18th August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Trixmay988

Trixmay988 Space Penguin Leader

True, now that I think of it that is the case most times.

tassina likes this.
  2. Sqwal

Sqwal Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well its not the fact that i am trying to rush beta its just that for the people who didn't pre-order yet and live in that area can just go play a demo of it right then and there (the people who buy plane tickets to go see it all power too you i have no problem with you guys) but they should at least also give US that demo too, but its very painful if you have been waiting for 2 years to find out that people who probably have now learned about it or have even pre-ordered it get to go play a bit of it (oh and i foam from the mouth for that "bit" > w>).

3. Bizarre Monkey

Bizarre Monkey Big Damn Hero

World class entitlement right here. People who are going to i49 have to pay money to get there and for tickets, heh... if anything it's the guys going to i49 who are getting ripped off.

You can just be patient, it's not going to kill you to wait a couple months. It's not like I'm talking out of sour grapes here, I did purchase the beta and have also done so for quite a few of my friends because I have financial stability and they do not. But 3 days for a Tier one tutorial entry look into the game seems kind of a shallow reason to get butthurt about this sort of thing. We'll get to play a much more developed beta a couple months down the line and we'll be able to do that until it's released, which we've also payed for.

I can't understand how anyone could have the nerve to complain about a game that they are getting beta access and release access at the same price (or less if you buy in bulk) that you get Terraria for.

tassina and Duke like this.
  4. Duke

Duke Big Damn Hero

That's a heavy assumption.. I'm sure Starbound's community has more than it's fair share of UK members--old or new! But be sure not to feel slightly entitled from being patient, 'cause that's a nasty feeling (but patience /is/ rewarded!). We'll all be exploring the galaxies together soon enough. :)

tassina likes this.
  5. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

So what's the consensus on this line:
    Some people think it means they're preparing to release the beta, but i think he's talking about the i49 demo. Thoughts?

Duke likes this.
  6. Bizarre Monkey

I don't mind either way, I have the amazing talent to be patient. I think chances are it's the i49 demo though.

The stunning breadth of this stellar statement ejects you out of your chair in befuddlement and awe.

Duke likes this.
  7. fadohacolu

fadohacolu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Everyone is sitting here talking about beta. I'm under the strong impression that the game will be given (more or less) a full release in which content will be added on for some time in the future. I think 'beta' is just a word to make us think we're going to get our hands on it sooner, but from what I can tell from these updates, it's already deep into what could be considered a 'beta' phase.

I mean honestly, with all the development going on right now, and all the progress they've made, how much of an actual beta do think they're going to have? I doubt it will last much longer than two months, and at this point that's a drop in the bucket compared to how long we've been waiting.

My main point is this: Everyone is holding their breath for 'beta', but in reality we're waiting for the game's release.

8. Bizarre Monkey

A fair point Fado, the roadmap states the estimated release date is on 2013 of which four months remain, so unless they had a beta for two months and then released it on Christmas it's probable that you're onto something.

The only reason people speculate a beta is evidence which is pretty hard to testify against.

When pre-ordering one of the things you get is instant beta access.
    [​IMG]
    Only time will tell.

9. Oddlyinc

Oddlyinc Big Damn Hero

if it is true... i have been bracing my self for years :fusrodah:

black_dog, Duke and ExoSapien like this.
  10. ExoSapien

ExoSapien Title Not Found

yes you are buddy...your soul is rotting for it...let yo soul go free man..let yo rage fly:fireball:

11. ExoSapien

ExoSapien Title Not Found

i just realized i meant keep it up...

12. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know. I was teasing you for the error ;)

ExoSapien likes this.
  13. I Play Too Much

I Play Too Much Seal Broken

Attached Files:

14. Spertin

Spertin Big Damn Hero

TOO MUCH DATA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!
    [​IMG]

King Leonidas and Trixmay988 like this.
  15. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

Actually, it turns out that the stress from having strict deadlines actually stifles creativity.
    If you want to watch a very entertaining video, here's some evidence, courtesy of Ted Talks:

TheLoanArranger and Duke like this.