1. This forum is for website and forum feedback ONLY. Please post Starbound bugs in the Support section. Any game-specific threads in this forum will be deleted.

Bug/Issue 20-30 second Lag, 506's, Doubleposts, etc.

Discussion in 'Website Feedback/Issues' started by Xylia, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Seriously, what is up with the web server lately?

The last couple weeks now every other time I try to post or view anything, I'm sitting here tapping my fingers as I'm waiting 30+ seconds for my own post to appear on either forums or the profile posts sections, about 1 in 10 times I try to view anything I'll get a 506 Bad Gateway error, and I frequently see people complaining about Doubleposting (because they click "POST" and nothing happens for 10-20 seconds so they click it again).

Seriously, the lag is ridiculous anymore, even on off hours. It seems like every 5 minutes or so, the server just stops responding for 20-30 seconds at a time.

It gets to be a real chore to do anything sometimes when you click a link and.........nothing. You wait 20, 30 seconds... it just gets old after awhile.

2. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Its probably because of the huge rise of users after 1.0 honestly. I used to see like 100-200 users online at a time, now its mostly nearly double that.

I sometimes have to wait a while loading a post or checking my alerts when I come back to a handful of them. Its all I can think as to why that happens.
    --- Post updated ---
    Its probably because of the huge rise of users after 1.0 honestly. I used to see like 100-200 users online at a time, now its mostly nearly double that.

I sometimes have to wait a while loading a post or checking my alerts when I come back to a handful of them. Its all I can think as to why that happens.

Dunto and Xylia like this.
  3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

How ironic. You doubleposted when responding to me LOL.

Dunto likes this.
  4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Odd... I do get a bit of lag when clicking "like" or post reply... but just a second or two... altho I do get badgetways A LOT, like back when hax and tears and swears were let upon the world.