RELEASED 15 x 15 Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Mods' started by wards_krypton, Mar 13, 2016.

1. BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Ok so you are talking two green houses completely... I understand now, but that sort of chaining, I could add like 10 more greenhouses for endless arrays of farming op. I just want one floor of greenhouse, 20x20 is bad enough.

I cannot see anyway to pretty it up as the view north is forever gonna be barren, even though people will plant and build stuff there. So there will be a transition of calming darkness to relax in lol

It's been a serious learning experience all round, if anyone has any idea about the transition without multiple greenhouses...

It's only this effing green house that traps the warp in right???

Right so I updated all my other saves, simply walk forward, there's nowhere else to go, best not build anything in front of you.

20x20 green house version no idea.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    • Rubicant1982

Rubicant1982 Subatomic Cosmonaut

hehe okay that works

• BoffoBoy

You can now safely plant those cran-ancient berries in all their crimson and cyan glory

One simply cannot hold back the fruit, no matter the cost of kegs.

• Rubicant1982

lol okay so for some reason it goes from the 20x20 I go in its turns dark accept for the plants I planted, then jumps to the 29x29 LOL

• BoffoBoy

ok so you mean you enter from farm, it is dark, so you move forward one and you enter the proper room? not sure I understand? I mean you see plants when you are in dark?

• Bucketsmith

Bucketsmith Aquatic Astronaut

Just to make sure I understand what's going on in this thread; the file you posted in this post, it changes the greenhouse interior to be 29×29 tiles, of which 20×20 tiles are farmland?
              And it makes the water trough usable as a water source?
              From Rubicant's last reply, I take it it still has some issues?
              And lastly, does the original mod from this thread work without issues? I'm hoping for a solid working mod to improve my greenhouse.

Side-note; I really think you should create your own topic with your version of the mod, BoffoBoy! :)

• BoffoBoy

3 wide tiles all around (not counting the wood) and 20x20 plant-able area, I believe it's 29x 29 I'm just too exhausted to really check lol. I was thinking about making a side area expressly for trellised or just flat out fruit trees all over (as if you could not fit 2x fruit trees all around the farmable plots if you can skip using the outer area of the soil for 28 days).

A few key points here
                1. My first exposure to modding at all, it was a day of panic and stress but people here are really patient and helpful, I owe them all a ton.
                2. There's an issue with entering the Greenhouse in that it is not tied to the Farm Map, it is locked within the .EXE. This means that the location where you enter is hard-coded and would need API to change. The workaround to this is to use a warp from within the green house to the entrance of the 20x20 greenhouse proper.
                2a. Entoarox suggested that you enter the standard greenhouse and then provide a so called 'back door' (in a glass green house) leading to the 20x20 proper but I mean really if you have to have more than 20x 20 plots, uh I mean I could do it provided I can copy paste tiles from one map to another, I'm really not sure.
                2b. My workaround, less than elegant but still better than entering middle of the farm plot is you just have a blacked out interlude that requires you to move forward (only way you can go) so the warp to the entrance of the 20x20 takes hold. This is what Rubicant was referring to but not sure what he meant by seeing crops he was growing while in the dark interlude; Waiting for reply
                3. The map for this beast is already like 150 x 82 but could easily extend into the x a long ass way - this is the only non api way to make crops grow in all seasons here, prime real estate for people making caves and what not they want to grow crops in (I don't understand it, there's no hydroponics here). Entrances do not need to even be in the green house or farm proper, any map could access that land.
                4. So provided I can easily conjure up the standard greenhouse from another instance of tIDE (I mean it's cut and paste right? =)
                I was thinking to take Entoarox's suggestion and plop down a the standard green house, but make it like staccato lines of trellis-able land... or like me, plaster massive amounts of all season pomegranate and peach trees.

I need a break. lol

taintedwheat likes this.
                • Rubicant1982

like I enter the greenhouse and it is pitch black and there are plants I had planted, but then walk forwards and it changes to the other version but no plants :(
                  It was very strange. I just reloaded the file and then the game and it was okay.

• BoffoBoy

huh that makes no sense. the dark is because you either enter in the middle of the soil or you need a warp from green house to green house., the exe holds the warp from farm to green house.

Why plants were there? makes no sense.

I mean if I can figure out a way to copy form another map and import it into this file, I'll take Entoarox's suggestion and have a normal green house that then leads to the 20x20. keep in mind I would make it like lines of soil so people that must plant trellises, have a place to do it and not mess up the real action. Then again as I mentioned, green house map is amazing in that anything you put in there floor wise , soil or not, will allow fruit trees to drop fruit all year round.

on anther note, I got married on my run and when I first loaded the game, wall paper was amazingly messed up beyond any rhyme or reason (I understand how the wallpaper/flooring works).

I reloaded and house was normal with the wall paper all where it was supposed to be and Leah's workshop in need of some customization.

