15th August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Aug 16, 2013.

1. blackmib

blackmib Aquatic Astronaut

the betas gonna be announced there hopefully

2. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ooh, an early one tonight :catface2:

It's nice to know the dev team still got progress done while the services were down, I would have just sat down and eat some food, some tv maybe X3 But they still got stuff done! Now that's amazing.

Anyway, I'm going to love the fact of temperatures, but a quick question (I know this isn't the right place...), will races have resistances to coldness like Avians or Apexes?

(Thank you for the information Ordana about other's questionssss :X )

JoeXz and tassina like this.
  3. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Races themselves don't gain special stats. It's their armors that do. Aside from that, I think there will probably be temperature specific armors.

JoeXz, Core and tassina like this.
  4. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

And Google + ruins yet another day.

5. Fireb4llz

Fireb4llz Aquatic Astronaut

Can someone clarify what mean by optional hunger? Does this mean I can just toggle it whenever? honestly I think that'd be a bit stupid.

6. 0243

0243 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Phew, I can finally go to bed. At last...

7. Psyme

Psyme Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It was just a comment. It makes glad to know I will not have the same frustrations.

Also, thank you for the link to the thread, I guess it would do me well to view more than just the front page.

tassina likes this.
  8. Falling Tide

Falling Tide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Morning.... It was 9pm and the post came from Tomorrow on my screen.... being invaded from the future RUN AND HIDE!!!

JoeXz and tassina like this.
  9. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, I was just wondering, thanks :catface2:

tassina likes this.
  10. Falling Tide

Falling Tide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

NOTE: Very off topic and probly has a thread!!
    But since this is seen by many people how do I get the Character Creator to save properly, as it just goes to a Cant Find Page screen when I click create.....

11. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope the feature was not removed all together? It sounds mighty useful to have stuff you hold have effect on you. Be it a comforting light, a forcefield generator or a sub-sound generator.

Great work Tiy. Unfortunatly, i cannot make it to I49. I do hope we get to share in the revelations exposed to the common people there?

12. Liraex

Liraex Orbital Explorer

Probably means that foods can only give benefits, like short-term buffs (thinking WoW). And doesn't kill you if you don't use it.

13. CubeX

CubeX Void-Bound Voyager

I like that idea, like having some items that you can hold and they give you status effects. You sohuld make a suggestion out of that. Definitely not armor though. Maybe some for example a orb of light?

14. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

You can choose to play without hunger enabled (presumably this choice is made on character creation or, for multiplayer, as a server option). With it enabled, not eating for too long (2 hours?) will kill you. Food has other benefits than not-dying-ness but these haven't been fully enumerated yet.

tassina likes this.
  15. Saiya Darkfire

Saiya Darkfire Industrial Terraformer

Question will we get this music in the soundtrack and when can we get it when will it be updated

16. SamuraiJack7

SamuraiJack7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

True that. If your inside your house (so long as it's sealed and has something generating heat) you should be able to walk around in just your boxers... If you want to...

Another great update though and another show of the commitment this team has to the game.

Harthouse and tassina like this.
  17. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Why is this so god damn hilarious? Why?

tassina likes this.
  18. Cuchilain

Cuchilain Phantasmal Quasar

LOL you could never do as poorly as Phil 'the dick' Fish. You actually are nice to your community and fans, you have stable builds ready for display at your 'con', and as long as you dont get a fat head from this game, you could be real rockstars in the dev scene by january.

Leak and Shalderave like this.
  19. Vierv

Vierv Pangalactic Porcupine

Good thing I'm an "early" person, too!

On another note, my bed sometimes feels like an icy death trap. Feels fine when I go to sleep.... then hours later I wake up shivering. :seriously:
    You sure it's a bug and not a surprise feature?
    Might be fun if there were warmer beds than others, I mean, sleeping in a quilted bed on a desert planet would be quite amusing looking for a while.
    Then you go to an ice planet and "dagnabbit I left my quilted bed on the desert world" as you slowly freeze to death sleeping in your egyptian cotton back-up bed.

All in all, looking awesome, as always.

20. fm1278

fm1278 Space Spelunker

Keep up the good work guys