Dev Blog 20th January - Monkey Business

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 21, 2016.

1. I forgot to make a comment thread yesterday!

http://playstarbound.com/20th-january-monkey-business/
    ---

Hey everyone!

We’ve been working on missions for the final game! Here’s a little look at the start of an upcoming mission – looks kind of intense. What do you think it’ll be about?
    [​IMG]

This week’s community-run Build of the Week theme is Crash Sites, and there have already been some really really cool submissions. Here’s a crashed freighter from ElvenCourage!

[​IMG]

To submit your Build of the Week, check the Starbound subreddit for the current week’s theme, build something awesome, and then submit it as a link post with the prefix [BotW] or [Build of the Week]. Sometimes we post our favorites. :)

‘Til next time~

2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

That first one looks like a raid on an miniknog base

and OH MAH GAWSD THAT FREIGHTER SHOULD TOTALLY BE IMPLEMENTED INTO THE GAME!

Mat-ato likes this.
  3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It is, actually.

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. toby109tt

toby109tt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

that crashed spaceship should be implemented in the game it just looks so good!!!

5. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Existential Complex

Dinosaurs. Definitely something giant.

Edit: now that I saw the whole pic, also maybe not..

6. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

I really like the look of that mission :) Also, love that build! (Also some other builds... Some great entries this week!)

7. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

So we going in solo or are we aiding the rebels here?

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. calcanius

calcanius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this is such an awesome game! i have an idea for something: hav a location in space with a single block there...could be anything as long as u can place blocks attached to it to build a base floating in space...i kno u can do it on the asteroid fields, but i would like an area for just the stuff i place...i dont even care about the hazards of the area! (whether its radiation, lack of oxygen, etc). also, something to fly with in areas designated for building would be awesome! again, i love all aspects of this game! EDIT: if that isnt possible, and someone has taken the time to remove the asteroids, plz upload the world in a reply...i would immeasurably appreciate it!

9. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

my first thought was "so we finnaly get to slay big ape?" when i saw the first image.

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

So far, you gonna find a trinket that you're supposed to nab but can't actually nab yet. And there's a big ol' room fit for a boss battle, but it's abandoned... for now.

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. lemon flavoured

lemon flavoured Aquatic Astronaut

Agree, it would be really cool to randomly find crashed ships.

toby109tt and Hatsya Souji like this.
  12. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Bout time this Thread got Created. Got worried when the News showed up with no Thread to go with it.

With that said, I second fernworrier that i'd love to beat the ever living snot outta Big Ape! :sparta:

13. Monijir

Monijir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The music for the apex level is fantastic. I'm using it this morning to make my house-cleaning more dramatic.

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

The first picture... thats a raid isnt it?

15. Spritley Jack

Spritley Jack Big Damn Hero

Cool, new missions!

16. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Such a mission of that form made me imagine a scene of a future novelized playthrough,
    "Your fiery ideals will be extinguished, Big Ape!" Hatsya, the Human-Ningen alliance representative, pointed his cubic Manaticon Azureshredder Pistol at the angry ape boss.
    "Everyone has their preordained position, and everyone is in their place except you." Big Ape blasted Hatsya's right knee, "You, and your big-eyed comrades will screw our Universal Order!"
    "Right." Hatsya smiled as he hacked the Big Ape's forehead with a quickly-rendered Star Cleaver from his back.

17. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah crash sites, brilliant! Technology in decay is such a lovely motif...

I'd love to see someone iterate upon the haunted shipwreck from Super Metriod. It's my favorite place to visit in that game and woefully the shortest.

Kawa likes this.
  18. Scourger

Scourger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think I'll walk forward and then all those enemies will say something and then run single-file into my gunfire. Then I'll use 4 bandages and walk forward 20 yards until it happens again. Maybe some switches involved.

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. Twin9aa

Twin9aa Void-Bound Voyager

can you try to make servers easier to make or a open to lan like minecraft

GelterTheDragon and Axe Garian like this.
  20. n1t3n

n1t3n Big Damn Hero

Unique/rare biomes for mission ..?Drama involved ...????