Long lost civilizations

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by Pentafrost, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Pentafrost

Pentafrost Orbital Explorer

i think it would be really cool if you somehow out on your space journeys maybe picked up a signal, a sign or a broadcast of some kind that asked you for help tryed and guided you to them or perhaps you yourself must find them by clues or instinct and then rescues them from somekind og monster or catstrofic or weather conditions or just take them with you somehow, and let them stay on your planet or ship and in return they might give you some of their traditions or new technology of some kind that you can put to use, may be advanced or may be old and smart in some way :) a perk maybe too :) or a bonus that last for some hours. maybe they take you to a secret source of youth i dont know something along those lines :)

just an idea tell me what you think :)

Shordan, Naesh, Mad Silence and 42 others like this.
  2. 1mwb

1mwb Big Damn Hero

Could be cool if done right!

Jsin and FlutterBrave like this.
  3. Nikkey

Nikkey Master Chief

Maybe it will be a series of quests? Or type of random tasks. Saving people, well, just like Batman!(Because I'm Batman)

4. Pentafrost

im just putting the idea out there :) wether it will be a series of quest leading to strange new discoveries or just saving people is up to the devs if they like the idea :)

p.s. devs if you read this and like the idea please send me a message :D i would really want to know ^^

FlutterBrave likes this.
  5. xrace53

xrace53 Astral Cartographer

I think That The Idea Is Great, But instead Of Just Picking up a Signal And Getting Random Boosts Without Any Challenge Whatsoever, Is a Little Too Easy. You Should Add Some Type Of challenge, Like Quests to Get the Items. Or Having to Possess select items to get the stuff. :alien:

FlutterBrave and Nikkey like this.
  6. Pentafrost

i hear what you are saying and if you read what i wrote more carefully i am actually saying that you need to complete some quest of a kind to get the bonus ( whatever the bonus is") the quest could be anything, like from rescueing them from mosnters, finding things for em or something entirely different :). but i agree there should still be a challenge for the reward :)

7. xrace53

xrace53 Astral Cartographer

Oh. Oops :poo:

8. Pentafrost

haha np :sparta:

9. Pentafrost

10. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Seems like a great idea, my guess is there will be references the the creators of the glitch, also would tie in great with fossil finding maybe some archeology like old pots and tools maybe ancient lost tech.

11. Pentafrost

yes good idea would fit well into Fossil finding and ancient lost technologi is not a bad idea :)

12. Tectal

Tectal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love the idea, mainly due to the possibilities to add further depth to certain areas e.g. space travel.

Pentafrost likes this.
  13. Visuv

Visuv Space Hobo

Not a necessary idea, but very nice as additional bonus content. Endorsed for that reason

14. Spertin

Spertin Big Damn Hero

"-I'm your father !
    -Nooooooo !! how could you !
    -Because, I'm the god of this ancient civilization !
    -What ?"

15. Cinuic

Cinuic Seal Broken

This idea creates a glimpse of realism into the game and may expand on quest mechanics. But it would be more intriguing if these "lost civilizations" didn't send a radio signal; instead you just happened to stumble across one on a random planet.

16. Yujiho

Yujiho Tentacle Wrangler

Some of those civilizations could be earlier forms of the playable races! Imagine a city of birds! Or monkeys. Or plants... Or they somehow hold hints to the backstory of the pl. races which would be kind of cool. However, making them rare would not only save time to programm but also make it more amazing when you actually stumble over a lost city and rediscover lost technology best usable by a certain race or so.
    Anyways, good idea! Has a lot of potential for possible additions and the more there is to find, the better ;)

17. Dunham18

Dunham18 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It would be cool to see something like this.
    I probably think this is cool because i want to be a historian.
    but anyways i hope they do put something like this in the game.

18. MetalManII

MetalManII Master Chief

reminds me of spore! :D
    this would be an absolutely brilliant addition to the game!
    too add on to that, maybe there could be a chance of the entire civilization buried in rubble from a war or natural(or unnatural) disaster. Then, instead of just being on the surface and easy to access, its buried, and you have to excavate it to learn about the civilization. This could be the StarMade spinoff of Pompeii!

Pentafrost likes this.
  19. Pentafrost

maybe link that to the kind of fossils the want to add to the game :) somehow ^^

20. MetalManII

MetalManII Master Chief

YES! lINK THE FOSSILS!
    we might be able to make a re-animatron 5000!
    xD