20th July Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jul 21, 2013.

1. SnakeX

SnakeX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Excellent, after seeing Tiy's falling video I was wondering if characters would start to burn up upon atmosphere reentry so I'm glad something like that is in the process of being implemented (potentially anyway). Keep up the great work!

Menasor and Axe Garian like this.
  2. Namless

Namless Void-Bound Voyager

I just can't wait any longer. This game will be awesome !!

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. Ninjabean123

Ninjabean123 Master Chief

Sounds great. :viking:

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Considering my namesake I am very excited about this idea.

Chadpole and Axe Garian like this.
  5. BatmanBear

BatmanBear Tentacle Wrangler

Good job. Keep up the good work. Cant wait for beta

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. TheButterKnife

TheButterKnife Void-Bound Voyager

For falling damage wouldn't it depend on velocity added to the 'hardness' (Stone Vs. Foam) of the material landed on? The amount of time spent in the air wouldn't really affect the amount of trauma that would be incurred when meeting the ground so, it's more that it could be taken out of the damage equation entirely. If there is distinction between light and heavy loads or armor, that could also play a sort of multiplier to the amount of damage taken.

The amount of time spent in the air can also become increasingly notable on worlds with low gravity. (If variable gravity on worlds is implemented.)

As for flaming re-entry, it could also be used to denote when 'terminal' velocity is reached, or when the player re-enters the atmosphere from the space environment.

Fixing graphical glitches is like looking for a needle in a haystack, it's terrible, and even when you find it, you might not know what to do with it. Anyone who is capable of buckling down and putting their nose to the grinder on that issue deserves praise!

Menasor and Axe Garian like this.
  7. SpiroExDeus

SpiroExDeus Cosmic Narwhal

True Jamaican - or Wigga?

Killera likes this.
  8. Killera

Killera Phantasmal Quasar

Nooope. Sadly not Jamaican. But I found a real good translator site so I used it :DD

9. Killera

Killera Phantasmal Quasar

Oh and not a Wigger too if that's what you are implying. I do not idolize anything or anyone. I just think it's a funny way (for me, and I mean no offense to anyone by that) to speak. That's all there is to it

10. Techno9200

Techno9200 Void-Bound Voyager

11. YatsandYets

YatsandYets Void-Bound Voyager

Hellz Yeah, no more stupid moments like in Terraria where you fall down and you get stuff like this (that I keep falling* for):

Oh crap, that skeleton had to knock me into this big hole. HE JUST HAD TO!

*sees slime down there*

HECK YES IM SAVED, MY FALL WILL STOP ONCE I GET HIT BY THE SLIME :D.

*falls onto slime and recieves the knockback*

*lands*

:3

*explodes, 1267 damage*

[​IMG]

*no pun intended

Chadpole and Axe Garian like this.