Undeveloped civilizations

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Shadowsail, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Shadowsail

Shadowsail Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, but I was thinking it would be interesting to have undeveloped civilizations that haven't made spaceships or even guns. i mean, they could be at different levels of development (ex. tribes, now-a-days cities, cave dwellers, etc.) that slowly develop over time. they could also, depending on there development level, react differently to you visiting them. for instance, with a primitive tribe they would worship you, at cave dwelling times they would attack you, and during now-a-days cities they would try to communicate, but moreover would just spread world wide panic. i'm not saying this is the only way they would react, they could do whatever, but i was just thinking it would be cool.:)

Deegan, toby109tt, Gibson67 and 32 others like this.
  2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Anchorshag

Anchorshag Tentacle Wrangler

Now I certainly like the thought of having a cult of cave men offering me human sacrafices as tributes. Yeah I could get used to that!

I like this idea a lot, actually. It would certainly make sense with the apparent abundance of life supporting planets in Starbound.

4. Taylor

Taylor Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds like a great idea.

5. BluPixelz

BluPixelz Aquatic Astronaut

this idea would be cool, and you could give a race technology more advanced than them =D (feeling evil)

6. Xots

Xots Industrial Terraformer

They have this already. The Florians are already in game!

7. Anchorshag

Anchorshag Tentacle Wrangler

I think he meant NPCs encountered on planets.

8. rheinzo

rheinzo Void-Bound Voyager

Serisouly, Best Suggestion I've Seen. Nice Work.:up:

9. KatnissCairns

KatnissCairns Space Hobo

maybe the longer your on that planet the more the group of npc grow, so maybe their are 2 or 3 huts of tribesman and in a couple of hours of gameplay on that planet they may be a bigger group of npc's with bigger more advanced houses. maybe you can invest into a civilization with money, minerals tech and they grow and offer you bonuses or something. just ideas.

Deegan and peterd like this.
  10. ZobmieRules

ZobmieRules Big Damn Hero

11. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Try reading the post. Florans have spaceships.

12. warlava50

warlava50 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Me:WORSHIP ME CAVEMEN,YES BOW DOWN TO YOUR KING OF LAZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. SpaceHyena

SpaceHyena Zero Gravity Genie

Yeah! That sounds really cool! However, what if you played with say 3 other friends. If they would worship me and my friend came... would they loose their interest in me? Would they attack and try to kill him? Would they make us both their idols?
    Could start to get cofusing but the main idea is really neato! :D

14. jintoya

jintoya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

or...i could shoot those primitive bastards,...like, with a big gun. i was going to make a Planet Of The Apes reference but there kinda an advanced species and already-playable. (the apex ruined my one-liner)
    i think it would be kinda fun to be an evil overlord and travel the galaxy rending the limbs from my enemies (or random people who were minding their own business until i showed up...ya know, whatever)
    then i would retreat at the end of a hard days slaughtering innocent bystanders to a nice hot bubble-bath...i mean uhh, EVIL bubble-bath...of doom. yup :viking: oh to be an evil overlord

ChaosDichter likes this.
  15. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Lazers is not a word.

16. DracoHandsome

DracoHandsome Tentacle Wrangler

That is your objection to that post?

ChaosDichter and Jonesy like this.
  17. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes.
    It is.

18. starlogger45

starlogger45 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No you must obey the prime directive!

Mr. Darkness and SpaceCatInc like this.
  19. Foxforce1

Foxforce1 Void-Bound Voyager

DUDE THAT WOULD BE EPIC!

20. gallowsRenegade

gallowsRenegade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Lol, most of the colonies would be Novakid and, well, anything. But mostly Novakid. Novakid and their refusal to record history or teach their offspring. Anything.