15th August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Inco

Inco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The posts do not matter. That's right, the posts are just like Honey Boo Boo's dietitian.

[​IMG]

Cassiterides and tassina like this.
  2. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Tiy, not sure if devs have confirmed or not but please do not make temp and hunger optional. They are key gameplay mechanics in a game like this. If you absolutely must, please make sure it is server based and not character based. It would be a disaster if people were allowed to "disable" these things and play on any server they want. I feel anyone disabling these aren't playing the game as intended and I would not want to play with them because the playing field wouldn't be even.

There was a discussion about this a few weeks back and I think majority were in agreement that they shouldn't be optional.

3. Rueya

Rueya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's actually pretty hilarious! :DD Planet temperatures will be a very nice addition. I hope ale consumption will also be key in embracing the cold! :coffee:

tassina likes this.
  4. Shalderave

Shalderave Big Damn Hero

Respectively; Don't go naked on an ice planet, smash your pickaxe with one piece of ore occasionally, follow optional quests for a storyline or if in "wat do" situation, displays the special attack of the monster and what you can expect it to do if you capture it.

None of it is that complicated or even necessary, except the first one. The second one can be bypassed by not giving a damn, although it's inefficient to do so. Chucklefish has got this.

Now if they add RTS elements out of nowhere, I'm out.

[​IMG]

tassina likes this.
  5. Starfinder

Starfinder Big Damn Hero

Very nice Tiy!!

6. shucklefan1

shucklefan1 Phantasmal Quasar

yay some fixes! I hope the beta is out soon! :mwahaha:

killpay likes this.
  7. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Phantasmal Quasar

I hope warmth is affected BOTH ways, ie on desert planets // areas you need to find a way to keep COOL and HYDRATED....and if your in snow gear, you sweat to death, also, perhaps, the only stats that should affect things in the visual slot, would be hot or coolness, that way visual armor can have a use too.

8. Harthouse

Harthouse Orbital Explorer

Just a thought, (and I know there is a suggestion thread but this seems relevant here), shouldn't there be a way for homes/advanced enough shelters to negate the heat effects of a planet? Because I do plan on being naked whenever I'm in my home, and if my dude ignites into a screaming flame ball, that'll only be fun the first few times.

Mavi, JoeXz, Lord Hatty and 1 other person like this.
  9. LordPants

LordPants Scruffy Nerf-Herder

10. GarrickWinter

GarrickWinter Void-Bound Voyager

I would love to go to i49, but I live in Vancouver. :p

tassina likes this.
  11. paulo27

paulo27 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow, this is the first update, before I go to sleep, in a long while.

12. Cyral

Cyral Title Not Found

As a programmer, I swear bug fixing is half the job

13. Retroyoshi

Retroyoshi Aquatic Astronaut

Huzzah! bug fixes are a good, if not needed, thing that must be done every now and again. but I am slightly curious now, do we have to strip down to go to bed, and what about specific bedwear?

SPARTEN1337 X13 and tassina like this.
  14. Percival

Percival Phantasmal Quasar

Super early post is early. Also, death trap beds need to be a feature. You just come across a cabin on the world, jump in the bed, and it eats you!

15. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'm sorry to hear you had difficulties today with your networking. I am thankful for the update.

However, I am disappointed that using beds will require removing all of a player's armor. It seems kind of a trifling thing to add when the armor being removed could simply have been part of the getting-into-bed sprite. Hopefully enough people will be irritated by it that in the final release you won't have to manually strip all of your armor just to go to bed. This is one aspect where making the game emulate IRL is a hindrance, not a boon.

SPARTEN1337 X13 likes this.
  16. SnakeX

SnakeX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Most people would have taken outages as an opportunity for some free time, but not Chucklefish apparently! Hard workers no matter what, eh? Do take care of yourselves though, no one here wants to see anyone overwork themselves after all. :)

tassina likes this.
  17. Miggles

Miggles Big Damn Hero

On the mention of temperature and coldness: I assume you will have to wear warm clothing on colder planets to avoid death.
    Will this also be true (the adverse) on hot planets? Will there be planets so hot that you cannot survive without protective clothing?

18. Shalderave

Shalderave Big Damn Hero

I think they said at some point it's automatic. There was just a bed glitch where the game forgot you weren't actually naked.

Leak and tassina like this.
  19. Dahoga

Dahoga Phantasmal Quasar

Good job team. Not much more to say, you always do a good job!

20. Oddlyinc

Oddlyinc Big Damn Hero

40th!

Lord Hatty likes this.