Dev Blog 23rd February - Space Station 14

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Yarott

Yarott Phantasmal Quasar

Yes.

2. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh gosh, last night I had a dream about Starbound. I was in some type of mining facility on a asteroid, but my character kept on crying. I was running to the exit, and then a SAIL alert stated I had no oxygen, and that high levels of something was crushing my body. Dream me started to panic, moving my mouse all around the Teleport button. I teleported back to my ship, and woke up instantly after. It was a weird dream. I became angry that half of the blanket was on the other side of the bed, leaving me cold, SO I FLEE TO MY JACKET!

I'm dreaming about playing videogames, that's the point of waiting to play I'm at. . .

3. 5future

5future Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sure they are bussy with their new game "wardrobe" (looks cool, advance emblem or fire wars) so... maybe the 1.3 starbound update will have to wait a bit longer, sadly... I can't stop thinking how this update brings a whole new bunch of things which makes the game even more amazing... mechs, space stations, trader ships, new ship travel UI.... so much adventures!!! now just add armors and weapons up to tier 10 or 11 so we can find those in said space stations wiiiiiii :devil:

4. Tuliup Man

Tuliup Man Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Add a legendary blue toolbox weapon, to go with the space station.

HUEHUEHUEHUE. Pretty robust idea amirite

Just don't use any lights.

Banana Peel item? with the ability to make people slip and fall?

(how about we have a couple hundred of them in a space station)
    HONK

My bad, thanks for fixing it ;) <3

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please use the edit function when making additions to your post and avoid double or even triple posting.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

6. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seems I'm always late to the party on these, but things are looking exciting!

Exploring a derelict inside a mech... going through those dark halls looking for supplies. Maybe there will be no space spiders. Maybe.

Seems like it'd be a pretty neat place to make a base or a colony, and possibly a good place to find flickering lights.

7. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Space spiders. *shudders*
    Now space spiders infected by Symbiotes is a different story....

Free will remover.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Shaggyd0g likes this.
  8. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

I wonder if we will encounter abandoned space stations infested by the tentacles, probably like a high tier space dungeon. Or Maybe there will be events where the planet eating monsters will invade your ship or colony, that way the Ruin would actually be a threat and the only way to stop it is to destroy the heart itself.

Sylxeria and Lodish like this.
  9. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Could make it so that when you find what is supposed to be a friendly space station, IF you don't have the Ruin defeated in your playthrough yet, when the thing generates, it generates a ruined station instead of a good one when you beam to it the first time.

EDIT: Mean to say, chance of. Don't want ALL space stations getting ruined. Maybe like 10-25% or something like that.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Kawa and Lodish like this.
  10. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

My thoughts exactly, space would not very much be static, but making this sci-fi game more sci-fi (because you know space battles..).

Who knows what will be in the next updates? (Paint bug fix)

Not me for sure. (Still waiting for more fancy blocks and furniture)

11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

While on the subject of blocks, we could really use some "ruined blocks"... blocks with bullet holes, scorch marks, etc on them to make said ruined dungeons. I mean we got wires and rusted blocks, but that just isn't enough if you want to make something that genuinely looks trashed.

12. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

Please, it would go so good with the Hylotl ruins, wood rots away underwater.
    At least they will be adding more blocks so hooray!

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well, TBH, Hylotl are fish people. They live underwater. I'm sure they developed treating techniques that allow them to use wood underwater and have it last more than a few months.

Ickura likes this.
  14. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

You've made yourself a point there.

Edit: And for the "ruined blocks", instead of an all out separate block, maybe we could have some kind of tool that can add the ruined or destroyed textures like bullet holes for other blocks. Pretty much works like the paint tool.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  15. Toseda

Toseda Phantasmal Quasar

My dream come true. Space Wind Waker.

Sylxeria likes this.
  16. Tyler Tenebrae

Tyler Tenebrae Pangalactic Porcupine

This is as disconcerting as it is adorable.
    Sometimes I get similar dreams too. At least when I'm not having that weird sexual stuff that always turns into a nightmare at the last moment, leaving me awake in bed in the dark of the night, in cold sweat, with a boner and some part of a long forgotten song boring into my head on an endless loop until I remember the name of it.
    Tonight it was Smoke by Alkaline Trio.

At this point I have absolutely no doubts that I am insane.

17. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Eh... TMI? lol

Mythril-Jelly and xaliber like this.
  18. Kirbyroth

Kirbyroth Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG] rawr. If you encounter dem spiders use that cool fire sword you get from Naru and you can have some nice roasted spider.

19. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

Y not cleaning space stations of dangers they have, for people to start running them again?

Kawa likes this.
  20. Fantist

Fantist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would like to see ship to ship encounters where you can be a space pirate and board ships, capture or kill the crew and loot the ship. Also encounters where enemies board your ship and you have to defend against them.