Dev Blog Starbound's 2 Year Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Katzeus, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Original Post

2. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

Happy Anniversary you guys!!! <3

Eralia likes this.
  3. Eralia

Eralia Phantasmal Quasar

congrats!!! i absolutely love this game, cant wait to see the updates that will come out in the following time!

4. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Happy anniversary!

Sooo.... Ummmm.... Any development news for PC? Any at all? Are you doing anything?

VitaminK, Greenfinger and Beatrice like this.
  5. ManicRykker

ManicRykker Phantasmal Quasar

Just to echo from the Discord server earlier today:

"Samuri: The Xbox version has been our priority this year, and we are a small team with lots to do"

We all already know that 1.4 is delayed/postponed. I'd say it's safe to say we probably won't get any pc update related news until the Xbox version is up and running.

So before this devblog starts piling up with carbon copies of the same questions and complaints from the previous one, folks should have some patience.

If you want to be alerted on future devblogs, watch this forum. Until then, just go about your business. (Or don't... Whichever floats your boat I guess.)

6. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been playing for a year but since my gaming pc is dead I can no longer play, my laptop should be able to run it but since the game doesn't support multi-core I run at 5 fps.
    This game is fantastic and I'm working my arse off to be able to buy a new pc so that I can play it again, but please enhance the performance and the multi-core managment please.

See you space Novakids.

7. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Two years already? Man, seems like only yesterday it was still in development, and we were all speculating what the game would include. Been quite a rollercoaster ride since then, but I've enjoyed the final product quite a lot. Hopefully the Xbox port goes well and allows more people to enjoy the game.

8. StarCrusader

StarCrusader Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, I remember back in the olden days, when story was limited, crew didn't exist, and I felt like a decent player.
    Then came 1.0. See ya save file.

But honestly, I love Starbound in all it's 2 year glory, plus all of early access. Keep it up Chucklefish.

9. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

A couple of months ago I found a copy of Starbound from about a year before the 1.0 release on my old laptop. I decided to play it one more time to see what it is like (on my current computer.) My experience can be described in three words "Nostalgic and slow" I wandered around the apex tall apex laboratory where I had set up all of my crafting stations and placed all of my various collectibles; then I flew to some unexplored planet to find a sci-fi dungeon! Ah, good times.

All and all, I would say that I much prefer the Starbound of today over any version (especially since this one runs faster, much faster.)

StarCrusader likes this.
  10. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Happy birthday, Starbound!

Alkanthe likes this.
  11. Tlactl

Tlactl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you Chucklefish for creating the thing I dedicated my life to

Tela The Floran likes this.
  12. PseudoGold

PseudoGold Pangalactic Porcupine

Well I feel old now, I remember having to manage body heat and how materials were locked to various sectors. Here's to more Starbound!

13. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I remember when I found this game, it's had its up and downs, but it remains a game to enjoy nonetheless! good job these past years of development

14. superconsole

superconsole Queen of Chickens Chucklefish

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I know the team here super appreciate it! :nuruhappy:

It's busy at CF HQ as always, but was lovely seeing the SB dev team taking some time out to chat about everyone's launch memories and share development stories.

Thanks again for the big love, all - speak soon!

15. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

Happy anniversary! (ꈍᴗꈍ)
    [​IMG]

Kawa likes this.
  16. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Been quite a long process, and we have a time with what we have. Enjoyed each version from the koala days to now the 2 year from 1.0. I may now been only playing here or there, however still enjoy the game for what it is.

I am one to await the xbox version, because the possible controller support to come. That and well... Playing on the console. I still say good work yall, as it has been a nice ride through development. I always hope for the best to bound into the stars of my building empires I have dreamt up. :nuruhappy:

17. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I wasn't originally going to say anything because it's already been said. But then I realised I've been gaming for over 20 years and Starbound is easily within my top 5 games in terms of playtime. If that doesn't speak for itself I don't know what to tell you.

Kawa and Jonesy like this.
  18. Yarott

Yarott Phantasmal Quasar

3 years of Early Access + 2 years of out of it = Technically a 5th Birthday we didn't celebrate well enough.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    StarCrusader likes this.
  19. MidgetLover

MidgetLover Scruffy Nerf-Herder

meme console release, i wonder if i would bring myself to pay twice internet access to play vidya ever?

man if time passes fast, currently my SB runs like crap, post-endgame and hoarding hasn't made it any better but boi if i had fun while listening to vaporwave as bg noise

20. Yavor

Yavor Big Damn Hero

Happy Birthday to all of you! Happy Birthday to the best game I've ever played!
    Have a tripple chocolate-coffee-carrot cake! =)