Dev Blog 24th March - Tailor Moon

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 24, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

When you gather a crew on your ship, they'll all have different roles that are indicated by the color of their uniform. For example, soldiers wear red, and medics wear white. By default, they'll wear the uniform of the Terrene Protectorate. However, you might want your own custom uniform to help your crew stand out! Recruiting a tailor, seen here in the black uniform, is just what you need...

[​IMG]

Why yes, I DID hear that the necktie-and-tutu look was in this season!

[​IMG]

Your whole crew will change to match your outfit! Helpfully, their outfits will still stay the colours that match their job so you will still know what everyone's role is.

[​IMG]

Speaking of jobs, not only will having a medic heal you aboard your ship, but if you bring them along in battle, they'll occasionally use med kits on you to heal you. Helpful! There's other roles with unique abilities, too. Keep an eye out for them!

2. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

This has been on the nightly for a long while, but glad it's more publicly known. Crew members with different roles was a cool idea, and it's kind of a "This is better than this" routine as my nightly character has a full ship of nothing but buffs and medics. Still, somewhat reliable NPCs is a great change.

My only thing is that the tailor doesn't change the NPCs' hats. I want a scientist crew with glasses, but none of them wear glasses except for hylotl that got those glasses made for them through a radiant quest.

3. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

I see you, tiny Starbound version of The Great Wave off Kanagawa!

I can't wait to have my own tiny army of similarly excellently-dressed crewmen!

Also, that last picture. Biome transitions? I am excite!

4. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Hmm... I like this change, but is like to see it possible to have different crewmen wearing different equipment depending on their jobs. The colors are what makes them identifiable to others, but having them all dress the same is a bit boring...

5. The Merfox

The Merfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I second this. Also, it'd be nice if you could at least choose the color of each part for each job, so that, say, medics wear pink tops with red pants, or tailors wear purple tops and white pants.

6. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeeees this is pretty awesome and will work for me! Still, I kinda hoping for a per-person in the crew panel, like right-click -> outfit panel -> class colors [√] -> accept! But this is still pretty cool :>

Shaadaris and Shadow Wolf TJC like this.
  7. Samtopia

Samtopia Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I´m so hyped!!
    I don´t want to rush but please release a playable version.
    Just an unstable is okay, just want to try everything new :3

8. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Fully agreed. & to further add to it, it'd be useful if ya could assign different Uniforms to each Gender, cause lets face it, after seeing Tutus on those Guys in those Pics, I could use some Brain Bleach... :x *Goes off to look for a jug of Brain Bleach*

9. NeoFoxx000

NeoFoxx000 Phantasmal Quasar

Curiosity piques me... what are the limitations of the Tailor?

I mean can you imagine someone finding the full Alien Alpaca Set, full Larva Set, or pop into admin mode and spawn in an unobtainable set?

10. The Merfox

The Merfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's the nightly build for that. You'll just need use a few admin commands to progress properly at first, but it's 100% playable

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. Spritley Jack

Spritley Jack Big Damn Hero

Yes!! Now I can have a crew of ballerinas to do my bidding! Bwahaha!!:nuruevil:

12. Rainseeker

Rainseeker Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would love it if the science officer would scan things automatically when not in combat and make observations that may or may not be helpful.

"Captain, It looks like the atmosphere here is toxic... to those allergic to pollen."

13. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

Hmm, while I like the colour coded uniform, I still hope for more personalization of the crew instead of them all wearing the same thing. I mean it is fine for crews wearing a uniform when they are in an organization, but the player character and their companion is more like a motley crew of people from all walks of life, and may have their own story. Furthermore, it is much easier to tell them apart if a soldier is wearing armor and scientist wearing lab coat, for example.

14. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

oh wait what that's a problem i do not want my crew to just wear whatever im wearing but in different colors that's kinda creepy and also they would be ripping off my style

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. Celesmeh

Celesmeh Void-Bound Voyager

Where is the Tailor NPC? I dont have her int he nightly... but i have crew...

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Can't rip off what ain't there~

17. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ahh yes.

From moth fashionista's to starting clothing trends. Can't wait until we get our own dolls.

18. SwiftMustache

SwiftMustache Void-Bound Voyager

Man, does it hurts being that savage?

Relten likes this.
  19. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

that was uncalled for kawa

Axe Garian and Relten like this.
  20. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

OMG THAT is f______ amazing!!! I love this.....custom uniforms AND they are color coded by each member's job on the ship like in Star Trek!! That is beyond insanely amazing!! And those paintings in the background are gorgeous. This here has got to be the best update this game has ever had and I've been looking at all the updates for a very long time.....I always have playstarbound.com open in a dedicated tab in my browser 24/7.