14th August Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Kalrirr

Kalrirr Big Damn Hero

It's not that bad, relax... A few people started guessing on a possible release date and you label them as "annoying". Curiosity is part of life, what's the harm in a few people sharing their speculations? =)

2. Sadeyx

Sadeyx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Starting recipes today, starting weapons yesterday..

They are only just working on the starting stuff! Isnt there 100 levels of difficulty.. hehe

Does anyone really need any more proof that Starbound really is not ready for release, beta or otherwise. :)

3. TheKlu

TheKlu Phantasmal Quasar

4. MetalCobra

MetalCobra Space Hobo

I really hope playable insturments will be available in this game! It really may be a dream come true!!! :)

5. Crombo

Crombo Void-Bound Voyager

that is a real atmosphere to tell ghost stories and play the guitar by the campfire ^^
    Great job devs :)

tassina, Titanium and 1John5vs7 like this.
  6. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

Is that a snow cammo armor?

7. Chemikill

Chemikill Master Chief

Not sure what I expect with each update getting closer to next Friday, but, it's still keeping my Starbound fix up to date.

1John5vs7 likes this.
  8. Zypher

Zypher Void-Bound Voyager

I for one am very happy to see the daily starbound update. I know the devs are working hard day and night to make a amazing game and i extremely grateful. Thanks again starbound team keep up the amazing work =P

tassina and 1John5vs7 like this.
  9. Sqwal

Sqwal Subatomic Cosmonaut

PFFFTT AHAHAHAHAHA :rofl: oh god when i read this i started laughing so hard i was crying a bit. Oh geez someone give this guy i comedian award freaking 2013 best comedian of the year.

10. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Those daily updates began to look so petty and useless. "Blah blah some minor tweaks blah blah UI improved blah blah blah FIRST boss still not finished blah blah stupid gif with darn stupid feature without anything worthy of attention blah". Oh, also "Blah blah no game for you in 2013 blah blah".

Feature Creep FTF.

darklink7879 and Sousuke Kuroda like this.
  11. Shade215

Shade215 Big Damn Hero

so you would rather have them rush it, making the game less quality and potentially more bugged and/or not give updates about their progress to the community that funded said game?

tassina, riseoflegends and 1John5vs7 like this.
  12. 0olong

0olong Big Damn Hero

While I am sure that your impassioned plea reached their ever attentive ears, I am sure that they will release the beta when they believe that it is ready... which may or may not be in the foreseeable future.

Take your time boys and girls! I got finals this week!

I think that the constant pleas and complaints for the Beta are beginning to look petty and useless. I believe that by now most people here know that it will come out when it comes out and not due to someone telling them that enough is enough and they want the beta now.

13. MATRIX_X

MATRIX_X Poptop Tamer

im anxious to play the beta :p

14. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I've got to take my hat off to Mollygos. She is my favorite dev. Wise move there, Chucklefish, having your most personable developer subtly hint that beta will NOT be released after the expo like many were thinking. I guess you aren't planning to have a playable demo at the expo so much as a visual demonstration of what the game can do. I would just ask that if you *are* going to have a playable demo at the expo that you at least make that available to the community here. It isn't fair that we who have pre-ordered and have been waiting would get less than what a few con-goobers who happen to live in the right country get.

Probably you're not intending to have a playable demo as with mobile technology and social media, there would be too many [​IMG].

As always, Molly, love your updates. I dig the lil' guy jammin' out in the blizzard. It looks very DragonForce in a way, which makes me giggle because metal that is self-aware of the silliness of metal culture and satirizes it is deliciously meta.

Et moi aussi, mon amie.

tassina likes this.
  15. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca Pangalactic Porcupine

I have to get this off my chest.

I for one am glad they are still adding features and fixing things before bringing it to the public.
    I don't mind bugs, thats what beta is for. But i've found feature incomplete (read Alpha) to be disastrous for my will to continue with the game
    I've played edge of space's alpha (le gasp? the opposition? well yes, but that was before i found out about starbound).

It's very feature incomplete. Mobs werent balanced, hardly anything to find, portals leading to places with mazes going nowhere. It was too... empty.. There was nothing to keep me busy after the first couple of days.

When i see the amount of features, the diversity of StarBound it makes me happy. I prefer waiting a bit longer for a game that will surprise me each time i turn a corner, each time i find a recipe/schematic for something that i didnt know yet, then have an empty game right now which ruins my game experience for the future.

Yes, I want the game out asap. But I want it feature complete, and as long as the updates keep surprising me we stuff that make me go "oh wow!" or fixing bugs, i'll wait it out patiently.

tassina, Kalrirr, Menasor and 5 others like this.
  16. Jackorias

Jackorias Subatomic Cosmonaut

Indeed it seems from how she's worded things that Beta isn't exactly close to release yet but there's nothing wrong with that. People can get annoyed and complain all they want o.e it's not going to get the game done any faster, if anything just stress out the devs. At anyrate thank you for the daily update :D and love the gif ^^ looking like it's going to be an incredible experience to play.

17. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

Still It's quite nice everything is coming along just as planned. Keep those features coming guys :D

18. 1John5vs7

[​IMG]

Finally, someone who gets it. Thank you, good sir.
    [​IMG]

98% RELEVANCE:
    [​IMG]

tassina and Silvestre like this.
  19. TurkaS7

TurkaS7 Aquatic Astronaut

Cant wait planetary exploration :DDDD

Awesome game developers, keep going with that mini-updates! :D

20. 1John5vs7

I agree 100% with you, madamoiselle. I've been playing some Cube World. It's a cute game, it's a functional game, but it just feels empty. It feels like Minecraft with more mobs, more difficulty, and NONE OF THE CRAFTING. I log in once in a while to poke around with it, but it's mostly out of bored desperation. They shouldn't have released it as an alpha because it's unlikely to budge from there now due to lackluster reviews.

I think Chucklefish is a self-aware company. They are relatively new, and they are self-conscious about their size and their funding pool. They don't have a billion dollar budget to slap into this game if the beta flops. This game will sink or swim based on the quality of the beta product they release. If beta is fail, hundreds of bloggers will report how fail it is, and that will shoot the game down in burning cinders with no hope of the finished product ever materializing.

So, if you children want to fuss about beta like neonates, you certainly have the right to speak freely, but you're basically demanding that the game never gets completed and ultimately fails miserably. If that's actually what you want, two words: get out. We don't want you here if that's your attitude. You stink for being that way. Don't ruin a good thing for everyone else; that's what the rest of the Internet is for.

tassina, Shalderave, Masa K. and 5 others like this.