stockpiling pixels in preparation; should I be stockpiling anything else or will the mech parts be built from all-new materials?

Also is there any ETA at all? Like, sometime in the coming months?

Keep working on this awesome game you guys.

EDIT: After watching the second GIF again I noticed the new space tripod bot-looking creatures. Falling into the bot category means I must capture them.

11. SpiderOwl

SpiderOwl Void-Bound Voyager

I'm so hyped for these mechs, also, if you read this Molly, i had an idea i thought was cool for a future update. I was thinking it would be cool if every arcade machine had a little playable minigame (that goes with its name) like mazebound64, also i would like to thank you for helping to make this game, it is without a doubt my favorite game (I am almost at 600 hours)

12. GG123Snipa

GG123Snipa Void-Bound Voyager

That's what I was thinkin', the multiple seats are already there but this seems to be different than your usual vehicles, eh?

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That depends entirely on how they're implemented. Rail platforms, after all, are also classed as vehicles, yet act rather different from hoverbikes and catvettes.

14. Ixus

Ixus Void-Bound Voyager

I'm really happy with this news. I confess I stopped to play the game it have some time... Maybe what I will say could be a mistake but, I feel tha game is without challenge, I would like to kill more big and dangerous creatures(or be killed by them), because the game is so cool, things are getting better all time, but sometimes I feel myself a bit bored to not find something dangerous to face, being the situation or the enemy. Maybe I am insane to ask this, but in fact I love a fight! God damn, hard bosses, hard creatures, a hard life is all I like. The bosses have to be fasten and stronger(in my oppinion), the creatures could be more threatening(or I fight so good and don't know :nurucool:). I built a strong defense and already have strong gears, but I not find nothing dangerous on my travels and by this, I stopped to play a time. But this is just a point, cause starbound is my first sandbox, I love it and when I see the developers continuing to invest their time and work on the game, that's give me gratitude and I tell to my friends than this game worth the money and the time. Please, continue doing your work and thanks for the Linux version! Now, if you excuse me, I will prepare my base to have those mechs!

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  15. Ralek

Ralek Title Not Found

You could always use weaker armor and then use cosmetic over it to make it more challenging. That's what I do. I also limit my gear to bare minimum like I can only hold so many bandages or healing items, less than 20 rope at a time(I can make them as I go but only up to 20). By this I make it challenging for myself. This makes the game way better IMO. Hope this suggestion helps you get your zeal back for the game.

Ixus likes this.
  16. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

Or you could stick to one type of weapon and never use any other type.
    Trust me it's extremely hard to go one-weapon run, but it's do-able,

Ixus likes this.
  17. Ixus

Ixus Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks guys. As a crazy Floran, maybe I should use less tecnology and fight with my spear only and a medium gear. I love the spin effect.

18. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

I'll start killing kittens as this does not come out soon U_U :nurutease:

19. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

I'll start pounding whats left your face if you don't get some patients. they have already been forced to rush a lot of ohter things they don't need to be rushed about this too you impatient wimp.

Ainzoal likes this.
  20. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can't wait to blow things to bits! There are new monsters too, back to the Durasteel mining outpost then... I never seem to have enough Durasteel :nurusad:.

Ixus likes this.