18th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 19, 2013.

1. jrapta

jrapta Void-Bound Voyager

Natural. Natural. Natural satellites in Starbound.
    Oh. And of course can't forget the artificial moons. Futurrrrreeeeeee

Avatra likes this.
  2. huntcameron

huntcameron Void-Bound Voyager

Listen, sounds like the games nearly finished (for beta), so, if you dont mind, RELEASE THE BETA (please).

Ill eat my children if you dont release it! :eek::eek::chrono: :eek::chrono:

3. Warrior_Of_Spoon

Warrior_Of_Spoon Master Chief

D: Not the children! Noooooooo!

4. Eoghanpm2

Eoghanpm2 Star Wrangler

These daily updates are so incredibly wonderful. Given all the recent conversation concerning Starbound's legitimacy and people being pissed about the lack of a concrete date for the BETA release and what-not seeing these daily updates really solidifies my faith in this project and the developers dedication to making this game the best it can be. Thank you again Chucklefish, I say it a lot but beautiful work.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  5. Duvi0

Duvi0 Void-Bound Voyager

I... I think that's incentive for them not to release it.

Also, yeah, it's basically finished, but they're working out bugs, polishing a bit, and adding some things that will be awesome ingame, so just be patient.

huntcameron likes this.
  6. Shalderave

Shalderave Big Damn Hero

Red Faction Guerilla fills the hole.

7. julz19

julz19 Phantasmal Quasar

damn that planet looks to be F'n HUGE!!!!!
    nice update, but stop teasing us :(

8. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Since you said it I will mention they have stated if the beta is ready before the con they would release it.

NhunterN and killpay like this.
  9. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

from the link he gave

Starbound Exclusive Preview

When: Friday, Saturday & Sunday Where: Minecraft Expo UK, Hall 1Get an exclusive look at the game that has so many in the Minecraft community excited. Starbound! Tiyuri, Bartwe, Legris, Kyren, Armagon, OmnipotentEntiy and Mollygos from the Starbound team will be on hand during the festival, showcasing the game, meeting the community and even having a main stage event on Saturday!

AAAAAAAAHHHHH :mwahaha::V I AM SCREAMING WITH SOOOO MUCH WITH EXCITEMENT I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING TO PUKE :x YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (YES that's a good thing) This game will be (pause for effect)......................................................................LEGENDARYEPICAWESOMEUNBELEIVEABLEANDIWILLLOSEMYLIFETOTHISGAME
    I will not be worthy to play this game :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: this game will be worth 999$ and i got it for 15$ so yeah

P.S. i was just reminded of the guy who said, quote "This Game don't even worth 5 bucks" if he saw it now i think he would retract that statement

P.P.S. that is improper grammar it would be "this game isn't even worth 5$" or "this game dosen't even look worth 5$ :p

tassina likes this.
  10. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah yes i remember that now. well in light of that i don't know whether to be happy face or sad face. In fact that's been my reaction to almost every daily update lately. Chucklefish has opened a factory for double edged swords. Each update feels like a massive step forward but at the same time makes it feel like the distance is still large with no indication of how much further. Awesome and sucks all in one. I hope he wouldn't give this many mixed signals in a relationship.

11. Insignia

Insignia Zero Gravity Genie

It sounds like beta should be released I mean that is why I preordered all those months ago

12. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

nice update these daily updates are wonderful

Titanium and Inco like this.
  13. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

auughhh why can't i live in the UK

TheOneCalledWaffle likes this.
  14. JackofBlades

JackofBlades Orbital Explorer

Excuse me while I cry silently in a corner, due to the pain of wanting this game so badly. On another note, Tiy is driving me insane with all of these teasers, making it sound like beta is coming out tomorrow. You're making it so much harder for me Tiy! But these kinds of updates also keep me going. It's like, "Oh, according to this, beta is coming soon!" and, "This makes it sound like the game is out tomorrow!" and so on and so on, until beta is finally released. I don't know what I'd do without these increasingly awesome updates from the best developers in the world. Thanks Starbound team!

tassina, killpay and Toryu-Mau like this.
  15. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

"We’re at that stage of development now where almost every major feature is done (save for quests, but they’re not far away)."

C'mon Tiy, phrasing it that way? When people have been arguing beta is feature complete on the forum? Even if its unintentional every thread asking for beta tomorrow or creating drama could probably be traced back to this sentence.

Unless your saying it to build hype to actually release the thing in the next few days, expect loooots more fun now.

Middleman93, Johan and Inco like this.
  16. whatsup747

whatsup747 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

God damn! I don't live anywhere near the UK!!! :mad:

17. SnakeX

SnakeX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1. There is nothing wrong with his phrasing, and he shouldn't feel obligated to tiptoe his way through posts just because some people are being impatient weirdos and over-think the daily progress posts or look for hidden messages that aren't there.

2. There is no "arguing" as to whether or not a beta is feature complete. That is the standard definition. Anyone saying otherwise is merely trying to justify their complaints about not having the beta in their greedy little hands yet.

3. You're only adding to the drama by assuming that Tiy implied something other than what is written. Just relax and enjoy the progress posts for what they are.

tassina and Middleman93 like this.
  18. andySp

andySp Sandwich Man

Tiy makes it seem like the beta is almost out, but the convention event suggests otherwise. Why must you play with my heart like this...

I don't think I'll be able to handle myself if Starbound and GTA V come out at the same time, imagine all the things I would never be able to get done!
    (Backgrounds are looking good btw)

killpay and Toryu-Mau like this.
  19. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

I'm just pointing out something he could stand to work on a little, you really should relax. ;)

NhunterN and WhiteMousse like this.
  20. Kurozaiaku

Kurozaiaku Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hmmm.. While the high-res planets look nice, I'm trying to understand why they all have a 'glow' around them. I rarely get nitpicky but it's bothering me for some reason.