20th July Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Mendrake

Mendrake Poptop Tamer

I'm torn. All of this is great, but I don't really feel safe playing Starbound when Hetty helped make it. Playing such a game may be dangerous to my health.

Richardson likes this.
  2. Prymael

Prymael Big Damn Hero

...so, in other words maybe players should have an attribute towards diving?

Queritass and Skitz like this.
  3. Daxalog

Daxalog Subatomic Cosmonaut

I heard u liek saying "Stuff"

4. Glitch1500

Glitch1500 Aquatic Astronaut

No, Omni got first post! You got second!

5. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Terribly sorry, my mistake.

tassina, stenny833 and killpay like this.
  6. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

smelly feets.

No pictures, oh well.

7. Rankomonaut

Rankomonaut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't respond that often, but I really appreciate the work you guys do there. It's hard and a long way down the road (map d: ) but I am confident that you prove yourself worthy and complete that little masterpiece that hopefully revolutionize that game industry and is marked as "the" game that opened a completely new branch on that... well.. I am maybe exaggerating... but I look forward to this game and with joy I read your daily posts. That you even work on weekends is a good-to-know thingy for us fans, gives us the feeling that everything will be fine. ^^

PS: I saw "StarForge" at steam and just thought " 3 dimensional re-hash of Starbound".

8. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

Good job ! Bug elimination squad away !

Queritass and Axe Garian like this.
  9. Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. SilencedSouls

SilencedSouls Phantasmal Quasar

STAAARRBOUUNND!

11. Glitch1500

Glitch1500 Aquatic Astronaut

Oh wow, I didn't notice you got both. Damn it, you just outwitted the outwitter :p

tassina likes this.
  12. Ipix

Ipix Void-Bound Voyager

I reckon if you fall from high enough it should gib monsters and smash weak materials like glass on impact.
    Surviving a huge fall should seriously come with a three point landing in any case.

Dynamic entries anyone? 8)

13. Samolocik

Samolocik Space Spelunker

Effects during longer falling ? Great idea ! Keep it! There where even some threads suggesting something like that you guys react fast :) Thx!

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. Menasor

Menasor Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks everyone that works over the weekend, whether it is side projects or working on something else to help finish and add so much flavor to this already flavorful game. :up: Falling animation sounds cool, I hope the flaming :fireball: effects stay in, but I am fine if not.
    I watched Bartwe work on graphical errors well part of it, and I am glad he is taking the time out of his weekend do do that. I am looking forward to the Asteroid :rock: biomes that Kyren is working on, it will be fun to discover and to see what on could discover. I agree that whatever mobs that spawn on it, should not be allowed to fall (unless knocked off by a player), though funny, it would not make much sense. I am not sure who Arch is, but anything to make terrain generation better is a good thing, so thanks. And thanks Tiy for doing a bunch of small stuff :p , that all adds up to one big thing.

tassina, Axe Garian and Toryu-Mau like this.
  15. Tokanya

Tokanya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just asking, will this game run on Linux ? not the actual game but the dedicated server one.

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. Toryu-Mau

Toryu-Mau 2.7182818284590...

It's Raining Cats and Dogs Day!!! :proper:

17. Jaden850

Jaden850 Big Damn Hero

ALERT!! Beta beggars inbound! Possible reasons? Bug fixes =_= the irony is that i am the silent ones who do not post about beta, until now.

18. LostQuestion

LostQuestion Star Wrangler

say omni will the astroid algorithems and the dungeon algorithems be able to be merged for making temp locations/biomes or would that a lot of headaches and frusteration?

ps thanks for the hard work bart

19. Xyth

Xyth Void-Bound Voyager

BIG FCKIN BEAR HUG BARTWE
    *hug* *hug* hug*

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  20. Toryu-Mau

Toryu-Mau 2.7182818284590...

Yeah, Bartwe really is a Silent, Behind the scene guy isn't he? :cool:
    I wonder whether he chooses to be silent, or simply prefers to show with Action.

Axe Garian likes this.