18th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Shalderave

Shalderave Big Damn Hero

Work on what? He's just being blunt. Not his fault if everyone's having conniptions.

tassina likes this.
  2. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

There's not too many ways to phrase: "Most of the game mechanics are nearly complete."
    I don't think he could have put it any more lightly.

tassina likes this.
  3. SnakeX

SnakeX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am relaxed. And it's not our place to dictate how Tiy decides to write up his posts. If people want to read into his posts too much that's their problem, not his.

tassina likes this.
  4. Wrccc

Wrccc Aquatic Astronaut

Honestly, I enjoyed the previous look of background planets, nice a pixel-y <-- [pretty sure that's not a word.] but yeah I have to agree with basically everyone else here, the game looks like it's coming together. Quite nicely at that, keep up the good work Chucklefish.

5. shadownightes

shadownightes Master Chief

Soooo who wants to play together with me? :D we can get may others too

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  6. Elate

Elate Spaceman Spiff

Exclusive preview in late August?

Colour me disappointed, since the beta most likely won't be released until after that.

7. King Leonidas

King Leonidas Pangalactic Porcupine

Excuse me?:lod:

nah jokes ;)

Leak and Grimmfayte like this.
  8. keyfox11

keyfox11 Void-Bound Voyager

If you are doing a 'demo' at the end of August, where/when does that put beta?? :p

9. Inco

Inco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Anytime between now and December 31st. :p

keyfox11 likes this.
  10. Andrew Briand

Andrew Briand Orbital Explorer

Beta probably wont be till after the gaming event in the UK because it says and exclusive look at Starbound

keyfox11 likes this.
  11. Shalderave

Shalderave Big Damn Hero

Everybody, it's already been mentioned in here and everywhere else that Chucklefish said that if they have the FULLY FUNCTIONAL BETA completed before the August event, then it will be released to us; the paying public. They will still do the showcase for the publicity, but it won't interfere with the release of the beta.

keyfox11, tassina, NhunterN and 2 others like this.
  12. Ammonite

Ammonite Space Penguin Leader

It's because the planet's surface reflects light, the atmosphere does the same thus creating a radiant glow and the dark background of space makes it look even brighter :monkey:

Again a very nice update, even tho i have to agree that the glow of the big planet in the distance should probably be a bit less.
    Since im still not done with my exams i won't be seeing you at Insomnia *sadface*
    I hope you guys have a fun time there, and if you can grab Sips and Sjin; i want to see your game on their channel :)
    I believe in a Sjin called love

King Leonidas, Toryu-Mau and TheFinny like this.
  13. Imaginary Star Studio

Imaginary Star Studio Void-Bound Voyager

Will Tiy ever patch up that hole he made in the roof of the spaceship?

Find out on the next exciting episode of "July Progress"!

tassina, King Leonidas, Ner and 8 others like this.
  14. Danahi

Danahi Astral Cartographer

looks to me like a very passive aggressive "I am relaxed".
    The thing is, don't forget that the community has paid for a product and some people simply want some better info about the release window. If all game developers would start working this way, it would not be appreciated I'm sure.
    Anyways, Xander merely stated that it might not be good to reveal that particular kind of info.
    Think about it this way: the update mostly give us vague info which is nice to know, but doesn't tell us anything about progress. This is to satisfy us. This is fine, but when talking about "almost every major feature being done", it makes people think. "Almost done? What does he mean? Beta?" This, to my opinion is giving avoidable trouble, so I agree with Xander. Btw the devs are people, no gods. Which means that advice (which Xander gives) is allowed to be given and can help them better communicate with the whole community, not just types like you (not meant to offend).

So do relax ;).

link to at least one source from official chucklefish members please?

15. Inco

Inco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Beta release includes hole. Thousands take to the streets to protest.

tassina, NhunterN, Taso and 2 others like this.
  16. Grimmfayte

Grimmfayte Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looking forward more and more to this game everyday. Hope to see it soon... On a side note, these empty ships sure seem to give off a lonely, secluded, depressy tone... Though I realise they aren't going to go and spoil a bunch of stuff by decorating a ship all nice n fancy for a screenshot not even about the ship itself :p

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  17. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Promises, promises. "We're close to complete all major features, but you won't see the game this year".

18. Chalky

Chalky Void-Bound Voyager

Haha - marketing the game as an exciting new game in the same vain of minecraft - that will certainly give a huge boost to popularity. I can't wait to see what happens to preorder sales after this event, it sounds amazing.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  19. load2110

load2110 Yeah, You!

nice stuff but if you are going to insomnia 49, and if you have the time for it watch the natural selection 2 eu open final live for me please :)

20. Shalderave

Shalderave Big Damn Hero