14th August Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 15, 2013.

1. MaidenGaia

MaidenGaia Void-Bound Voyager

That armor... outfit... set thing looks so cooool. And the guitar. And those tents are neat. Everything's so cool, I can't wait anymoooore!
    ...Though I guess I'm gonna have to. Carry on, devs. I'm gonna go back to my cycle of checking the updates and then retreating into my cave of other things I should really be doing until beta.

tassina likes this.
  2. marchello35

marchello35 Big Damn Hero

OMG!! when he did it? after or before fixing the sand bug? he so awesome!!! xd

tassina likes this.
  3. Brenden8r

Brenden8r Void-Bound Voyager

Hey you! I have good news! The footage was streamed, and someone recorded it on this channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/Halo933/videos

tassina likes this.
  4. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

He worked on the beamaxe first, then he did the sky sand fix :love:

tassina and marchello35 like this.
  5. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

"ever get to see."

What, are you terminally ill?

And is it really the developers' fault that the expectations are being raised higher than the physical realm of reality allows?

tassina likes this.
  6. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*And then he is and you feel like shit* :p

tassina likes this.
  7. Titanium

If I hadn't accounted for that, I would've been a lot harsher with that particular jab.

tassina and Lord Hatty like this.
  8. SuperOops23

SuperOops23 Void-Bound Voyager

:eek:
    That planet reminds me of Giygas from earthbound...

9. burthstone

burthstone Big Damn Hero

Sad, they likely wont release beta or the full game until Multiplayer is finished, but I still enjoy the daily posts.

10. GrimChaos

GrimChaos Tentacle Wrangler

I love the camo gear. Looks so awesome. Very fitting for a snowy biome too. :D

tassina likes this.
  11. Titanium

I'm really surprised that nobody else has pointed out that the armor in that screenshot looks a lot like—

[​IMG]

tassina likes this.
  12. jambox5

jambox5 Big Damn Hero

<Rant>
    I know the talk of "Beta soon!" or "no signs of a near Beta" gets old hat, but I sort of realized yesterday when looking at this update that, Beta may be either 1) a ways off, or 2) feature incomplete. why? well think about what HASN'T been discussed/previewed on any streams or updates.

-we have yet to see or hear a single peep about vehicles or how they work, boats, mechs, and mounts of some sort are all planned features but only a sprite or two have been released with no talk of if they are implemented/working etc..

-no info has been released on NPCs and buying/selling, do NPC merchants still exist or has that been scrapped for 3D printer? are NPC quests still around? how will you get NPCs onto your 'home' planet? all in the dark still

-We have yet to get a meet/Introducing the Hylotl poast, giving me the opinion that very much of the art and lore for them is incomplete or still un-decided

-No discussion or updates have gone into depth or coverage of the pet/monster taming system lately either, giving me reason to speculate it is far from finished or playable

Now I am not complaining or trying to say "give us an unfinished beta". I think Chucklefish have been working extremely hard and I applaud them for that and wish them the best of support, I'm just throwing out a reality check for those who after every *bleeping* daily update fill the forums up with useless "I smell Beta" posts
    that is all.
    </Rant>

tassina, Dis, Jackorias and 1 other person like this.
  13. Titanium

You might want to highlight, as I have, the last part of that rant as the rest of the post can project an impression opposite to the one you're intending.

I might be wrong about that, though.

14. Jackorias

Jackorias Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well played sir

15. jambox5

jambox5 Big Damn Hero

ooh, good Idea, I could see where the 1st half gives off an opposite impression, I'll go edit that :)

16. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

That's true.. But if whoever goes through reading it without reading it in it's entirety of it is kind of missing the point anyway, no?

EDIT:
    Also, I'm sorry, no I didn't...
    I'm.. not from the eighties. :wut:

tassina likes this.
  17. Daldingo

Daldingo Void-Bound Voyager

Actually, I have Wagner's, among other auto-immune deficiencies. Thank you for your sensitivity, smart-ass. And yes, it is their fault, because they constantly feed that hype with "CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT" and "FEATURES FEATURES FEATURES," with no playable game in sight.

Necrius likes this.
  18. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

The update post text is the soul, screenshots are the body.

tassina likes this.
  19. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

First of all, Titanium did make an insensitive comment. However, rationally speaking, how could've he known?
    Not saying what he said was right, but maybe you could address it in a slightly less abrasive manner?

Secondly, the fact that they're still adding more and more content and features should tell you that it's not a finished product yet.
    It's either they keep us in the loop, or keep us in the dark.
    Personally, I prefer being in the loop. :catface2:

20. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

love me a snow planet :D