22nd July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 23, 2013.

1. UberDaniel

UberDaniel Orbital Explorer

Whatever stains they are they are stains of excitement! :love:

natelovesyou likes this.
  2. Jnse

Jnse Void-Bound Voyager

Bug fixes, adding some little challenges... We're almost there !

3. XDarkPhoenixX

XDarkPhoenixX Pangalactic Porcupine

I saw a few posts like this, about making single/all Hp bars an option etc..

Maybe just add the extra enemy/friendly hp bars to that name tag, item highlight pulse thing?
    - http://dev.playstarbound.com/17th-may-progress/

4. OMGJJ

OMGJJ Subatomic Cosmonaut

OMG IN ALL THOSE NUMBERS THERE WERE THREE 3's

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :V

5. Force2Reckon

Force2Reckon Phantasmal Quasar

I just wanna play so bad... Can't wait guys keep up the good work!

More dancing! (copy paste is the future!)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Toryu-Mau, Bennievv and TheSpoon like this.
  6. Chira

Chira Subatomic Cosmonaut

i read everytime "we added this and this and this and this and this ... ah yes and this too ... and i forgot totally to tell you about this" i see nothing about where the devs working on a possible beta ... shouldnt it be more important to make the game finally PLAYABLE then adding more and more stuff to make it even more complicated to make it at the end playable?

i mean i pre-ordered the game a few days ago, i cant say "meh ... i wait already too long" but friends tould me that the pre-prder is since 3 months up and i think those who bought it 3 months ago feeling like they got their money stolen and the game will never be finished (one of my friends tould me how he thinks about it)

this here ends up likewith secret of grindea on steam, with the difference that the dev team from secret of grindea didnt took already the money out of the peoples pocket and letting them wait over 2~3 months >_>

7. wacky

wacky Phantasmal Quasar

Even though they have been adding lots of "non essential" things, at the same time, (I'm pretty sure Tiy said this) there are at least 2 constantly working on the core stuff. not to mention recently they've been playtesting and tweaking the heck out of it :)

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  8. Shahab

Shahab Scruffy Nerf-Herder

a giant tar boss would be epic.
    have any idea how to summon that?

9. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I cracked up at "the useless slapper" part…

10. Mewbone

Mewbone Phantasmal Quasar

Same here xD

11. Shinjica

Shinjica Guest

I think is better if all the team work on the core stuff and then add new thing.

Maybe it's just me to think they're not releasing the beta during summer, like other major game, to wait a more profitable moment (september etc.)

12. The Doctor

The Doctor Pangalactic Porcupine

Tar. it should deal urn damage of a sort because for it to remain a liquid it has to be heated continuously. it should slow down our movement rate compared to other liquids as well. and drowning in it should be all too real. however it would be great if there was a way to take tar, fossils and all, and filter it into fuel for the starship. Tiy should probably do that huh guys?

13. StarshiyLeytenant

StarshiyLeytenant Cosmic Narwhal

Oh boy! Can't wait for my own useless slapper!

14. YnØs

YnØs Orbital Explorer

That smells BETA !!

slavemaster likes this.
  15. Half

Half Industrial Terraformer

Would you rather they didn't do pre-orders? You do realize the money we're giving to buy the game (For a discount too, or did you forget that?) is funding them so they can concentrate on the game? Without our purchases, the game would take perhaps three times as long and there wouldn't be as much content. The Beta is coming, stop being so unpatient, no-one forced you to buy the game, no-one forced them to keep us updated.

Toryu-Mau, Nohar and variablenonsense like this.
  16. Chira

Chira Subatomic Cosmonaut

sorry but that changes not the fact that they putt more and more stuff into the game but barely concentrating on a beta version
    all of you here can flame me now but it wont change the fact that adding so much stuff into the game makes it even more complicated to create a playable alpha/beta what ever it will be called :p

17. 26th-29th August, "Insomnia" event if I recall correctly.
    Watch out for the streams, I'm sure there will be some.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  18. slavemaster

slavemaster Space Spelunker

Seems that soon we will have our beta. Cant wait for it!

19. dickmalarkey

dickmalarkey Aquatic Astronaut

Keep up the good work guys! Can't wait to finally lose hours or my life playing this! I've already advised friends and family not to expect to see me for months when this becomes available!

20. Silvador

Silvador Phantasmal Quasar

I would imagine Tar could be exceptionally useful for both crafting and making traps. A pit full of tar would be rather hard to climb out of... and when lit on fire. Imagine a fortress being invaded and you stand atop the towers with cauldrons full of boiling tar lit on fire being poured down onto the monsters below.... or the inlaws. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Toryu-Mau and Ἄνουβις like this.