Maybe the witch cursed us all that time.

oh and sorry , the original 15x15 is the same size map with the soil area bigger at the expense of the flooring around. I did not prefer it so I modded my own.

the 20x 20 works just uh no idea, game been acting weird on loading some times, nothing permanent and fixable by a reboot.

taintedwheat likes this.
                    • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

A greenhouse that leads to another greenhouse?! That's dope, and much better than having a cave attached to a basement. OMG AND IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR WEEDGROWING MOD IF IT EVER COMES TO BUD

zyymurgy likes this.
                      • BoffoBoy

Well I finished the white lines but the warp point to 20 proper blow away. ug you know when the melle mel call outs means I've been up too long.

but hey! the water really works!

Ok I need to stop really but....

ere we go,
                        Because a certain person simply could not understand why not two greenhouses...
                        Blackness got you down?
                        1 door 2 exits?
                        20 20 not enough?
                        Double your fun with more abusable green housery
                        Sick of consistent lighting? Want more random?
                        Love exits leading to entrances that make no logical sense? Blame ape for his seeming hatred of side entrances.

This is what I call the 20x20 Extension

instead of darkness, you get
                        Hemp Farm .png

plus the standard

[ 20 20 Proper.png

water is working as are the warps

uh safe to overwrite the other 20x20 as it never moved, only darkness was hurt.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
                        • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

TY for this!

I felt that it should be 15x15 to begin with...even if I lose the ability to "plant fruit trees" on the sides (since I feel this is a bug and weird and shouldn't happen anyway...if we want fruit trees in there, there should be a special area for that, heh).

Anyway, TY! ^^

• Bucketsmith

Bucketsmith Aquatic Astronaut

In between the separate posts in this thread, that are of a different project originally, and your writing style(no offence), I'm just having a really hard time following.
                            That's where my suggestion to having a dedicated thread comes from. So every version you make can have it's own little introduction in the starting post. I mean, I think you made different versions, or are they all updates to the same version?

• vhdblood

vhdblood Lucky Number 13

I'm just getting into modding Stardew, but I've done hacky mods to other games so I feel like I'm picking it up fast.

That being said, I found a solution for the warp point from the farm.

You can just add the warp you want to the farm map as if the code wasn't there.

I tried it with 28 15 Greenhouse 5 16 and it warped me to that point instead of the one that's in the code. I'm guessing that the map warps are higher in priority.

Success without API stuff!

Edit: Just realized that the original warp is hardcoded because you normally have to click the door. So that's not a static warp. This change just makes it a static warp when you walk into the door tile. Not sure if there's a way to break the door clicking function, as you can click it from a tile away if you're facing the door.

You can also just add "building" layer stuff to make a new doorway so you can't see/get to the old doorway to click it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
                                BoffoBoy likes this.
                              • BoffoBoy

Hmmm really, very neat. You can insure the warp works by putting down three warps on the tiles adjacent, but then you never need to unlock the green house, it's always active....

Not only that but if you add farm.xbn to the mod, that interferes anything modding farms... unless you know what you are doing and just tack on the warps yourself; ahh so jaded so fast.

Really neat workaround though, a shame it's really only the greenhouse that does this (to my knowledge).

• BoffoBoy

yeah sorry the last one is just a workaround adding more junk, all the other posts are updated with the latest 20x20 and some darkness.

Greenhouse 20x20 and some darkness
                                  http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/15-x-15-greenhouse.109785/page-6#post-2846635

Greenhouse Extension with Second Trellis Room (Version 1.0)
                                  http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/15-x-15-greenhouse.109785/page-6#post-2847422

Greenhouse Extension with Version 2.0 Trellis Room
                                  As requested by Taintedwheat and yeah, it does look better. leep in mind that this is compatable with all other current 2x20 but nothing can be growing in the 1.0 trellis room or weird things will happen =)
                                  Hemp Farm Version 2.0.png

Sorry total learning experience for me, I'll post this as its own but I need to get a hosting site and get a version running with vhdblood's excellent ideas. Oh and Easter is arriving soon.[/spoiler]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
                                  • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

what is the darkness thing? i don't quite understand what you mean. This looks fucking cool though, i can't wait to do something with it once i'm done doing whatever.

trying to word this in a way that makes sense w/ sleep deprivation... but can you make the trellises rows be two square grid row than just the one, what I like to do with trelises, especially in this context where it's doable, is have rows of two trellises together (looks prettier)

• vhdblood

vhdblood Lucky Number 13

The darkness he's referring to is a workaround. It's hard coded that you can't choose the location that the greenhouse front door takes you to. So he made a tiny black room that just teleports you to the correct location.

BoffoBoy likes this.
                                      • vhdblood

vhdblood Lucky Number 13

Yeah, maybe someone could create a patcher (depending on the flexibility of the .xnbs) to inject small changes into an already-changed .xnb. I'd imagine we'll see the APIs get fleshed out before that though.

I think all doors that must be clicked to enter are hard coded, as there's not a way to add that functionality to a map file (that I know of).

• BoffoBoy

I'm not sure what is going on, for some reason all the green house tiles have been given id numbers over 2000 (even in the stock green house) and my picker only goes up to 1990ish so a sample gives me an error and locks me out of the tile picker. I see the tile in the picker at 1946 but the map has it on 2109, a 613 difference. I'm missing that many tiles?