4th June Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jun 5, 2013.

1. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

OmnipotentEntity submitted a new blog post:

4th June Update

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

"meowmeowmoewpuke"?
    And I thought you were serious man :DD

Thanks for the news! You are the best)

3. Seathless

Seathless Subatomic Cosmonaut

A roadmap update and a daily update?
    Its like christmas.

M C, sankto, RazoR2K and 7 others like this.
  4. Siloxis

Siloxis Big Damn Hero

No screenshots but an Update for the Roadmap?
    AWWWWWW

But there are many that are not 100%...

Frodew and King Leonidas like this.
  5. Jaden85000

Jaden85000 Void-Bound Voyager

But that is where beta comes in for the major bug hunt for what they did not find.

6. Azzah

Azzah Tentacle Wrangler

To be fair I'm happy with waiting until 2014 if that's how long it takes to get it right.

7. coolcat99

coolcat99 Subatomic Cosmonaut

The roadmap hasn't been updated from what I can tell. Everything is the same, and stuff like 'flying monsters' still say that they 'do not yet appear in game', despite the updates describing the flying monster spawning and AI.

8. treee

treee Astral Cartographer

I love it when things automagically update.

Gellelao, Zichqec and King Leonidas like this.
  9. Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Bot

The text wasn't updated as far as I can tell. It seems it was just the percentages.

Thanel and King Leonidas like this.
  10. Moonbear

Moonbear Subatomic Cosmonaut

Awesome!

King Leonidas likes this.
  11. Von Marlon

Von Marlon Pangalactic Porcupine

You say the road map was updated. I click the cake and still no cake appears... I smell a Portal conspiracy. :mad:

12. Maverickwolf

Maverickwolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Also the development team avatars have moved to different spots on the map.

King Leonidas likes this.
  13. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Of course it's mostly unfinished, if it wasn't we'd be in Beta. :p

I said this when preorders started, people are expecting a beta wayyyy too soon and need to lower their expectations when it comes to the beta release date. Expect a Beta around September, August if we are lucky, with release closer to Christmas. It's the sad truth and I really don't see how so many people got the idea beta was right around the corner. I assume it was because of preorders, but even if people don't understanding coding, they can still see very major and core aspects of the game are still being developed. Even after all that is done, and the majority of the minor features, it'd only be in an Alpha stage.. which could last a couple months itself. Then, and only then, is Beta stage and finally release.

My best advice to people is to chill out, enjoy the daily updates, and expect beta to be a long ways off. Then if it does somehow release early it will only come as a huge lovely surprise, rather than a huge letdown if it's not released this month, the next, or the next.

Sorry for the long post, but I felt in needed to be said in general. I *HOPE* I am dead wrong! :)

14. Von Marlon

Starbound is actually 75% complete right now as of this moment according to the road map.

DariotRS over on twitter posted this helpful google doc spreadsheet showing so

ChaseNeiz, HairyHare, HunterX and 3 others like this.
  15. Benjabby

Benjabby Title Not Found

Dude... You might wanna get your cat checked out

Edit also guys one thing to not is that the roadmap does not say anything about bugs, which is a huge part of development. So even when all features are 100% there will still be a lot more work needed to remove bugs

HunterX and King Leonidas like this.
  16. Menasor

Menasor Phantasmal Quasar

These are some great improvements. :D Thanks for the Roadmap update. :up: keep up the amazing and great work, and I can't wait to play the beta and the real game.

17. Von Marlon

I would but his claws say no!

Zichqec, AdenSword and King Leonidas like this.
  18. Siloxis

Siloxis Big Damn Hero

I know what you mean buddy, but don't do all ppl in one box ;)
    A Beta is always a huge step for the developer and the community. The developer will get some ideas and hopefully many bug reports during the Beta test Phase. Of yourse there are Black Sheeps, only want to play, just they can say "Hey i played since beta!", but as i joined this comm i learned that there are many awesome ppl here, and i'm sure most of them want to help in the beta.
    For me, yeah i want to play, everyday in the morning i click the only shortcut on the URl bar of Firefox with Starbound frontpage to read the news. But I also feel honored to help releasing this game by testing out the beta reporting bugs and give the last ideas.

Hopefully i didnt get you wrong, my english got bit rusty the last few years..

HunterX, Zichqec and King Leonidas like this.
  19. Kebab

Kebab Orbital Explorer

May I ask when you will be updating the Starbound Chronicle Page to include the latest issue in the list of released copies? I, along with 99% of your fans, truly appreciate the time and effort you are devoting to the development of this awesome game, however I do wish for this part of the website to be updated. I am unsure of whether you have simply forgotten to attend to this miniature loose end or are simply too busy developing the game to update it, but have been waiting for a few days now, and have generated a sense of curiosity regarding this issue.

Please note I am aware this is an unrelated issue but am unsure of where to place such a concern. Thanks for the answer, GO TEAM CHUCKLEFISH!!! ;)

20. Revso

Revso Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Meowmeow can't wait!

AdenSword and King Leonidas like this.