Dev Blog 14th December - Inspectin' Gadgets

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 14, 2015.

1. The comment system is down currently (it relies on a Xenforo add-on we are looking into replacing), so post your comments here instead!

2. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am really curious about the new working tables - but that screenshot reminds me of something I wantet to ask for some time:

In the (very) updated version of the ship the captains chair is waaay behind the console. Only that certain guy from the Fantastic Four could reach it... wouldn't it be better to move the seat to near the console? Or better yet - let us move/place it ourselves?

3. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

As mentioned before, glad things got sorted and it is all back up. :D

That looks like an interesting way to go about it, if it works like I think it does. Regardless, it is quite a new direction for the lil' 3D printer thing. Hope this works a heck of a lot better being more incorporated into the system. Glad I waited before actually updating my personal mod. This looks a bit more enticing. :lickitung:

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I'm pretty sure one of those tables is related to farming progression, so I really hope that farming progression won't be a simple system of buying better seeds to get better crops... so many possibilities that could make farming progression interesting.

5. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Only the first table looks farming related. The second one looks like something for stims and the third one is a sci fi sewingmachine

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  6. Windy4sun

Windy4sun Void-Bound Voyager

I am glad we can upgrade the tables. They look so cool.

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

[​IMG]
    Stitch by stitch, putting it together~

m31k, Morzan, Hatsya Souji and 5 others like this.
  8. steelwing

steelwing Big Damn Hero

The middle one looks like a medical station. Are we getting to craft medical gear now?
    *gets his mad scientist hat out* :geek:

Spritley Jack likes this.
  9. Fullbuster Gray

Fullbuster Gray Yeah, You!

YAY!!!! More random crafting features that everyone for some reason loves! (including me) In all seriousness though looking forward to not simply walking to a single crafting station to craft EVERYTHING. Also... are dyable weapons in the future?

10. Nos37

Nos37 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This would be great!

If this new "Inspection Mode" is a sub-tool of the Matter Manipulator, like the Paint and Wire Modes, then it would make sense to remove them from the hotbar and have only the Matter Manipulator between L|R and 0. Then replace the Paint and Wire Mode hotkeys ( [T] and [Y] ) with cycle sub-tool forward and back. This would allow for more tools to be accessible without adding to the scroll time for those of us who use the mouse wheel to navigate the hotbar. [R] would quickly reset the sub-tool back to Mining Mode.

Back to the moving-ship-furniture-around point that Skydart had made, I think it would be great to add another sub-tool to the Matter Manipulator called Move/Lift Mode. This would allow players to pick up furniture in the world with left-click, and place the furniture elsewhere with right-click. This mode will not break open chests (spilling its contents), or move the object into the player's inventory.

[DOUBLEPOST=1450123998][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You mean like upgrade-able/tiered sprinkler, planter, and harvest systems?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's actually the inspect button, hotkey N, that's been there in the top-right corner since forever and was for a while replaced by holding Alt. It's that button/hotkey again now in Nightly, and activating it gives you Inspection Mode as seen here.

steelwing likes this.
  12. Spritley Jack

Spritley Jack Big Damn Hero

Cool stuff!

13. HimochiIsAwesome

HimochiIsAwesome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm excited to possibly be able to get recipes for build items without having to completely trash the pretty generated towns and builds! :D

n1t3n likes this.
  14. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Among other things, yes. Not a simple +1/+1 progression, but something diverse and interesting. Reward players for making decisions instead of having a certain number of pixels.

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  15. devilanc

devilanc Title Not Found

Oh! I like how the 3D printing thing is coming out! Was getting really tired to always scan them back and forth from my inventory :nuruhappy: Does this mean the object won't be destroyed when scanning it? And will we be able to scan things even when not in ship? And will blocks be scannable? So many questions :nuruflirt:

Spritley Jack likes this.
  16. NonBritGit

NonBritGit Cosmic Narwhal

It's amazing how much detail you guys pack into each item in the game. Those new workbenches are amazingly amazing.

17. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

I'm all for anything that replaces feeding loot into the 3-d printer. Especially if we can scan it straight from the environment!

Morzan and Hatsya Souji like this.
  18. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Me likez the scanning...

19. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

Them pixel arts be fancy.

20. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

oh nice sprite and animaton i like it :up:
    im proud of you guys the game is really good now