Fluid pumps and pipes

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by djifro, Jun 26, 2013.

1. djifro

djifro Void-Bound Voyager

It would be great to have different types of pipes to move liquids.

Sort of make it function the way a train track would function except there would be a gate that lets water through one way where there is a cross section between pipes and the direction can be changed with wiring and such.

2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

ReverseShadow likes this.
  3. nikey9

nikey9 Void-Bound Voyager

there should also be pipes that transport items and such. And stuff that automatically mines which would then transport it to a chest via pipes :D

4. Yaxlat

Yaxlat Existential Complex

I love the idea, and in fact I suggested to the devs (I think it was bartwe) during one of the earlier Q&a sessions, and he said he didn't see the point, with pumps already being in the game, and pipes can be built out of blocks. I still hope they add it for the aesthetic though, like I said, it was a while ago.

legodude2 likes this.
  5. djifro

djifro Void-Bound Voyager

I think they could do more with it like have different colored pipes that can cross each other, or have different types of pumps and different pressure for them. Maybe even be able to push and pull air which would make it able to push and pull players/monsters

6. CubeX

CubeX Void-Bound Voyager

I think that teleporters or transporters for the items would be more fitting. Since it is more sci-fi. But some super cool pipes would be cool aswell.

nikey9 likes this.
  7. braindanger

braindanger Phantasmal Quasar

I think this would be a wonderful idea

8. Oraiu

Oraiu Cosmic Narwhal

Win.

9. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

What, pneumatic tubes not sci-fi enough for you?
    On topic, I recall several threads about various types of pipes, I even wrote one on how they could operate like wires and would work well with an auto crafting system.

CubeX and Ruban Crusade like this.
  10. CubeX

CubeX Void-Bound Voyager

Idk, the pumps just seem so unusual. I guess you could use pipes as tier 1 liquid transporter and teleporters as tier 2 liquid transporters!

11. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

Only if they also work with items.

12. CubeX

CubeX Void-Bound Voyager

ofc

13. Havok

Havok Void-Bound Voyager

14. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

PLEASE. If not, making my undersea city is going to be FUN!

15. GoGoMister100

GoGoMister100 Space Spelunker

I plan on making a submerged base sorta thing, but it would be awesome if I could pump out all the water so my friends could come in. Then I could drown them to death afterward. :mwahaha:

16. Spertin

Spertin Big Damn Hero

YEAAH !

I want my own swimming pool !

17. Degraine

Degraine Subatomic Cosmonaut

Having placeable pipes for moving liquids would at least let us walk past them and move liquids through bases/buildings without necessarily cutting them in half.

18. Grakiao

Grakiao Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This would be great for building cool mechanisms!

19. Tyocean

Tyocean Tentacle Wrangler

Yesss. I really want to have this in game instead of there being a mod.

Also...

This could help with pressure systems. Like you could have the room your friend is in suddenly have water blasted out of the pump and the room is full of high density water.

20. Wintorn

Wintorn Phantasmal Quasar

Dude, that's a brutal profile pic. The feels man, the feels.