22nd July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Starfinder

Starfinder Big Damn Hero

according to my calculations, Starbound has aprox. 1786 items and counting, that's quite impressive.

2. Evithlia

Evithlia Weight of the Sky

Yay!!! Thanks Tiy and Chucklefish team! :rofl:

Kasamos and TheJudge like this.
  3. ZackTheGreat

ZackTheGreat Space Penguin Leader

:DD I hope you get to name your weapons too. I'd totally name my gun "Boomstick"! :giggle: Awesome update news none the less.

Shadowbolt likes this.
  4. JJRcop

JJRcop Phantasmal Quasar

I can think of something for Tar...

When you heat it up it damages people you pour it on, medieval style!
    Also it should stick to them!

Shadowbolt likes this.
  5. Rhondis

Rhondis Aquatic Astronaut

So many...ITEMS! Jeeeesus man! I think that's more items the Terraria itself! Well not including the 1.2 update anyways, thank you guys for this sweet and delicious update! It kept me full and warm! Night!

6. IronLotus

IronLotus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't be angry Tiy. The useless slapper has the power to rule the universe. :seriously: Use it well you must. :yoda:

Edit: Also, What if we could combine items like oil + rag + baseball bat = flaming baseball bat of doom! Tar could be put on cloth or leather and then combined with feathers :3 Chicken suit please!

Toryu-Mau and JoeXz like this.
  7. TrueAussie

TrueAussie Subatomic Cosmonaut

@ TIY - I personally dont like the SINGLE only health bar, for me i like to see all monsters close by for the fact if your focusing on one creature and you have 8 or so wondering around trying to attack you. you can lose track of which monster it was you were hitting and you may have only needed a few more hits to kill that one guy which means less DPS on yourself if you can kill it first. otherwise you gotta then hit everything until you find the one you originally had if you had accidentally un-targeted it.

So a Suggestion to this if your still set on having a single health bar. can we perhaps have maybe a button (such as "ALT" or "H" ect) that we will show floating health bars while button is being pressed?

8. Insignia

Insignia Zero Gravity Genie

Getting annoyed no word of beta yet.

9. IronLotus

IronLotus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

:chrono:What??? No word of beta?? Well I guess we'll just have to wait then

SolidSnake, Blue_Assassin and Tetrys like this.
  10. Stormy

Stormy Aquatic Astronaut

Will there be a way to create custom weapon names? It'd be totally be awesome to name a short sword "Needle" or some other cool name!

ZackTheGreat likes this.
  11. SamTheEpic

SamTheEpic Astral Cartographer

A weapon for every day in the year. I will fancy a chainsword on my birthday.

Toryu-Mau, xboy777 and blobjim like this.
  12. Pofinator

Pofinator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tar could slow you and its easier to drown and hard to escape. And you can find fossils in it?(if u live that long. :p). And is one of the instruments a trombone?

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  13. Rueya

Rueya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow just wow. How you Devs can create such overflowing and empowering content is really beyond me - given the limited workforce. You guys are truly extremely talented and amazing! I tip my viking hat off to each and every one of you! :fusrodah:

And to think after its release, we have 1 year of additional content to look forward too.

Time to relocate to an island for getaway once this gets released!

[​IMG]

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  14. Hoth

Hoth Starship Captain

Hope the health bar change is an option in the settings.

15. Solarius

Solarius Aquatic Astronaut

Only if we are able to make the alien burgers on an assembly line line Space Quest IV :)

ZackTheGreat and RomyCat like this.
  16. LFPO8k

LFPO8k Subatomic Cosmonaut

can't touch this!

Krono likes this.
  17. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

That is true, having the option to set the health bar according to the user's preference would be great, I do like the Streets of Rage style, though. Let's see how it looks in a future screenshot. :up:

OldNESJunkie likes this.
  18. braindanger

braindanger Phantasmal Quasar

I bet they spend alot of time on the game, i am guessing more then 12 hours a day.

19. Ashen

Ashen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well then I must now defeat the entire game with using only ‘the useless slapper'. Also one use you could have for tar is easily tar monsters... when you kill them they explode in a shower of flammable tar which you could then set fire to in order to burn down your friends planet, spaceship, house, bed, intimate picture of Omnipotent... Just let me know when you need me to test out these ideas I am always willing to sacrifice my precious time to playing starboun...I mean testing these um mechanics for you. yeah that's it disregard my last sentence...

white kaj and Shadowbolt like this.
  20. Richardson

Richardson Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Excalibat?

[​IMG]

Anyways, that sure is a lot of items! And you guys plan on even more!?

Toryu-Mau and Sonora like this.