Dev Blog 14th March - A Star War

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 14, 2017.

1. DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

All I want is to see the complete elimination of teleporters in favour of your ship having a shuttle you can pilot down to the planet.

(With, y'know, an expedited version once you've done it successfully, I'm not a masochist. It's just the presence of the teleporter raises all sorts of questions as to why anyone bothers with space ships.

2. ferlol15

ferlol15 Void-Bound Voyager

It would be nice if this version adds a race like the novakids, you dont have to scan they furniture, also beacuse there is a spot in the "portal" that does not has a "skull" of a race.

3. Thani

Thani Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Man, I love the concepts and ideas you have for Wargroove thus far, but I would totally love just an equivalent game made of ALL the Starbound races in glorious Advance Wars fashion!

Waffle1311 likes this.
  4. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Looking at these mechs, all I can think is "I like the face on that thing!"

DaedricShadow likes this.
  5. Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

If we can fully castomize our mechas (body parts, paint, sounds) it will be so cool.

6. nefrem

nefrem Phantasmal Quasar

Damn fuck... i'm hyped again...
    I hope this release will fall on earth soon.

7. tomssuli

tomssuli Title Not Found

Nicee, now I'm really waiting for this updat...
    ...wait, was that a small Orz Nemesis that flashed by the mech just there in space? Sure looked like it :O

8. Xelot

Xelot Phantasmal Quasar

Wargroove looks great, also, about the update, it would be cool if we could find bosses out there...

GeneralBaB likes this.
  9. nefrem

nefrem Phantasmal Quasar

Do you think the mechas are "space use only" ? Or they can go on planets ?

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  10. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Likely they might be planet-usable, considering the Koala-era mecha implementation/Giraffe-era vehicle system.

GeneralBaB likes this.
  11. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

There are no plans of a race for that slot. That race was erased for a reason.

GeneralBaB likes this.
  12. Tyler Tenebrae

Tyler Tenebrae Pangalactic Porcupine

I think it's a little bit too easy.

13. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

So can we count out ship-to-ship battles?

I hope space exploration isn't just going to be restricted to beaming aboard ships or gliding towards them with these mechas.

GeneralBaB likes this.
  14. devilanc

devilanc Title Not Found

It looks like some sort of fuel system, or energy more than a life bar I think. Otherwise, why would a mech break itself when flying or walking?

GeneralBaB likes this.
  15. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, isn't it semi-canon that that's the builders of the ark and vaults, and that they were another offshoot of the Glitch experiment ("We advanced as we were designed")?

GeneralBaB likes this.
  16. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

I so hyped for this and I will wait patiently, this update is gonna be AWESOME! and could be worth the wait. *30 minutes later* *Waiting Intensifies*

17. steelwing

steelwing Big Damn Hero

Shiny space-traveling mech! O.O
    [​IMG]

This is a highly ambitious update. How soon should we expect all this awesomeness to arrive on our desktops?

Captain Rage likes this.
  18. nefrem

nefrem Phantasmal Quasar

Yes, when.... WHEEEN.
    Giving hype like this is a f*ing crime.
    Give us back our nighlty agaaaain !

19. Hebephryo

Hebephryo Phantasmal Quasar

Wish I was as hyped about ME:A, as I'm hyped about mech update. You guys rock.
    Also, nothing beats the customisation. If I can choose both paintjob and weapon type, then what else to ask? Things look really great.

GeneralBaB likes this.
  20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

If you watch the GIF, the meter takes a huge hit when the person playing gets hit by an enemy. It's clearly a life bar or maybe some sort of "shields" thing. 20% of it is gone the instant they get hit.

Hatsya Souji likes this.